Cyberverse BAF Deluxe Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Dec 16, 2019.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    PROS
    -Highly poseable
    -Blast effects
    -Fusion cannon can be used in different ways
    -The way the turret folds inside the backpack
    -Good sculpt overall

CONS
    -Small (4'' long in tank mode, 5'' tall in robot mode)
    -Thin plastic
    -Toes looks like they could have been slightly longer
    -Transformation is not all that intuitive, some parts will want to pop off if you don't pay attention (like the front turret pieces that fold inside the upper arms)
    -Joints are a bit loose
    -Head can't look up like Prime's

I don't care for the BAF part, so I'll let someone else review it later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  2. robb0429

robb0429 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If you don't want the BAF parts, I'll gladly buy them off of you if you ever put them up for sale.

3. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

I dont buy Cyberverse figures but I am very tempted to get these.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I finally got my order in this afternoon, after traversing the country in one day, it then spent the next 42 hours 4 miles from my house. I got 3 of the four (I didn't get OP) and of the three, far and away, Megatron is my favorite.

In fact, he's Transformation of the year for me. Over all the years, we've gotten a lot of tanks. But not one has such a fun transformation; in some ways he reminds me of the PRID Vehicon or Animated Lockdown, only instead of the legs being the major feature, he's got a lot of very cool stuff going on. Everything pegs and moves around, creating a real transformation experience that's never been done like that before, but still manages to be both rather simple, but also achieving a big change. Everything moves around creating a fluid but easy transformation. He has no big gaps, everything pegs, slots, or moves as it should, and he has plenty of options for display.

On top of that excellent transformation, he's also very well articulated. Butterfly joint shoulders with enormous range, ball joints with clearance, and ankle tilt and rockers. Even his head has some great range for adding personality to him. It's a small thing, but I also find that I'm loving that he has an effect peg on the back of his turret in tank mode that becomes the bottom of his backpack in robot mode; adding a SIEGE effect piece makes him seem even more dynamic either flying or dashing forward.

My copy seems to be better than most, as I've seen several comments about loose joints, but mine isn't. I had a shoulder pop off during the first transformation, but that was partially due to a joint being stiff on the first change along with me moving it in a way that encouraged the pop and a slightly loose right knee. Some nail polish fixed those both up very nicely. I also after some debate glued his effect pieces together. Unlike Shockwaves, there's no real reason to keep them as pieces, so now it's one big blast effect.

Yes, he's not that big, I can understand every complaint in that arena, but I've never been a "leader must be the biggest or near biggest on a faction" mentality, so it doesn't bother me that much. In fact, for anyone really concerned about alt mode scale, that makes him scale better against many Voyager jets. Also, laughably, he's in perfect scale with Animated Leader Megatron to be any version of G1 Megatron from the scale charts. (And Voyager SS Movie 1 Megatron is almost in that same size group as well).

I'd take some pictures, but I have been ridiculously busy and I barely had time to review these guys.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    He's pretty good, neat transformation. Shoulder joints are really loose and pop off easy, though. Love the tank mode.
    20200109_222929.jpg

20200109_213730.jpg

6. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not my pig, not my farm..nice review, but these are a HARD NO

• Like Like x 1
  7. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bonapart's ghost just gave you low bones bro.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw this guy in Target today, for $23.59. (!!!!) He's so tiny I just couldn't make myself pull the trigger. He looks pretty cheap. Sad really, because I was excited for the subline.

9. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    He's definitely a fun figure with a cool tank mode once tightened up. But man, i've never had any action figure be as floppy as Woody from Toy Story out of the box.

10. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Wth? I've never seen Target price a TF above MSRP in-store. They're the regular $19.99 over here.

11. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

The tank mode looks like something that should be kicking my ass in the 2004 Armada PS2 game. I need it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, for some reason a lot of the Target stores in the Culver City and south LA area are doing it. Its very odd.

13. megatronix1002

megatronix1002 All Hail Megatron!

News Credits:
    I am actually pleasantly surprised about how I am liking this deluxe sized Megatron figure, very poseable and a fun transformation, nothing pops off from my copy!

If I had a nitpick.. Most of his head is unpainted except the red eyes.

14. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm finding this is the one from the wave that I don't want to put down. I haven't opened Bumblebee yet but of the 3 it's probably the best package.

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Loose af, arms flop around & legs fall off.
    These will most likely be marked down soon to atleast 14.99. Just not worth $20.

You can pledge his balljoints to make him awesome for a minute, with 2 cool waist rotation joints, but he’s nothing compared to a Siege deluxe.
    Smaller, floppier, cheap plastic, legs can easily pop off.

Better off buying a can of biscuits, sausage, butter, milk, eggs & bacon

BAF piece included

BD6FAEE4-77B4-43E0-AD90-C4C160888F1A.jpeg A0510176-EF22-472E-A7E6-8697C954DFB2.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like him with the one caveat that you use something to tighten his ball joints. He's not as well made as Shockwave from this wave, but he's a fine deluxe take on Megatron with great articulation ONCE you tighten those joints. I mean, he has butterfly shoulder joints, which is pretty impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chaos Muffin

I may have got a dud, picked up BAF Bumblebee & he’s pretty tight.

Some future or pledge always does the trick, just dont like the re-applying part after it wears out.
    Meg’s tightened up is def awesome though. May be the best articulated deluxe Megatron out there to think of it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt you have a dud- BB and Shockwave are stable but it seems both Prime and Megs are pretty loose. I had to tighten both. That certainly sucks that we have to do something to make them even hold their guns up, but the design themselves are pretty good. So far one pass with clear nail polish has kept them tight enough.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020 at 2:52 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Chaos Muffin

Yeah my Shockwave is super tight. Bumblebee is basically perfect, Prime’s on the loose side and Megatron is floppy.

20. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I picked up a second Megatron not that long ago on sale. For all the reports, and with the first one having some loose hips, the second one was very surprising; it was all very tight. On top of that, the second one blast effects actually fit together too. (As a reminder, my first one didn't fit very well at all and I ended up gluing it together)

Given that my first one was from Hasbro before they landed domestically and this one was much later, perhaps they fixed something in their production process.

• Like Like x 2