Cybertron Skywarp on card...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Mar 12, 2006.

1. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Need the extra earth based alt modes? That's really all we've been getting! Most of the Hasbro exclusives have been earth planet guys (Armorhide, Hardtop, Swindle, Shortround, Cannonball, Skywarp, Sky Shadow, Downshift, Brushguard) not to mention all the other show-characters that have earth alt modes (Landmine, Lugnutz, Thunderblast, Evac, Mudflap, Longrack, Runamuck, Blurr, Buzzsaw, Scattorshot, Crosswise, Jetfire, Red Alert, Wing Saber)

And out of all the earth guys, I think Thundercracker is the last one who needed a repaint.

2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

What can ! say? I like my robots in disguise to have functional disguises. :) 

3. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Still should have been a Voyager-sized LoC Skywarp.....

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    blurr doesn't scream earth to me in the slightest. neither does half the line. I love em all, but I like the whole disguise thing myself, consider it a throw-back.. even a mecha-animal isn't a disguise amonst animals, nor are futuristic or concept modes.

Andy

5. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I might get this guy

6. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Still not digging the purple fighter jet... if it was a proper Skywarp, black with purple in robot mode only, that would be cool, I'd get that.

As for the package change, looks like a throw back to the first Armada packaging during the Unicron Battles, just a sticker on the original packaging. We saw the new style with Cybertron Primus's box at ToyFair, kind of a mix of Energon's name labels and Cybertron's box style. We'll probably see more complete new packaging with the following wave.

7. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think we'll see the Voyager Skywarp AND Thundercracker as show or club exclusives. (Let's face it, they'd be a no-brainer seller.) And they had to paint TC as something. What, you want another Prowl?

As far as Earth keys go, Blurr was a speed planet while Longrack, like the new Hot Shot, Scattorshot and Red Alert, has an Autobot key. I'm sure Repugnus is a beast planet bot (I don't have him yet) and so was the lizard with the coatrack. (his name escapes me at the moment)

Could we get more, yeah. Will we? I hope so. But for now I'm happy we're getting extra figures. :) 

8. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Sweet. I'm buying it. I love Thundercracker, even with his various problems.

9. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Meh, I’ve ended up throwing out all my Cybertron packaging anyway so I could really care less.

Skywarp looks pretty meh as well, but I didn’t like Thundercracker either.

10. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    *sigh*

Why does Skywarp ALWAYS have to be black with purple highlights? Can't Hasbro try something new once every couple of lines? We've already gotten plenty of black with purple highlights Skywarps in recent years.

11. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    NO. Everything must be a rehash of old toys and old ideas. New things are dumb.

*goes off to play with prized crudely-hand-sculpted clay figurines*

12. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

I'm not considering this thing Skywarp anyway, and it's not the G1 character - but that doesn't change the fact that this colour scheme is hideous, and purple is a bad base colour, particularily on a realistic jet, and particularily with those horrid red camo patterns.

Black with purple highlights would have plain looked less damned ugly, though ideally it wouldn't have been either scheme.

Phazer

13. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

If it were a new thing, it wouldn't be a purple jet called Skywarp.

New things aren't just badly executed old things.

Phazer

14. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You can't have it both ways. If there's nothing new about it compared to GeeWun, you have nothing about which to complain.

It must be nice to be the expert on the proper execution of all things Transformers. (Or is it all things, period?)

Believe it or not, there are ways to state your opinions without sounding like you're stating facts and/or speaking for Everyone.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Frankly I'm sick of G1. However, I don't mind "updates" to G1 figures if they're done right. GF Starscream for example, most of the Alternators, or the upcoming Excellion.

I'd like to see things go in a new direction, maybe without the old names or crappy colors. This thing belongs in Universe with that color scheme and with a name other than Skywarp.

16. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Eh, it's all just another case of making a toy to hold a name.

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    it would've been cool to see that mold in cammo, like some airforce jets are, then you could've named it something else, like Dirge for example :p 

Andy

18. MV75

MV75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    New names are an idea too...... If they're going to keep using the name, then I insist they use the colours. Plus the black with purple just looks so damn good.

Also I hear that transparent pink is in...... tell hasbro we don't need no stinkin' red primes anymore. :D 

19. Energon_Skywarp

Energon_Skywarp Well-Known Member

Agreed. But for name purposes alone, I think I am legally obligated to buy this or something...