Cybertron LeoBreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Luffy, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Be warned: I have the Galaxy Force version, and the pegs he uses to plug his claws into his feet aren't exactly placed securely. It almost looks like they glued it in as an afterthought. Naturally, they break real easily, especially if you plug it in to deep. I managed to get a new one (double armed Prime looks sasweet!) which is a small miracle by itself, but it's still a nasty design flaw.

2. Baby Bumblebee

Baby Bumblebee Well-Known Member

still cant wait to get this figure in my collection

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I swear these stupic arms you have to pull apart are the HARDEST to pull out of any TF that I ever had to pull something out of! :banghead:  He does bring Prime to a new level of Bad-Assery though. Good luck 5-year olds...you're gonna need it!

4. Late Ironhide

Late Ironhide The Fallen Hero

I think it would of been better if Hasbro had call Leobreaker Steeljaw. I like that name better then Leobreaker but I do want to get him.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    SteelCLAW (or even Razorclaw) might've made more sense.

Leobreaker has all the earmarks of a refugee Zoids trademark.

6. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Got Leobreaker last week and he's my favorite in the line so far. Awesome beast mode. A+++++ all the way.

7. Tannerbot2000

Tannerbot2000 Well-Known Member

The guy lokks pretty nice in lion mode, majestic as all get out, decently proportioned even, but, robot mode is kinda pathetic. He has barely usable legs, and while his arms are good for a few poses, his head cannot move beyond 5 degrees to either side, so a lot of his posing is taken away becuase there is no real way of showing his intrest in what his arms are doing. Havent tried him as an arm on prime, but having made the arm and looking at it, im not sure i want to.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I'm thinking I may wait for Dark Leobreaker, especially if I go the Sonic route for Prime.

9. tgg7979

tgg7979 I want the matrix

Ebay:
    I find its easier to pull the arms off of him by not pullin them straight out, but out at an angle. I know it sounds like a bigger risk of breakin him, but they come out SO much easier for me that way.

10. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I just saw Leobreaker tonight, and after reading this thread, I've gathered about 2 negative reviews, 4 good reviews, and 2 "meh" reviews... since I'm pretty easy to please, I think I should've picked him up. Maybe tomorrow.

11. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

He's a bit brickish, and the rear legs could stand to have a knee joint, but he's nicely fierce looking in all modes.

Edit: Oh yes, and despite the best efforts of the designers, the front and rear halves of the lion mode come apart too easily.

12. Steeljaw

Steeljaw Owner of TF Rebellion.com

You are my new favorite person! :rock 

13. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Leobreaker is a bit of a letdown. It looks cool in both modes but he's not fun to play with. The arm mode needs some fiddling to make it look almost convincing. I wish the designers were able to incorporate the hand as originally intended.

14. Hot-Shot!!!

Hot-Shot!!! Transform and rise up!

Ebay:
    I desperately wish it had the hand but I'm still gonna get him, just for savage claw mode. I don't care if it sucks but I must have it! XD

15. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think they should have capitalized on the Napoleon Dyanmite craze and stuck with Liger Jack.

-Tony!
    Has some sweet nunchucks in his locker.

16. Hot-Shot!!!

Hot-Shot!!! Transform and rise up!

Ebay:
    same here but I think that's a Zoid name

17. DVD

DVD Well-Known Member

I've had Leobreaker for a while, but I keep forgetting to post here. Anyhow, I think he's alright. Not awesome, but not horrible either. Lion mode is great, but the posing's limited. Ditto with robot mode, only that's not so great. I mean, he looks cool, but a) he can't turn his head side to side and b) eventhough he has articulation in his legs and arms, they're pretty useless when it comes to posing him. His arm/claw mode is alright, but I would have rather seen a deluxe version w/ more articulation and perhaps an attachable hand. Yes, he looks impressive when combined with Prime, but again, there's that poseability factor. Oh well, I still like him, and am glad he's in my collection.

18. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Uh, actually ya already did. 3rd post. :lol 

19. DVD

DVD Well-Known Member

Heh, what do you know, I did. Must be getting older. In hindsight, he hasn't aged that well in the time I've had him. Other figures have come along that have blown him out of the water. Still recommended, just not at the top of the list.

20. Shepp

Shepp Maverick Hunter

Ebay:
    as far as the voyager sized leobreaker, i'm not impressed. his combiner arm mode leaves much to be desired. it just doesnt look like it flows properly. had the forearms attached some other way rather than just looking like they're thrown on, it might have been better. robot mode could have been better. beast mode looks quite good. this is where this sculpt shines as far as i'm concerned.

as far as the micro scale leobreaker goes, i absolutely love that one. its so cool. most robot problems are overlooked because of its scale, and it looks great pitted against micro scale scourge.