Cybertron Scrapmetal

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by REDLINE, Feb 16, 2006.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I picked up this guy in a nice haul, all 6 of the new body TFs from Cybertron! I reallllly love this little guy. I had thought his transformation would've been extremely simple from his altmode, but its actually quite nice. Not complicated by any means, but for a basic its really quite involving! I love his gimmick as well, the crane/shoulder cannon is hiding his sword... pop in the key, it flips out, then just pop the sword free and stick in his hands. He also has great articulation, the only thing he's really missing is a waist. Now that I own him, my lust for a blue one is even WORSE! :(  damnit Hasbro! and Damn YOU Takara for not spitting more of them out! I absolutely MUST own one... and for those of you without any at all, definitely buy him!! I give him an A for a basic :thumb 

-Andy

2. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Mine came with a defective hip (both halves are the same), which pisses me off because this is the third haul in a row that I've gotten defective TFs (the others being Galvatron and CDHS). If not for this feature, I'd have to say this is one of the best basics I've ever held. I'm so sorry that the GF versions are so hard to come by now.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I had to search the ends of the earth for my blue Rumble...:( 

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One of those neat little "unusual but kewl" toys.

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like that you can keep the part covering the hands and have two choices: A ground-pounding Piston (also can be a cannon), or the foot that can double as a spike/drill.

I second this.. Alt mode is weird, but robot mode kicks ass... A+ from me.

6. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude you know what i want :ev: 
    And damm you Andy and your stock availability :mad: 

Congrats dude!

7. REDLINE

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

-Andy

8. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Is it just me or has every Scrapmetal picture online been more orange than red???

9. REDLINE

News Credits:
    dude, it ISN'T red at all! :(  well, the clear parts are red (sword, cockpit/chest) and there's a REALLY dark (blood) red paint ap on the side of the legs and the rear feet, but everything else is a really dark red-orange color, its certainly different from the transparent red plastic! which means there's 5 available rumbles out there now, this one, the three GF ones, and the GF Coby one. damnit! Now I need a blue one AND a red one from GF :cry 

-Andy

10. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks dude, and Nice :thumb 

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Fortunately I was able to get all three Rambles not long ago from a friend. It's a fun toy with a unique alt mode. Robot mode is very articulated but could use some wrist articulation like Scourge. Still they're my favorite basics. And I don't mean to rub it in RL but I think my favorite is the blue one.

12. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Loving Scrapmetal. I love walking tank/artillery and Scrapmetal is damn amazing.

I'm very tempted to get a second and get the original Scattorshot to bash a mini E-Scorponok. It'll be pretty basic - just taking the treads from Scattor and placing them on the back half of the arm past where it folds to make a fist. It would easily be able to do all 3 modes as well as keeping the walking artillery mode.

set up pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I love my Scrapmetal. He's hunched on the back of the couch in alt mode as we... type?

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Finally got Scrapmetal today!

When I saw pics on the net and even in the package I thought it looked cool, but the alt mode was a typical case of 'lay robot down, spread out legs and hide head'. I'm glad I was wrong! The transformation is only a little more involved then that but still quirky enough to make it interesting.

The only complaints I have are the big gun/ "scorpion" tail gets in the way of the head (easily forgivable), and the lack of wrist rotation, similar to scourge. Piddling complaints really since the articulation really is pretty outstanding. I love the piledrivers too:) 

Easy A

15. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i initially got him to get the jungle planet map as i thought his alt mdoe was dodgy.

so it was a pleasant surprise when i actually found out that i liked the li'l guy. pretty neat transformation and articulation and i like the pile driver gimmick even w/o making the g1 connection. i also like the fact that the shoulder gun part comes to become a sword (i had not known abt this, clever design there). i'd prefer the gun detachable but its something i can live with.

while the alt mode is unusual, i do find it fits with his terrorcon allegiance. theyd look awesome as a swarm.

while not necessary, i did however mod the piledriver attachment to match the packaging pics. just being anal, i guess.

16. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I FINALLY found this little bastard today... He goes GREAT with his blue buddy Rumble!!! I rename thee FRENZY!!!:rock 

17. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

After what seems to be an eternity, I finally nabbed the little bastich also. I like him in his spider tank a lot more than his bot mode. I had no idea this little guy was so much fun to play with. In hindsight I should've picked up a yellow and blue Ramble when they available.

Frigging Hasbro, I want to hug and strangle them at the same time. They love to do repaints so why can't they get a blue and yellow version of this guy?

18. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

Picked him up today, and wow, so much in such a tiny package.

especially when in botmode, will he blast you, cut you, pierce you with his jackhammers or make you fall over like a drunk ass with his pile-drivers?

19. Bahamut Prime

Bahamut Prime Even Kaiba supports 'em!

This question may probably sound strange at first. If Hasbro released all of the Scrapmetals in each colour variant, what would you name each variant? Maybe after G1 characters... Rumble/red, Frenzy/blue, but the yellow... I dunno. Just came into mind since in robot mode, according to one review, it seems that the fists can be converted to piledriver-like weapons as a sort of G1 homage, seen on REDLINE's image of it and Bruticus Maximus.

20. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I'd love to have one of each color. The red one would be Rumble, The blue one Frenzy, and I'd kitbash the yellow one into an updated G1 Landmine.