Heavy/Scratch: Cybertronian God Ginrai / Apex PMOP WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by solarstorm, Jan 3, 2013.

1. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

*UPDATED* Cybertronian God Ginrai / Apex PMOP WIP

Like many of the people who checked out C9158183's idea of using Red Alert as an armor/trailer for FoC Prime, I began thinking about ways to make it work.

Since the concept had no leg connection or head, I created a ball-joint connection for the knees and used the head from BWII Lioconvoy to make a basic and functional combination.

I wanted to make a Powermaster Optimus Prime homage, so I modified parts of the DoTM Ark for his dual rifles, drilled a few holes, and took bits from the Energon Aerialbots for the dual barrel shoulder cannons. The minicon of PCC Leadfoot serves as a Powermaster and attaches to Prime's chest in the combined form.

Vehicle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Combined

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With Powermaster

[​IMG]

APEX ARMOR / GODBOMBER

From here' I began to keep building out. I took parts from miscellaneous gundam kits, a DoTM Cyberverse playset, and a Kabaya Stat Saber in order to build the Godbomber trailer. It does not turn into a robot, but the trailer dissassembles to become armor and a gunnery platform. Godbomber as a vehicle, can be piloted by the Powermaster. All parts connect through the use of balljoints and magnets when connecting to the trailer or when connecting to Prime.

Connecting to Prime - the armor provides wings, chest armor, winged forearm armor, and a connection for red alert's gun to become God Ginrai's shoulder cannon.

Godbomber as a vehicle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

God Ginrai / Apex Armor Powermaster Optimus Prime

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When the rest of Godbomber is used as armor
    [​IMG]

Combined base moder - trailer + godbomber
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

This is pretty cool. I like the look of the armor. What's the head from?

3. MonaLazaBeak

MonaLazaBeak <Witty saying goes here>

I like the concept behind this. Keep it up.

I have to ask, are you going to fix the waist? I would like to see someone come up with a decent waist fix for this combo...

4. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

It looks good, except for the head which is way to big for that body, or it might be that im still singling out the the innerbody but either way i think a slightly smaller head may work better

5. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    This is a great start, though I agree with rattimus, the head is just too big. Maybe look at Kre-O Optimus' head?

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    I love it. Just get a smaller head and you have a solid figure

7. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nifty idea, but I still like the concept of this being for FoC Ultra Magnus a bit better.

8. solarstorm

It's a WIP, so I'll be checking out other heads and such, but the current one isn't that large when you pay attention to the width of the shoulders. Like Rattimus mentioned, the smaller FoC figure at the core may be throwing the visual off. I know it looks a lot better in the pics featuring the chest armor. When the shoulder attachments are red and it all meshes together, I think it will look a bit more proportionate.

As of right now - i'm thinking of using Cybertron Optimus Prime's head or that of the Armada Optimus Prime cab. I'm currently using BWII Lioconvoy. I have a spare SDCC Nemesis Prime I can scrap, but I think the head may be too small.

--

Monalazabeak, I am trying to think up a detachable waist piece. The only problem is making it so that the FoC pelvis part can reattach to the cab - to retain the original toy's robot mode.

---

Next Steps / Goals
    - additional attachment points for the combined base / armory mode.
    - experimenting with ideas for the waist / head
    - making a missile for the shoulder cannon
    -minor sanding

Hopefully it will be primed for paint by next week.

9. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    use the head form optimal optimus or what every the name of the orange and blue fig was.

10. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

This is pretty cool, but I'd try using a little bit smaller of a head. Try Voyager Classics. >>>

11. solarstorm

MonaLazaBeak - I Found a waist fix.

The waist will be extended a bit and I'm going to use part of the Classics Voyager Prime as the waist cover/filler (the grill section). That should make the chest/upper body a bit more built. Between that and the width of the shoulders, the head should be ok - though I'm going to move it back and up a little.

I tried the classics voyager head, as suggested, and it was WAY TOO SMALL. It's 1/3 the size of the one I used and would be a pin-head for a figure that is roughly a large Ultra.

12. Imposer

Imposer Well-Known Member

Looks nice, just a few suggestions. Smaller head, as has already been said, bigger arms, and higher shoulders if you could pull those off.

13. solarstorm

UPDATE TIME w/ PICS

I built a waist extension that gives him much better proportions in the combined form. Covering it is part of SDCC Nemesis Prime/the Classics voyager mold. Also, I've begun priming certain parts, so the shoulder units and arms are all black.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last - but not least:

A fun pic. This is PMOP next to Lioconvoy. Following the suggestion of a few in this thread - Op has a Voyager Classics Prime head. It's a good comparison for proportion.

[​IMG]

14. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I'd go back to the head you had. If you look at the overall size of the figure, it was not to big. Now the head that's on there is too small. I can't wait to see this all painted up. I'm sure it will make a difference with the head.

BTW, I like the LIO Prime. I wish I still had mine. Very cool figure.

15. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! don't listen to him. Way better with the small head and extended waist. The big head makes him look like he had a case of the air born Homozygous achondroplasia... Just say'n....

Also, adult human body proportions are generally 10 heads tall while illustrated super hero bodies are 12 heads tall. smaller heads = more imposing physiques. if you wanted to go any bigger thant the small hed, perhaps the energon fatassimus prime?

16. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    How about hollowing out a larger prime head to slip on the smaller?

17. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

that could work, but you'd have to add some serous shoulder pad armor to help balance out the proportions.

18. MonaLazaBeak

MonaLazaBeak <Witty saying goes here>

Looks so much better! Great job! I can't wait to see it completed. Does the waist come off and get stored off somewhere?

19. solarstorm

It is not removable. I made an extension using a ball joint. It adds height and a second piece of waist articulation. The classics prime part is a cover that attaches magnetically. I have another magnetized cover to go over that area in the small robot mode.

As for the custom, it is primed and I am starting to paint a few parts at a time.

20. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great work! Only gripe is that it's not painted. Otherwise it's beautiful in structure.