Minor/Repaint: Cybertron Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Guardian_Prime, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Guardian_Prime

Guardian_Prime Autobot Leader

I have put this on ebay. So, if you like it make a bid!

So the idea for this started in a totally different direction. I had wanted to do a DOTM Ultra Magnus using the Leader Sentinel Prime body and the Igear 001 Ultra Magnus upgrade head. I got the Sentinel, but the transaction on the head fell through and I could not find one. I was bummed and started going through a bunch of junker bots at the house. I found a junker RID Ultra Magnus and a Cybertron Optimus that was the bot only. Through some creative head swapping I got the Magnus head on the Prime body, keeping the ball point articulation. Then, I did a paint job on it to give it a G1 armored Magnus look. After I finished painting it, I decided to try doing a "battle damage" look. I liked where it was going and made a bio for it that I really liked doing. Now I have seen repaints of the Optimus body kind of the way I did mine, but I don't think I have ever seen one with the RID Magnus head on it before. If it has been done, I did not mean to copy. I thought I was being original :D  Anyway here it is.

Transformers Cybertron

Ultra Magnus (Battle Ravaged)

Function: Autobot Commander

Bio
    During his exodus to find the four Cyber Planet Keys, Optimus Prime left Cybertron's safeguard in the hands of his "brother in arms" Ultra Magnus. Magnus fought valiantly against the onslaught of Decepticon forces bombarding the planet, but the many battles left him with fewer and fewer soldiers to command, and the effects were beginning to take a toll on his own body. The situation became so dire that the newly appointed Autobot Commander made the decision to journey to Cybertron's core in hopes of receiving wisdom and guidance from the planet's own conscience, and the creator of the transformers race, Primus. When he reached the core he was disheartened to find that Primus conscience was still in a dormant state and would not be fully online until the Cyber Planet Keys opened the Omega Lock. In the shadows, a cloaked figure meticulously watched Magnus' every move trying to decipher exactly why he, an obvious surface dweller, had travelled to Cybertron's core. Once the mysterious figure realized this was the Autobot that Primus had foretold of coming so very long ago, he revealed himself: Alpha Trion, Cybertron's caretaker since Primus created the Original 13. He came to Magnus bearing something more precious than words of wisdom and guidance. Magnus stood back as the ancient Autobot opened a compartment in his chest to reveal the Guardian Matrix, a long forgotten relic that contained part of Primus' own spark and had the ability to revive fallen transformers. It also had an unexpected effect on Magnus himself, temporarily super-charging him into the new protector of Cybertron, Guardian Prime. Although it did not contain the combined wisdom of past Autobot leaders like the Matrix of Leadership, it gave Guardian Prime the strength and courage he needed to lead the remaining Autobots of Cybertron and keep the Decepticon forces at bay long enough for the eventual return of Optimus Prime and the turning of the tide in battle.

Tech Spec: Ultra Magnus
    Strength 9 Rank 9
    Intelligence 8 Courage 8
    Speed 6 Fireblast 7
    Endurance 9 Skill 9

Tech Spec: Guardian Prime
    Strength 10 Rank 10
    Intelligence 10 Courage 10
    Speed 7 Fireblast 8
    Endurance 10 Skill 10

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

Very nice man! I really like the paint job!

3. vrba79

vrba79 Well-Known Member

I need a change of pants. Stat!!!!
    I can't get over this. Cybertron Prime was such a crap mold, but you turned it into something AMAZING!!!

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I find the scuffing and "battle damage" is a bit overdone, though otherwise, this is a great idea! Nicely done on the colour choices! :thumb 

zmog

5. Guardian_Prime

Thanks man I appreciate it.

Yeah the mold is kind of lame unless you have the add on pieces for the super mode. Glad you like the newer version!

I appreciate the critique. This is my first attempt at doing battle damage and I may have gone overboard, but thanks for the comment!

6. OOSnake

OOSnake Well-Known Member

I actually think you nailed the battle damage. He looks really worn down, I would say his face looks rather unscratched though. This is pretty good though, all the same.

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    I love this one

8. OOSnake

So he doesn't transform?

9. metal-lifter

metal-lifter Decepticreep

It looks like he step right out of a comic book. Nice Work!

10. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    Sweet!

11. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I like it! The weathering is so overdone its almost a style all of its own, odd, but I dig it!

12. Guardian_Prime

Yeah I noticed that too after you mentioned it. I am thinking about toning down some of the damage looks though.

Thanks man

He does, I just didn't take any alt mode pics as the alt mode looked pretty lame even with a new paint job.

Thanks for the compliment!

Thanks

Thanks, i am thinking bout toning down the weathering after seeing some of the critiques. like i said in an earlier quote this was my first attempt at battle damage, and putting it on here gave me an idea of ho much it should really have.

13. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    i like it, a lot.

i had started one but never finished it. my plan was to remove the wings from the trailer and add the rid rails to his legs where the cannons are so he's a carrier.
    that was 4 years ago. he's still in pieces just waiting like so many others... :'(

14. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great concept and head choice. I agree with some if the comments on the battle damage, it is a bit distracting, but overall it's really great.

15. Guardian_Prime

Hey get it in gear stprime, lol. I'd love to see that, it would look awesome.

I appreciate it. It was fun to do, as this is the first custom I have really done in about 2 years.

16. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I'm not really good at critiquing as i tend to be very straight forward. but, i'll give it my best shot.

Wayyyy to much paint to look like battle damage.

a touch here and a dab there kinda like how I've seen others apply it looks so much better. (try dry brushing the edges next time see if that helps. I've seen folks do stuff like that, it looks rad.

Some times less is more. crappy mold aside. the head was a neat idea.

Keep practicing with the battle damage. again try maybe studying some real photos of dings and scratches and even some dents. Try talking to some of the more experienced radicons and see if they can give you some cool tips.

For me it's just too busy and a bit on the sloppy side. but I can tell it was tedious, and your not used to doing anything like this. You'll get alot better with practice and research, and ultimately...Trial and Error.

17. OOSnake

I still stand by the battle damage. It may well be over the top, but I think it makes him look powerful and strong, like he's seen thousands of battles and still going strong. Like a guardian or something, anyway, I'll look forward to any other customs you post.

18. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the super mode