Cybertron Evac

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by DVD, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Namekjohn

Namekjohn Namekimus Prime

News Credits:
    I love the little dude, and you know what a red and white blades repaint would be great for this guy I would gladly pick him up again

2. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

I jsut got mine, and he is my favorite Cybertron/GF fig, next to the Primes. Sweet in all modes. I get a cool Ultra Magnus feel from him, I'd really like to see that repaint.

3. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy SeƱor Member TFW2005 Supporter

Picked him up the other day and i love him. I was waiting to get him and i'm not let down at all... well the cable for the hook could be longer, but he looks great in both modes.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I get the impression Mudflap and Evac have the same designer (or team), as they seem to share a lot in common.

Both electronics-free
    Both have some exposed robot jointing in altmode
    both have cumbersome "implements" from the altmode mounted on both forearms.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And both are freakin' awesome beyond reason.

And we might as well add Soundwave to the group, as well.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Evac is indeed great. The mold and the colors work realy well. The only critisism I have is that I don't care for the lower part of his face...the moth looks like its started to melt off...a faceplate would have been cool, but then I'd probably say it looks too much like Optimus :lol 

I was really worried about pulling down the tail section but I didn;t have any problem with it...It was really tight but I just made sure to apply even pressure all along it and it folded down easily :thumb 

Evac gets an easy A-

Definitely the best Voyager released thus far.

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Got mine, love him to death. I can't quit fiddling with him. He's now one of my favorite TFs along with Sideways, and I got them on the same day. Only two figs on that haul, but still one of the best!

8. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love Evac, I just need to find one that isn't broken, right out of the box, like the one I have now is. :banghead: 

9. starkaz75

starkaz75 Well-Known Member

My biggest worry about breakage with Evac is the part where his legs pivot up to connect to his waist. Mine is rather tight and has a little bit of white stressing already. At least, however, the waist isn't floppy like Energon Shockblast.

10. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I'm a little disappointed with Evac. He is fairly cool, and I think the color scheme fits his alt mode and I love aircraft based Tfs. It's just the hook and rotor engine attached to his arms that block movement. I'm not to fond on his head either.

Mine seems to be perfect as far as quality wise, nothing to tight ot to loose, nothing causeing problems or stressing.

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm really thinking about removing the hook and attaching a minigun there instead. I saw it in the kitbash section and it looks awesome. Then, he would have a huge gun and a rotating propeller shield, and those seem like good arm attachements to me.

12. starkaz75

It would have been nice if they'd have made his rotor turn into a sword as with the original Springer. If you look at the transformers.com web page and put in Evac's cyber key code, the concept drawings do show his rotor turning into a sword.

13. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Still wouldn't help much with the big assed engine part stuck to his arm. The whole thing is, with his tail wing parts in the down position, his arms don't really set at his sides in a natural way. I like the hook on his arm, I imagine him using it something like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, but it just blocks the natural form his arm would take.
    I also don't like the back half od his alt mode, too many gaps and clips for the transformation make it stand out.

Overall he's really cool. But I think he has been way overhyped.

14. starkaz75

I was thinking that if they'd used the rotor as a sword, they could have turned the "engine" portion of it into some sort of arm mounted rocket launcher, removing the rotor spinning mechanism.

15. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Just picked Evac up the other day at Wal Mart, and it is definitely a good figure. However, I noticed that the paint apps were pretty sloppy on all three that I looked at. The one I got was the best of the three but still had some issues (I had to chip off some white paint that had dripped onto the knee guards). Definitely a cool figure, but I really hope the paint quality gets boosted sometime in the near future.

16. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Picked him up yesterday with Red Alert and Sideways. I'm getting a little tired of saying this, because its true of all three: One of the best toys in the line. (note that I haven't had any breakage, and the paint apps on mine are fairly solid, so I can't penalize the toy on those grounds).

Given the success of Bulkhead, there was a very good chance that Evac wouldn't measure up and thus be harshly criticized. Praise to HasTak, he doesn't disappoint in the least.

The coptor mode is solid and other than some visible joints, kibble free. The spinning blades don't work as well as Bulkhead or for that matter Cyclonus, and the winch line is too short, but these are very picky nits.

Robot mode is also very sweet, and well articulated. What I like about the design is that, if you fold down the tail and remove the rotor, you'd be hard pressed to figure out just what his alt mode is.

In the end, while not quite as great as Bulkhead (who had the benefit of a higher price point and the ubercool chickenwalker), Evac is a rediculously fun toy in his own right. Grade: A

17. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I think a black wash would have countered the somewhat overbearing color scheme.

18. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:
    I would love to see a deep blue repaint with red and silver highlights! and grey blades!

19. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still love to pick him up every so often and just play around with him XD

20. Rodr-Onslaught

Rodr-Onslaught Well-Known Member

I can't wait to find Evac!! Love him!! :rock