Cybertron Downshift

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Gears, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    I just got mine tonight. Finally...

As everyone else has said, he's awesome! Mine seems pretty nice, and no problems or defects to speak of. Maybe his legs aren't the tightest, but still a great fig.

What are the defects and problems others are having? Sorry, I haven't read all the posts here.

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My Downsift is in great shape overall, but not free of QC defects. (just not any unacceptable ones) The paint's kinda sloppy on one of the guns, and there's a screw missing. It would normally hold on the taillight piece, so I didn't even notice it was missing until a taillight came loose. Ended up gluing that piece in place, but I was amazed the taillights were separate parts held on by screws, for no apparent reason except that it probably looks better than if they were just molded details on the larger leg sections.

3. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

The only thing I had wrong was that the orange headlights are completley missing and the two screws under the bumper which run through a peg to connect the upper and lower halves of the car are loose. Which most likley led to the headlights falling off some where.

It's not so much a defect, and I could be completley wrong, but I just don't see why they would add detailing to the inner arm where it's only seen when you open the door to transform him.

Edit:
    [​IMG]

4. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

This guy definitely has the funkiest car mode yet! He also has a solid bot mode with a decent amount of articulation (now waist movement though). Still not bad for $10+ if you can find him.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
  6. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy SeƱor Member TFW2005 Supporter

pick him up today. He's one of my fav's so far in the cybertron series

7. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I love Downshift. I him more than any Alternator. Yes, he has problems...

He has no biceps swivel. His head doesn't turn. The deco of the side of the car is a confused mess. His key gimmick is useless. He needs chrome. He's got the wrong name.

But the design and style of this guy is so good he could have a laundary list of problems and still be killer. He could be a G1-level brick and I wouldn't care. A classic car design. From the 70's no less. YES YES YES! And it turns into a great looking 'bot. Perfect tacky 70's color, perfect vinyl roof, perfect grill styling, perfect hood-as-chest transformation, cool little bit of auto-transforming in there with the head spring...

Guns are useless and don't fit in. Whatever the kiddies need to stay happy tho'. Just toss em' into the drawer with the 10,000 plantet keys and energon sparks you never ever take out and forgetabout 'em.

A+ even with the many flaws. It's that good.

I'd kill to have Prowl as a Blues-Mobile type car. :D 

8. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Pure love. I'm not ashamed to say it either.

I love my Wheeljack... erm... Downshift.

9. TreKain

TreKain All Will Be Well TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ok...mine seems to have a different defect...The "grille claw" gimmick wont stay in when in robot mode, as soon as I swing the roof down in back it pops out and wont stay back in, until the roof is back in alt mode position....

Help?

10. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I have no idea, but if it were mine, and I didn't want to just exchange it for a new one, take the four screws underneath the hood out, and open him to have a look.. it could be the spring isn't set right.

If you're wondering what I'm talking about, I have a "head mod" thread in the Kitbhashers forum here with pictures of him being opened up so you can see how its suposed to look. Its currently on the first page of the forum :thumb 

Andy

11. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Just picked this guy up... he's definately pretty sweet. The colors are great (though an odd choice considering the obvious homage), transformation is fun and not too complex, but not overly simple either (more complex than Hot Shot, less complex than Sideways). It's all been said, I'm sure. I love the texture on the roof.

Loses a few points for needing a modification in order to turn his head side to side.

A-. Very very good. Worth buying.

12. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Picked this guy up a wile ago. In my opinion he is one of the definite must haves in the Cyberteron line. Great deluxe figure, great homage to Wheeljack, lots of firepower, and just a solid toy all around. Lacks a tad in the articulation department but its really not that bad, I think once I do Redline's head fix that will solve a lot of issues with him.

But ya highly recommended.

13. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Okay, bought it. Extra points for the car interior stuff that they worked in, even though it's hard to see. Nice transformation, much easier to pull off than, say, Crosswise.

14. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I bought him, I had to, his alt mode reminds me of one of my favorite cars of all time, the Dodge Challenger:

[​IMG]

His robot mode is solid, he is damn near like a mini Alternator!

15. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I just got him and he is a great toy. My only gripe is that he can rotate his head 360 or else he would be one of the best deluxes.... ever.

16. butz

butz slippery when wet

I liked him enough that I bought 2; one for display, the other to play with. Neither had any defects... maybe its just me, but I don't think the lack of head articulation is that big of a deal- especially not when you consider what an otherwise amazing figure he is. I hope he sets the standard for the upcoming classics line.

17. REDLINE

News Credits:
  18. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I might buy a second one to try it cuz Im not too good at kitbashing.

19. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Personally, one of the BEST deluxes to date (except for the head rotating issue, I can overlook that-clickable ears)!!! :rock 

20. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I just bought Downshift today. This little guy is cool!

- thanks for the pic of the Dodge, Dark Convoy, with the color scheme similar to Downshift. Green and black just screams 70s (and I grew up in the 70s, thank goodness we got past their aesthetic sense!) However, it works well on Downshift. Mmmmm... avacado green and black, with orange windows.

- The car reminds me more of a full size Caddy or Chevy, like some of those big cop cars from CHIPS or something. I'm sure it's a mix of 70s cars, and I have to say that the car mode is mainly what convinced me to pick up the figure. It's pretty unique for a Transformer to have a classic car look rather than a modern sportscar type vehicle. Love the textured top!

- For another 70s reference, did you catch the fact that his guns are "magnum force blasters"? Isn't one of Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry movies called "Magnum Force"? Big oversized handguns are kewl. :ev:  :ev: 

- Fairly simple transformation. Pretty well articulated, apart from the head (as many have noted). Nice key gimmick, and I agree with others that the closeable slot is a nice touch.

- I like the Wheeljack homage too. Very nice. I never got Energon Downshift, which was a closer homage, but I like the fact that we have some character carry-overs other than the main guys like Optimus, Jetfire, HOt Shot etc.

Final verdict - I'd give it an A-. The lack of head turning doesn't bother me too much. This guy is great!