Cybertron Sideways

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Omegatron, Oct 22, 2005.

1. DVD

DVD Well-Known Member

Picked up Sideways last night along with Blurr and Buzzsaw. Sideways is awesome. His alt. mode rocks, his transformation isn't too simple nor too hard, and his robot mode is down right devilish. Also, ball joints everywhere mean super articulation, but they'll wear down eventually. Oh well, I'll enjoy him while his joints last.

2. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    every time the joints get loose, just add more superglue :rock 

3. brittap

brittap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got'em this week and other then the legs poping off it's a cool toy.

4. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I agree, waist articulation is the one feature that separates the good figures from the great ones. Also I wished his arm cannon/blades were removable. This guy would've kicked so much more butt if he were voyager size also.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    First off, Sideways MORE then makes up for the TERRIBLE pile of crap his namesake got in Armada which is in my top two worst TF molds of all time. But I digress before I start ranting on a craptacular toy that was released three years ago lol.

The vehicle mode looks great, futuristic and fearsome.

The colors on both modes match well, and actually compliment the mysterious, spooky character.

Robot mode...IMO is by far one of the best Transformers we've ever seen. Sculpting, especially the EXTREMELY unique head is incredible.

The articulation is great which is a major plus with me.

Sidways gets an easy A+++++++++ from me. Highly recommended.

6. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Just picked him up and I love him. Passed on Blurr to get him but the Wal-Mart in my area has a few of him left. I feal kinda sorry for the fan that hid him though. I had Blurr in my hand and decided to look up and saw a Longrack and Sideways package shoved back on the top shelf near some near some other stuff. Haha. :lol 

7. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I just got him yesterday. He is a great toy. One of the best deluxes in a long time. Very posable and I love his mele weapons.

8. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    Slightly OT, but clear nail varnish works very well too. Of course, first you have to go into a shop and buy some ladies nail varnish...

9. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Been there, done that. :)  Most of my ball-jointed TFs are now nice and tight.

10. Neo M.J

Neo M.J Active Member

I dont know why, but I dont care about him much :redface2:  .

11. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Thanks to everyone's largely positive reviews I decided to give him a try. I don't regret it at all. I've never really had too big a crush on the super Gundam-ish ultra-anime stylings on many of the Galaxy Force/Cybertron robots, but somehow Sideways/Noisemaze works for me. It still looks very anime, almost Robotech, but the sinister paint job and detailing is really cool. I'm not sure what he has for a face, but I like it (haven't really watched too much of the cartoon yet). The body reminds me of G1 Insecticons for some reason too. But overall, I'm a convert. Just a very slow one. :D 

12. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

Picked him up, and love him. The only problem is that his joints are tight, so his legs fall pop off when I transform him. I'm afraid that this can give him loose legs in the long run. Also afraid the part connecting the chest to the abdoman will break off easily

13. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

i like that his alt mode is a homage to WWI mindwipe's. more! this fig along with screamer... bring on more WWI nods!

14. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

Finally turned up in my country this week.

:rock  is now one of my favourites.

and the light/face piping works so damn well :thumb 

15. DWN013

DWN013 Holy crap in a pita!

I think my sideways has two upper right arms. :mad  His left arm doesn't bend very much at the elbow. Otherwise, he is perfection.

16. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Great toy - the best Cybertron Deluxe so far, and one of the best Deluxes ever, easily ranking with BM JetStorm, Bendy Prime, and Energon Starscream.

Love the wicked plane mode. Sleek, angular, agressive - it's what evil planes should always look like. Love the little bit of vacuumized gold on the cockpit. Would love to see GF Noizemaze in person, see how that chrome matches up.

Transformation is complex, without being frustrating. Final result is a vicious and elegant looking robot, a mechanical nightmare with a glowing grin. Articulation is about as good as you could ask from a deluxe. True, the hips pop a bit too easily, but a little super glue will solve that problem overnight.

17. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Picked him up last night. Dig the vehicle mode and the sleekness to it. The colors look pretty good too. And just the design for the 'bot mode, which does have some of the sleekness carry over, and it still has good colors. The transformation is pretty good at being middle of the road. Also, I just the love the head sculpt and light piping of the guy.

18. Revolution

Revolution Well-Known Member

I know this is late but I just yesterday looked at both GF Noismaze and Cybertron Sideways that i own ...in package...i have not opened them yet...no time (but then how do i have time to log on an check the boards?...hmmmm ( i have to get my priorities straight)

anyways....

Razerwire, i totally agree with you. (sorry for the delay in backing you up):

Comparing both GF and Cybertron Noisemaze/Sidways IN PERSON..reveals:

1) sloppy paint job on sideways (and i hand picked the best one at TRU)...GF well done pain job
    2) flat grey paint on Sideways; Noisemaze = chrome (shinier on wings...front and others not too much shinier than cybertron)
    3)More missing/changed paint apps than i thought on cybertron. I counted 3 or 4:

a) top of flight mode - 2 orange cockpits? windows- same on both. but then GF contiues trimming the orange with bronze and then back to black to the end of the protuberance.
    Cybertron: orange cockpit...then carries the bronze all the way down the protuberance from there...(no bronze trimm..and no black)
    b) Wings: Cybertron - missing silver paint apps on tips (the part of the wing that turns at at 45 degree angle at the end
    c) Legs: Outer part: cybertron missing
    some silver paint apps...upper part of ..i guess the shin thing..and rear of the ankle (inner leg same)

Concerning the leg paint apps..i saw the differences by comparing the picks on the back of both packages.
    There maybe more differences but i did not see any from the pics...prehaps if i #$% open them already!! i may see more.

GF and Cybertron versions are almost the same..but they are not, based on close inspection. They may or may not be minor to a consumer ....it depends on your level of tolerance and standards in collecting
    You have to decide if these paint application differences is worth added cost of the GF version.

I wish i could post pics...but I don't have a camera avalible (but at the same time..i have money to purchase transformers.....hmmm...i have to get my priorities straight...heck..they are straight! darn right!) :rock 

I just found this here..
    Chaos Muffin is amazing!
    He has the differences posted in this thread:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=80716&page=7&pp=15

:thumb 

19. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Picked up, think was last week before Black Friday. Really liked the guy. Dunno what apps hasbro cheaped out on but still an all around great toy in my book. Now just await Soundwave to hit to complete that group.

20. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

I'd get him if I could find him.