Cybertron Shockwave and Tankor

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Andersonh1, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    The mini-con recolors. Pictures should be easy enough to find. They were $4.76 at Wal-Mart. A bit much for two minicons perhaps, especially considering that they're repaints and that I got the Energon mini-con six packs for not much more. But they're nicely detailed repaints.

In the end, I bought them mainly because one was named 'Shockwave' (great to have that name back) and he's my favorite of the three Air Military minicons. Nice bio for both, though it's clear they bear no resemblance to their namesakes. Tankor's missles are bent thanks to the rubber band wrapped around them. :banghead: 

I like the new colors. Versus packs are always nice as well. Shockwave is gunmetal blue and charcoal with some tiny red details. Tankor is orange and grey with grey camo and dark grey treads. I'd say Shockwave's deco is as good as Terradive's, but Tankor's is much improved over both Land Military and Night attack teams.

A good little set.

2. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Some pictures:

front of package:
    [​IMG]

robots:
    [​IMG]

very blurry pic of TINY faction symbols. Shockwave's is silver, Tankor's is the standard red on white. Sorry for the poor quality. My camera won't zoom very well at that size.
    [​IMG]

A few thoughts now that I've opened the pack. Tankor seems about the same as Wreckage, as far as plastic quality and joints go, perhaps a little stiffer. The missles are bent. Shockwave is stiffer than Terradive and holds together a little better. I could never keep from detaching the prongs on his back when transforming Terradive, but managed it with Shockwave.

I like 'em. I may get the other sets now as well.

3. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, that is a lot of detail actually. Far more than I expected to see in these 2 packs. Actually, it looks like there is perhaps more detail in those than in some of the larger figures even. I might have to reconsider getting those now....