Cybertron Vector Prime vs Galaxy Force Vector Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Chaos Incarnate, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Well, for starters, the very first thing you'll notice about the Cybertron VP is that it is a lot whiter than the Takara VP. As a result, many of the finer details in VP moldings are lost.

Starting from the top, the head is a darker color, more of a brown as opposed to GF VP's maroon color. Also, there is a gold paint app on the forehead that is missing.

The torso is actually the only part of the Cybertron VP that has a new paint app. Technically two. The torso has an additional gold paint app on it, that was probably added to offset the starkness of the figure. Also added, in the concave surface on the chest, instead of only being painted on the raised areas, there is green paint applied to the entire area.

The back/nosecone area has a missing app on the back of the minicon area. Also, Hasbro has put a small Autobot insignia on the top of the cockpit. The wings are also completely lacking in paint. The transluscent plastic on the Cyberton Vector Prime is a slightly darker shade, and is glossier. Also it is much softer plastic than the Galaxy Force version. The sword is softer too, but more glossier looking then the GF version

The arms are missing a gold paint app on the forearm, and the orb on the shoulder is bare.

The legs are also lacking in paint applications. The gold apps on the sides of the leg are not present on the Cybertron version. Plus the silver highlighting the thigh vents is missing.
    Something that has not been changed is the minicon . The only differences
    are the colors.

This review is to note the differences, as the figures are identical in all other ways. The joints are tight and ratcheted, and the posability is the same.

The sound on Cybertron Vector Prime has improved over the GF version, insteed of an annoying sound when he raises his arm, you get a pretty cool laser sound, and when the force chip is inserted into the chest, you get a pulsating wave effect. Raise the arm with the force chip inserted to hear a cool wave/slash effect

All in all, if you don't feel like spending more than $20 on a Vector Prime, or if you really like the white plastic, then go ahead and get the Cybertron version. But if you are like me, and a fan of the figure itself, I'd say go with the Galaxy Force, version, for the better colors, better paint apps, and better box! (my opinion :wink: )) In all honesty, I think I still may pick one up, since the white does lend itself better to being painted. If I got a US VP, I'd give it a dark grey wash, then drybrush it with some gunmetal.

Armada_MK opinon:

Basically, what it comes down to is: how much are you willing to spend on a VP and your taste in color, of course. Personally, I like the new white color with the darker brown, and the added Autobot symbol is a nice touch, and not to mention the better sound effects than the GF version. If you're not crazy about the import prices, CVP is the way to go, and for 20 bones you can't beat it. :thumb 

Review:
    Written and edited by
    Chaos Incarnate and Armada_MK/Dark MK

[​IMG]

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

That's a good review and analysis on the differences between the 2. Both are very nice figures but I prefer my GF Vector Prime.

3. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks for the comparison! I can't wait for Cybertron Vector Prime.

4. beatnik poe

beatnik poe Veteran

wow for once the japanese version isn't the glaring white one...hmmm...

I may go import on this one

5. Stonewall

Stonewall Member

Thanks for the comparisons. I can not wait for my GF Vector Prime to arrive. After seeing your review, I'm glad I spent the extra money for the GF version.

6. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Wow...talk about a time when Takara completely trounces Hasbro in the colors department! I'm really disappointed at all the paint apps Hasbro omitted!!!!

AWESOME review, just the thing I've been looking forward to. :thumb 

7. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

Great review! :thumbs2:  I was looking forward to seeing this when you mentioned it in the other thread.

I'm going to wait on this guy for a while longer. If the supposed two-pack version ends up either A) not existing (because the two-pack rumor ends up as just a rumor) or B) being the same as retail, I may spring for a GFVP.

Hopefully the price will come down a bit as the figure hits US retail. If not, well, I can go without a VP if I have to.

8. raindance

raindance Experimental

Hey Chaos Incarnate and Armada_MK, tell me more about this "...it is much softer plastic than the Galaxy Force version. The sword is softer too..." When you say softer, do you mean softer as in ElCheapo KO soft? Is the quality of the plastic less? Thanks,
    -rain-

9. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Well, it's softer so that U.S. kids don't kill themselves while they play with their VP. Basically it's just softer, but I don't think it's any more likey to break. Think like soft grade PVC. Bendable, not so much breakble, but prone to warping.

10. Armada_MK

Armada_MK BEAST EM BEAST EM DRAGON!!!

News Credits:
    Quick update;

After 2 days for some reason, The soft parts of my vector prime have harden some what, And no longer goe's limp and only warps when you bend or lean it on something, My best guess is the plastic needed time to settle, And it needed exposure to air, To help it set.

11. Demaar

Demaar Banned

Interesting comparison. Though I doubt it, I wouldn't be surprised if the VP that came with Starscream was much closer to the GF version. I mean, why else would they bother having him released twice?

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice work, Chaos - and thanks for putting that together.

I love my GFVP, but will definitely be getting CVP when I find him.

Frankly, I wish it was the norm that there are very significant differences between domestic and Japanese releases like what we see with VP. More stuff to get! :D 

13. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i really wonder - should i get a GF Vector Prime now, or wait and see what the Toys r' Us VP-Starscream 2 pack looks like?

14. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Great review! I'm REALLY glad I got the GF VP now. The gleaming white on the Cyber VP just makes him look like he just rolled off the assembly line, and is not a battle-hardened TF from the ancient past.

-Shifty

15. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks for the comparison. I'm waiting to buy the Cybertron version of each figure for price reasons, but this review just convinced me to hit Ebay for a GF Vector Prime. I just ordered and he's on the way. :) 

16. Armada_MK

Armada_MK BEAST EM BEAST EM DRAGON!!!

News Credits:
    Glad we could help :thumb 

17. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Great review! I'm on the fence about which one to get, but now I can make a much more informed decision. Thanks. :thumbs2: 

18. toymachine

toymachine Well-Known Member

This was extremely helpful, thanks.

Looks like I lucked out with GF VP, but I still can’t decide whether to go GF or Cybertron on most of the figures.

We need more Cybetron VS Galaxy Force reviews just like this. :thumbs2: 

19. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I hope the VP that is in the supposed two pack coming out this winter is painted like the GF one ..... THEN I'd be pretty darned excited!

Andy

20. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Thanks for the great review. The GF Vector Prime looks way better so if I can afford it that's the one I will grab.