Cybertronian Enquirer 12/02/2006

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Sweetness:thumb 

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I meant 1986 movie accurate

3. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    my prayers have been answered. yehaw!

4. Blastwave

Blastwave Well-Known Member

You know they're only making Hot Rod and Jetfire because they're used in the current Transformer shows (the former in appearance only). Not that they're entirely bad choices, but I would've liked to see some others.

Finally! A good Grimlock! The Energon one looked like it came from the GoBots line.

For the TBAs, I hope one is a decepticon (any really, but preferably one from the comic like Blitzwing, Runabout/Runamuck), and the other is an easily repaintable autobot (Prowl/Smokescreen/Bluestreak, Ratchet/Ironhide, Sideswipe/Sunstreaker) so we have better chances of seeing more of them. I'm still hoping for Thundercracker and Skywarp to show up.

If it truly is supposed to be reminescent of the current shows, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Scattorshot or "Downshift."

5. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RAT-CHET!
    RAT-CHET!
    RAT-CHET!

He's practically the star of the IDW comic right now. He'd be a great choice.

6. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

I'm very happy with the outcome so far, how could I not be these are all good bots. Sure I could be begging for (Prowl/Smokescreen/Bluestreak, Ratchet/Ironhide, Sideswipe/Sunstreaker, Dirge/Ramjet/Thrust, Constructicons, Shockwave, Trailbreaker/Hoist, Inferno/Grapple) because they are my favs, but the line up is nothing more than I could ask from them.

Here's a massively deluded thought. IF this filler line sells very well. They could concievably consider a second Neo G1 (Part 2) filler line that could come after the movie stuff. Effectively giving us the rest of our wants!

7. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    It's not out of the question that this could end up being a semi-permanent subline. The Star Wars "vintage" figures have been going for a good while now...close to two years I think, and that was basically a similar concept.

8. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    it'll be intersting to see, as well, aesthetic wise how different/similar the Movie and G1 Neo lines end up being...

9. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    For the next release of the 20th Anniversary Prime I would like for him to have better hands, and 1986 movie accurate head. Hey a guy can dream :tongue: 

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    There's two Primes, what a surprise :rolleyes: 

I was really hoping we'd see the five Dinobots as megas, but I knew that was just a pipe dream. It is great to see Jetfire and Astrotrain on that list! I'll make final judgement when i see pics of them though.

11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At this point, so long as they don't try to release "deathbed Prime" or "after his battle with Megatron Prime", I'll be happy. Hopefully he'll be "not battle damaged" Prime.

I missed 20th on the first try hoping he'd get cheaper, and never did. Now he's gone. *sniff*

Also, I REALLY want that trailer... unfortunately, all the preorders are sold out.

Chris

12. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I would love to see a set of all five Dinobots as mega/voyager sized as well.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Guess this "Movie Anniversary Prime" is Hasbro's turn to amortise the mold costs for 20th Prime. At least they waited longer than Takara (and didn't pull a Magnus or Scourge out of their arse)

on "Classics", Sheesh, who do I have to kill to see some out-of-focus pics of unpainted prototypes with the Loch Ness monster in the background? :) 

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Try Tom Cruise. Even if it doesn't help, you'll still be doing a great public service. :p 

15. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

Close the vintage line came out nearly 2 years ago. It hasn't been a running line.... only recently has it been picked up again. Hopefully we wont have to wait 2 more years for them to do the same for the TF classic line. :D 

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Really digging the line up for the classics/neo-G1...

Jetfire - Wasn't too surprised by this one, as having the character will give some familairity with the kids as well as the adult collectors. Hopefully they pull off a decent mix between Jetfire and Skyfire... something like what came out of the DW mix would be nice. I'm hoping that he's more Jetfire than Skyfire though. Jetfire was awesome and Skyfire was a brick.

Optimus Prime - Two Prime's... I'm figuring the deluxe and the voyager will be the same figure... with the exception of the voyager coming with his trailer. If that's the case, I see alot of people not buying the voyager. I know I won't unless it ends up being a different mold. I don't display my Prime trailers unless they're part of one of his supermodes. So, deluxe only for me... unless the voyager does turn out to be a different mold. Perhaps it's a place saver for a Magnus repaint with transforming trailer (yeah, I can dream) or perhaps a PM Prime retool with transforming trailer (again, I can dream). And please, this is a Classics line... no repaints of Scourge/Nemesis Prime dammit!

Bumblebee - Surprised, but not. We knew Hasbro has been trying to get this name back... so it had to be for something. I'm not sure what to expect though, because Volkswagon hasn't back out of their no war toys thing last I looked. So, it's definantly not going to be a Beetle... doesn't matter... I'm more interested in his 'bot mode. As long as it looks like Bumblebee... I'll be happy. Hopefully we'll see a red repaint of whatever Bumblebee ends up being as Cliffjumper.

Grimlock - I expected this one, I was just hoping that he'd end up as a voyager. However, as long as he's a T-Rex, has a kick-o sword... he shall be mine.

Hot Rod - I was actually hoping for one of the twins... Sideswipe or Sunstreaker would have been better choices for this line up. With a listing of figures that seems to be primarily from S1 & S2... a Movie character seems highly out of place. Now, I'm no Hot Rod hater, but... it just seems the slot could have been better served. I figure the only reason this character is in the line up is because it's the G1 version of the kids Hot Shot... they've got to throw the children something that they can recognize even in a collector aimed line... which makes perfect sense marketing wise. Still, an updated version of his actual G1 self (as opposed to the "almost Hot Rod" Hot Shot homages we get) intrigues me. Still a definant buy though.

Megatron - Voyager class... exactly what I was expecting. Well, except for the fact that he's going to tower over Prime now. The hell is up with that and he's going to be a flare gun and not a tank soooo... why the hell is he a voyager if Prime's not going to be? (Well, Prime himself, sure Voyager w/Trailer, but I doubt Prime's going to actually be a voyager.) And please Hasbro, no Galvatron repaints on this one.

Soundwave - I wonder, will he be a cassette player? And if so, which of his minions will we get with him... still an excellent choice.

Astrotrain - I would have figured that this mold would have been a voyager instead of Soundwave. I'm hoping they do a really good execution on this one. He was always one of the better engineered triple changers for his time and bringing him up to date with modern engineering doesn't seem like it can go wrong!

Starscream - I'm loving this guy from what I've heard about him from my Botcon going friends. Deluxe size seems to fit too. I'm just hoping for some Seeker repaints... Thundercracker and Skywarp please!

TBDC - As for the two "to be decided" figures... I'd like to see Blitzwing for the 'cons. And any Autobot that can be repainted easily to get more of our '84/'85 'bots in modern day stylings. Sideswipe w/Sunstreaker repaint would be cool or Ironhide w/Ratchet repaint/retool would also be nice. Prowl/Smokescreen/Bluestreak would be another nice set choice.

Overall, I'm really liking this selection.

17. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    sqeegasm thought: What if Soundwave is actually Deluxe-sized himself, and to fill him out to a Mega price point he comes with ALL of his minions, or at least all the important ones? Whee!

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've considered the possibility, and while I wouldn't hold my breath, I REALLY LIKE the idea of Soundwave coming with his own casette fleet, or at least a Rumble/Frenzy, a (battle) Ravage, and a Laserbeak.

Even if that's not the case, I'd bet SW comes with at least one 'companion' of some kind. Back when I was doing a bunch of speculating on possible toys in "Classics", I thought of the possibility of some deluxes actually being a basic-size Autobot paired with a basic-to-minicon sized Decepticon casette, like 'Bumblebee vs. Ravage' or some such.

I just want some pics so I have some idea of what the hell I'm so excited about. :) 

19. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

That would be awsome. Thus it won't happen. :( 

20. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    shockwave and ironhide/ratchet would be my top choices for the TBD slots

this line will pwn