Cybertronic Spree kickstarting TF:TM cover album

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Uniclonus, May 1, 2019.

1. Uniclonus

Uniclonus Well-Known Member

Man, that was the most professional and high quality live stream from a bar involving robots covering 80s cartoon music that I've ever seen. Top notch.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    Music video announced on the live stream!

That unforgettable track, the one "The Transformers: The Album" is incomplete without...

Dare........... to be Stupid.

~L~

3. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was a fun stream. :) 

4. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    It really was fun.

I missed the first ten minutes of the live stream (I was logged into the other channel) so I'm glad YouTube has archived the stream to rewatch later.

~L~

5. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Project Update #5:

Update From The Battle Zone (AKA The Studio!)
    [​IMG]
    Posted by The Cybertronic Spree
    Getting Ready to Rock and Roll Out!
    [​IMG]
    That robot rock feeling

Hi Humans!

Since our campaign ended and was successfully funded (thanks again!), we've been working our ro-butts off and here's where we're at:

We are on track to deliver Transformers 1986 the digital album on August 8!

We've just finished battling it out in the mixing booth to achieve the best final mixes. The Autobots, Decepticons, Quintesson and Unicron all agree: IT SOUNDS BADASS! This is in no small part thanks to YOU, human backers! You helped us surpass our original modest budget, so we put those extra funds directly into making the best album we could. We even made sure our human audio engineer was fed and properly clothed in the process.

The next production phase is mastering, where the mix will be calibrated for optimum listening on Earth devices and made safe for human aural enjoyment. We can't wait for you to hear this album!

Everyone who backed this project at the BumbleBee tier and above will have Transformers 1986 emailed to you on August 8th. A download link/code will be sent to your email which will allow you to celebrate the anniversary of Transformers: The Movie in style!

Production of CDs and cassettes will commence shortly, and we'll be shipping them out in August. When we receive the physical albums from the manufacturer, you will receive a survey from us requesting your mailing address information. So be prepared, and please double/triple check the information you provide.We want to make sure all this cool stuff gets to you.

But this isn't just about the album. Some of you are getting some fun extras...

Physical Rewards
    Production of physical rewards is near completion!

Sticker sheets are in! All backers who pledged at the Soundwave tier and above will get one of these bad bots. This is a foil sticker sheet featuring 23 individual stickers, suitable for plastering on all manner of things. Or, you can keep it as-is. This sheet has a slight metallic finish. \m/

[​IMG]
    Humans who pledged at the Arcee level and above, you'll be receiving this iron-on rock n' roll patch to cool-up your wearables:

[​IMG]
    For those receiving a poster at the Unicron tier and above, we have been privy to its progress and it looks RAD AF, so make space on your wall. You are in for an awesome surprise!

And of course, we have an update on one of our major stretch goals...

Live Stream Concert - SAVE THE DATE!
    As promised, we're gonna bring you a live, half-hour concert, streamed over the Internet so fans around the world can rock out with us in real time! This live stream concert will be happening on August 17, 2019. We are calculating the optimal time for Humans from around the globe to tune in. Our aim is for people in Europe to get a late night party while folks on the west coast of North America have an afternoon event. Indeed, there is no wrong time to party!

This concert will be put together exclusively for an online audience with multiple cameras, broadcast quality mixed audio and ways for viewers to participate/applaud in chat. To say we're excited about it is a big understatement!

Stay tuned for an update with additional details, and in the meantime, get ready to party like it's 1986!

Thanks again for all the love and support.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tprime

Tprime Well-Known Cybertronian

Just got a code in my email for the digital download of the album they've been working on. FYI for anybody else that backed the Kickstarter-- check your email for your "one-time" download code

7. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    I...I just kinda wanna know who these guys really are. Imagine if they did these big, elaborate (and stunning!) performances and put out an album, but disbanded no one, outside or in, knowing who they are because they were all that committed to the gimmick.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine as well. Was just doing another download. It's nice that they let people get it in multiple formats.

• Like Like x 1
  9. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

Got my email......... havent downloaded yet but I will soon. can't wait.

10. Tprime

Tprime Well-Known Cybertronian

Call me biased.. but it's actually quite good. I thought it would just straight covers but they've added a bit of creativity here and there to where it's not getting to far from the source material but you recognize they added a bit of their own style to it. I definitely notice some pretty sweet extra guitar rift solos here and there

:music 

• Like Like x 1
  11. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah, it’s a solid listen, I have to say.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Uniclonus

Did my download this morning and gave a listen. First impressions, different but solid. Definitely worth it.

13. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

Gave it a listen.......... Im going to be completely honest...... I wasnt feeling the Touch or Dare....... but every other track I prefer over the original sound track... Outstanding job and love the album overall.

14. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My download email went through to spam so glad I noticed this thread!

Still listening through but pretty good so far.

15. Uniclonus

Just got the email asking for shipping address for the physical rewards. Says stuff should be shipping out around the end of the month.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    UPDATE #8
    Space bridge countdown to shipping!!
    [​IMG]
    Posted by The Cybertronic Spree
    August 28, 2019

CD's have arrived!
    [​IMG]
    Behold the pinnacle of recorded Earth media technology!

And they stylish!! We'll be undertaking the monumental task of signing eight hundred or so of these badboys (for backers who pledged at the Hotrod Level or above) before getting them shipped out to all our backers.

For those of you who backed us at the Arcee level+ we also have these energon goodies included in your package:

Casette tapes superior? You be the judge!
    [​IMG]
    Pictured here: One Cybertronic Spree energon goodie. Perfect for snacking.
    Cassette Tapes have been manufactured and will be sent out in the same package alongside the CD, patch and stickers.

UNICRON TIER POSTER REVEAL
    [​IMG]
    Metallic AAAAHHHH?
    Breathtaking right? Tim Doyle's exclusive print is awe-inspiring! These are also ready to be shipped out and positioned proudly on walls of importance everywhere.

When do I get my stuff?
    Time is relative but for those keeping score, we aim to begin shipping operations next week.

REMINDER:
    Make sure you have filled out your Kickstarter survey with your correct mailing address. There are still 137 humans who have not filled out this information. You paid for this, let's make sure you get it!

Til all are shipped \m/

• Like Like x 2