Cybertron Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Sonscreen, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

When pics of Galaxy Force/Cybertron Megatron first came out, I thought the mold was pretty cool but the color scheme made him look the Decepticon version of the Joker (from the Batman series).

I held off on getting Cybertron Megatron because I knew the almost obligatory Galvatron repaint would come. I'm very glad I waited. The overall silver and black paintjob plus the red eyes make all three modes really look menacing.

If you already have a Megatron, you probably don't want to fork over another $40. He may or may get clearanced like Energon Galvatron. If you don't have the mold already, I highly recommend getting Galvatron.

The robot mode is the star mode as this is how a Decepticon leader should look. Big, imposing, and evil. He looks ready to :Gouki:  any Autobot that gets in the way. The batmobile mode looks sharp but the sound FX is kind of cheesy. The jet mode looks decent too.

:thumbs2: 

2. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I did the same thing, waiting for Galvy. I keep eyeing him at Wal-Mart. I want him, it's just that $40.00 tag. I'll prolly get it now. thanks for the review, bud! :D 

3. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

I have both Megatron and Galvatron, I like Megatron's color scheme and love Galvatron's color scheme. Galvatron's color scheme reminds me of G1 Megatron, definitely a great homage in my opinion.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    especially if you leave the horns of his head DOWN!

Andy

5. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best repaint ever!

6. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i was dubious as i already had megs and i'm against repaints in principle. however... this guy rules.

i wouldnt be suprised if this figure was designed first, then takara decicded it was too cool so they had to make a lamer one first. the colours are g1 megs, and as stated the head isnt far off with the horns down.

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I don't own this guy, and honestly, don't really plan to unless I see it for around $20 on Clearance (which will probably happen eventually - I still see Energon Primes and Galvatrons every so often)... but I do have Megatron. And I saw Galvatron at the store.

Wow. The Black/Silver color scheme is pretty badass. The red transluscent pieces are great. The purple face looks so much better in person than in pictures.

I have Megatron, so I know the mold, and I'm not ready to fork over another $40. However, I agree with the previous sentiments. If you don't have Megatron, get Galvy. If you have Megs, then I guess it depends on how much you like the colors and/or mold.

8. KYQ

KYQ Well-Known Member

Whole heartedly agree here. I loved Master Megatron, and Master Galvatron's colours blow Megs' out of the water. I'm just feeling a little cheated though as Takara's version cost a fair bit as it's 'limited', yet Hasbro's one is going for significantly cheaper AND is slightly superior too (the yellow is replaced with gold).

The normal Takara 'bonuses' aren't present either. The plain pale blue wash box is pretty boring looking, and there isn't even a tech spec card!! :thumbdown 

Still, I love Master Galvatron tons! Just wish Takara just released him as a regular, and not 'limited' toy.

9. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I got him today. :D  Awesome repaint!

10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I have Master Galvatron too and I don't feel cheated. Probably because I paid the same as retail here in Canada. IMO I like the yellow more because well I like show accurateness. :D  But the gold is nice too.

I agree though that the box is quite lame and the lack of a bio card is dissapointing. But in the end it's the toy that counts.

11. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Master Galvatron is great, Galvatron is Great, everyone should own at least one of these two guys.

12. KYQ

KYQ Well-Known Member

Well that is true, and I shouldn't actually be complaining about price either. As where I come from (Singapore), prices of Takara stuff is about the same as the Hasbro stuff. But it doesn't really help that there isn't much of a reason at all to recommend GF Master Galv over Cyb Galv. He still IS an awesome toy regardless, and you're right, it's the toy that counts in the end.

BTW, I think the Hasbro version is more show accurate as it looks more gold in the show, and if I'm not wrong, the red parts are a little darker too for the Hasbro version. If memory serves me right of course.

13. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I don't know, when I was watching him the shoulder circles were definitely that bright yellow but the section on the middle wasn't as bright but it wasn't exactly gold either. That's how I saw it anyways.

Edit: Just watched GF 41 again. The yellow on the shoulders is definitely a bright yellow and the yellow in the center is darker and more goldish.

14. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Just grabbed my C-Galvatron today, and hot damn he is *incredible.* Stupendous level of articulation, and the color scheme...incredible.

I wish the backpack didn't get in the way so much, though, which would allow waist and further leg articulation. That's my ONLY complaint.

15. Hot-Shot!!!

Hot-Shot!!! Transform and rise up!

Ebay:
    I SO can't wait to get one of these :D 

16. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Good repaint. Galvie has replaced Megs on the shelf.

17. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't really like the red on the forearms, but otherwise he looks cool. To those who held off on Megatron for Galvatron due to the price, it sounds like you guys missed some of the TRU TF sales, there were a couple times when you could have snagged Ops and Megs for a good bit less than 40 bucks around fall/early winter last year.

18. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Price, nothing. I held off on Megs for Galvy because the colors on Megs look like puke. Galvy still hasn't hit the stores near me though... :cry 

19. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Finally found him today and was overjoyed. Megs is one of my favorite molds in some time, especially for a figure that size, and to have him in these colors is just shiny.

Then I got home, opened him up, cut through and untangled all the damn wires, put on all the accessories and THEN I notice one of the rubber tabs was broken, split on the hinge. Of course, the store I got him at is a TRU over an hour away, and Lord knows when the nearby TRU will get him in stock...

20. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I would have loved to see the high-gloss silver used here on Galvatron on the Supreme Starscream. I picked this up on Friday and this figure is gorgeous.