Cybertronian Bumblebee Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I shared this a few pages back, it's not exact but I tried to match the height of the boxes. They look to be pretty close in height to me
    Screenshot 2021-06-25 101352.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  2. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

Definitely want Glyph and Tap Out. A Bumblebee repaint with SG Goldbug's head and a Cliffjumper repaint, respectively, please?

• Like Like x 5
  3. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm gonna say, I wish they had done SG Goldbug from this mold, him being the only Earth mode in the 5 figure line is a bit odd to me

• Like Like x 5
  4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I like it, it will be worth a pick up for the novel alt mode alone!

5. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    because the idea of CHUG style stuff didn’t exist. We hadn’t hit a retro phase like we have till the mid to late 2000s especially since Bee didn’t didn’t have a resurgence till 2006. He hadn’t had a toy since 1992 and wasn’t relevant again till the 2007 movie. He was thrown down by cheetor and then hotshot to a point where hotshot was gonna be in animated and in an early concept for the first movie. Nobody has been clamoring for a figure like this still probably the game war for Cybertron and the demand for a figure like this wasn’t really wanted till a few years ago with siege. Let’s be realistic

6. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks for the comparison! They do look like they're about the same size.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle PORKCHOP SANDWICHES!

News Credits:
    Yes, but then he’d have a completely different vehicle mode.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rodimus Maximus

Rodimus Maximus Liege Ultimo

Thanks dude! But Target?? Noooooooooooooooooo! (I'm in Canada, which means TRU, which means, pain in the rear!)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, like I said, it's not a perfect comparison, but with this being branded WFC Trilogy on the box, I would absolutely expect the two to be right about the same in height

His vehicle mode already isn't accurate anyway (which for the record, I don't mind). Sure SG Goldbug isn't supposed to be a Beetle, but the sports car the original turned into looks nothing like the new SG Goldbug anyway, so you can't really say the new one is accurate. Would have at least given it consistency with being Cybertronian molds and it wouldn't have been the 5th use of a mold.

• Like Like x 2
  10. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why did it take 3 years to get an actual cybertronian vehicle in a toy line that was supposed to be full of them....

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Yup. Back then I really thought that Hasbro had shoved Bumblebee’s dead body down the hotel garbage shoot and didn’t even bother to cover up the murder. I was surprised when Classics Bee came out and I was even surprised that I missed having the guy around.

I bet you a billion dollars that if it weren’t for Classics and the Classics Bee figure we’d never have gotten Bumblebee in TF ‘07. Hotshot, Cheetor and all the other pretenders can die in a fire. Bb 4 lyfe!

12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey now! You leave Cheetor out of this! He might be yellow, but he's a very different character than a simple Bumblebee pretender :p  Shoot, I'd almost say that more recent versions of Bumblebee (Rid15 etc) are more Cheetor pretenders than they are Bumblebees :p 

• Like Like x 3
  13. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle PORKCHOP SANDWICHES!

News Credits:
    True. I would have preferred something like ER Runamuck or Sunstreaker to better match his vehicle mode silhouette, but I can’t think of that many futuristic vehicle modes from WFC or SS86 that would suit him.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Chris Bot

Chris Bot AutoChrisbot

News Credits:
    Why does he have an Earth mode fake chest that doesn't match the vehicle mode cockpit at all? Lol

Also, why is this only coming out now in a retail and region exclusive subline, instead of being made available way back in SIEGE?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ramberk Magnus

I secretly like Cheetor more then Bee.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, it's a hard fit simply because the Funpub version was so different compared to his main universe version. But with how the line is now you've got a hover car, a tetrajet, a space tank/spaceship combo, Jetfire's space plane mode and a Mitsubishi Starion. Out of the 5 (not counting the Selects SG 2 pack) he's definitely the odd man out, and then just after he's revealed they reveal a Cybertronian Bumblebee mold they could have used instead :banghead:  I just think it would have fit better with the new ones thematically

Because Sunbow

Honestly, same

• Like Like x 4
  17. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    well he woulda been in the movie. That was already in the works but I guarantee him being in the movie helped get the classics figure be made

18. Endertrot

Endertrot Well-Known Member

...Does he look like a Tracks remold to anyone else? 'Cause he sure as hell aint a ER Cliffjumper retool, on CJ and the gang the shoulders were too smol to have 5mm ports in them, instead they had detailing that looked like 5mm ports but weren't functional because if they were they would've cut into the actual joint.

19. Ramberk Magnus

Because Siege came out while Bumblebee movie product was on shelves and Hasbro didn’t want to flood the market with multiple Bee figures. Or even compete with itself. Besides, if you included Bee in Siege, then you had to delete some other deluxe figure with a brand new mold.

During Earthrise we got the Walmart exclusive Bee, so I don’t think Walmart, Target or Hasbro wanted to sell two competing exclusive Bee figures at the same time.

So now it’s getting released. By now fans should know that Hasbro releases figures when they are good and ready to do so and not when they “should.”

20. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Gwar the Mod Butcher

News Credits:
    Did you forget the Tetrajets? Or Shockwave ‍♂️