Cyberverse a group review.

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Thewatcher88, Oct 14, 2018.

1. MishMash

MishMash Member

Gatherin' my thoughts about this, I find this show to be fine, but it doesn't do much more than simply exist. It lacks identity, and as a result, feels just there. Windblade is probably my favorite character in this show, she feels the most characterized out of all them in dialogue. I wished they take more risks for this series, or at least give it more of it's own charm. But I'd believe between funding two shows, a potential web series, five or so toy line with their own splinter things, among other things, it makes me wonder how if Cyberverse suffers due to this desire to fit into all these different things?

2. Murasame

Murasame We like to talk big, vampires do

News Credits:
    Why doesn't Hasbro put in the money to make it a show for syndication? Why is it either only for cartoon network or web series? There are other channels showing cartoons than cartoon network. Seems to me totally counter productive. If the show sells itself, it will also sell toys (well, if they would also put money into the toys...)

• Like Like x 3
  3. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro takes their shows to Licensing Expo literally every year, they most definitely do have interest in selling it to people other than Cartoon Network.

it's just that nobody is interested in Cyberverse other than Cartoon Network. With good reason.

4. Red Arrow

Red Arrow Member

YouTube:
    Well, to be fair, it's airing on two channels in Canada (YTV & Teletoon), and also on two channels in Flanders (VTM Kids & Cartoon Network), two channels in the Netherlands (RTL7 & Cartoon Network), two channels in Germany (Nickelodeon & Cartoon Network) and two channels in France (Gulli & Cartoon Network).

Your "good reason" is that Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network treat all third-party shows like trash in the USA.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cartoon Network has, like, 4 other third-party shows on their channel on the same day as Cyberverse that gets better ratings. Nickelodeon too. Disney too. Nickelodeon in particular has 2 actual Hasbro properties with better time slots than Cyberverse. But if a cartoon can only get 200 000 viewers on it's season finale dropping nearly 150 000 viewers from the premiere you can probably presume the channel management was right in not putting much trust on it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Poetic Predacon, Deadpan Decepticon

Well it's not really the shows fault 100%.

Just like RID15 and Animated CN buried this show early in the morning and it gets ZERO ADVERTISING.

Come on. Anything. Good or bad, can't attract viewers at an invisible timeslot with absolutely no regular hours advertising even indicating it exists.

This is a Hasbro problem. They don't have the guts to insist and ensure its shows have any real presence. It's a sin that Robots in Disguise and Animated didn't make a bigger splash in their time.

Cyberverse I can't say. Depends on where they go from here.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Stormragetron

Stormragetron Well-Known Member

i like Cyberverse .... its not my favourite show as that will probably always be TFP , but it is nicely done and has probably the best cast of characters since G1 .

My only gripe is Bumblebee's radio speak which i am fine with in the movies , but in this it doesn't sound like radio quotes , it is more like idiotic teenagers talking .

I am actually happy it is on cartoon network uk , but i hope it gets shown on CITV too , like RID was .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Red Arrow

Red Arrow Member

YouTube:
    It attracts so little viewers because of its timeslot, not the other way around.

2018 ratings by series: Cartoon Network | Nickandmore!
    Transformers Cyberverse performed better than the other two deadslotted series (Bakugan and Mega Man).

Notice how literally every series had less viewers in 2018 compared to 2017. Not undeserved. The American schedule is terrible. Luckily Cartoon Network has made it clear that international ratings matter to them, which is why they kept renewing Adventure Time and Ben 10.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  9. Beemer

Beemer Well-Known Member

I watched a few episodes early on, and like others, wasn't too impressed with the voice actors.

"King of the Dinosaurs" turned me around 180 degrees. I'm 100% on board now. The fact that

Grimlock is a genius by DESIGN, and for a story ark purpose, makes me realize they had a plan all along. And I practically cheered out loud when they said Mount St. Hilary. Brilliantly done.

The fact that they have a little Wesley robot from Portal in there is icing on the cake. I crack up every time he calls Windblade "not crew." Great stuff.

EDIT: Although what this whole thing really needs is a re-edit that mixes the front and back halves of the season into two 90-minute movies, minus the trailers and credits and with the commercial breaks smoothed out. Seems like those who've watched the whole thing back-to-back have enjoyed it more, and if that's the intent, it really suffers having to click to skip the intermediary stuff.

It works a lot better as one viewing experience, I think.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Mega scream

Mega scream Fguyretftgu7

I thought Cyberverse would be bad, with the 10 min thing but it exceeded my expectations.

I'm not saying it's THAT good, but it's quite a worthy TF show.

Really excited for Season 2 though.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Tkwc

Tkwc Active Member

I'm loving it, I say is up there with Prime and animated, yeah it could be better but I think is getting to it, can't wait for season 2, it would really benefit from a 22-minute run but so far is really good stuff. To those on the fence just give it a chance, you might just be afraid that you will like it.

• Like Like x 2