Cyberverse 2019 Spark Armor figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Twin Cast, Feb 11, 2019.

1. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Not a bad concept.

Really, really poor execution.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait... they have knees!!

I hope that Bee isn’t too big. I want to replace the crappy Warrior one with a similarly sized one in my display.

3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Gonna be honest, there were TONS of potential repaints of the BW figs they did for CHUG that got passed up. Not personally a fan of BW but I would have at least liked to have seen them roll some of them out for the collectors who wanted them. Would have been a decent thing to fling at one of the conventions or the Club.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Wonder if Arkimus Prime has knees and unhindered shoulder articulation like the rest. Need to see these in person. Big step up from current Cyberverse toys.

5. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    if my nephew wants these, i'll get them for him, but no way will they enter my collection. I get too much of a power rangers vibe from them. Cyberverse is the only toyline that I don't have at least 1 mold from (kinda sorta, i have Takara Legends Blackarachnia who is a repaint or retool of Animated Blackarachnia). I have 1 or 2 G1. A bunch of Car Robots, a bunch of beast era stuff. Almost everyone who was in the Prime cartoon. Obviously a lot of Generations stuff from Classics through Siege. One, count them One MP but Cyberverse just rubs me completely the wrong way.

6. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

Okay, I actually like these.
    Time will tell whether or not they look good in person (lots of the 2018 Cyberverses looked good in renders too), but it's a really neat concept.

And hey! An Ark toy! That's really tempting.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Sky-Byte is bought on sight.

I like the Battleship armor for Bumblebee, but I'll hold off final decision until I see a review.

The Ark looks nice, but not $50 nice.

8. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, we definitely need a good Ark. I'm not a big Cyberverse fan, but I'm interested in that Ark/Optimus combo, even though the spaceship armour thing is a bit weird.. Hopefully it turns out to be decent. I wouldn't mind a Nemesis/Megatron version, either.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I think the only hindered shoulder one is Bumblebee from his battle ship armor being connected at the shoulder plates.
    But prime's side mirrors seem to block a little.

Arkimus may lack knees though, because of top heaviness reasons too.

Megatron seems to lack them too, only having side bend instead from transformation.

10. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

SkyByte because shark.

BB because Destroyer/Battleship accessory.

The rest are an EASY PASS because Cyberverse = crap toys.

On the bright side, we're finally seeing Hasbro expand their TF portfolio... to even more junk we won't buy. :thumb  If you're trying to spend money in 2019, it might be difficult with these flooding shelves, while Generations products get the usual retailer/supplier/Hasbro shaft! :banghead: 

And if you suggest I buy Hasbro product via case-load and online retailer? I'll mirror ToyGalaxy's sentiment on the topic: If you're going to make me jump through flaming hoops to buy your product, and push me to go online... guess what? There are a ton of online-only items that are competing for my attention, and I'll likely buy something else while looking for a Hasbro product! ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator

• Like Like x 3
  12. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

I can't tell if you're being insulting sarcastic or appreciatively supportive! :lol 

But yeah, always look for a bright side. The toy aisle may be junk with this stuff... but at least it reduces the financial strain on the family, right? :lol 

Oh, and another fun positive: when these go on clearance, you'll probably be able to buy a curious couple for <$10!

13. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kind of want the Ark just to have an Ark. it’s cool that Skybyte’s making a return. I hope he’s still a poet. I’m more interested to see how these characters will fare on the show which I found surprisingly enjoyable. Far more than the toys themselves which aren’t really worth getting.

14. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Should be good. The people behind the show are pretty amazing fans that do phenomenal work, and are open to anything so long as it works well in the show or can be made to work well in the show. I'll always sing their praises, they are like new age animated kind of love and care with the franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    Most of the armors in vehicle mode look great. Definitely bought on clearance lolz. Prowl looks like he ate too much and is about to hurl.

16. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man if I can find the Battle Class Screamer on clearance I'm going to troop build him so hard...

17. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I would wager they're smaller than standard Warriors if they come with armor partners.

18. Berser Car

Berser Car Cryptid member

Tumblr:
    Man, I have to to eat my words that I just said yesterday, that I would only support Cyberverse with views because I would never buy their toys. Now I want several of these.
    It would be great if all the connectors were 5mm for more cross size class and cross line compatibility. You could give your Siege toys some Ark armor.

I wonder if these renders cover all the characters they will have in this subline? I wonder if that means something for the fiction? Does Windblade, Shockwave, Grimlock and the entire seeker squad under Slipstream die next episode, because they don't show up here? I have no doubt Cyberverse will kill one character or another without fear, but all of those? I don't think so.

19. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And the "I'll buy it when the price drops/it's on clearance" comments have started.

20. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    “I think I may want these new Cyberverse figures!” is a phrase I never thought I’d be saying...

Think I may have to get helicopter Megatron and Jet Prime...

• Like Like x 1