Cybertron Con China 2016

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Still could use them.

2. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    I don't get the complaint about that Trip changer Optimus, it looks like Optimus, the truck looks like truck, and the plane looks like (cool) plane for me. While I don't buy OP again (borrrred, I want Skullcruncher :(  ), I can see kids interested in it (It's Optimus! And it change! Thrice! Thrice the fun!)

My only problem is the weapon storage, so random, with how the gun was attached (thus, less sleek, why not put on on top of the plane/truck?), and the sword (why not store it underneath a la AoE Leader OP?), which is also my problem against Sentinel Prime (TR) :p 

3. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Want more 5mm ports...go to Home Depot And get a 5mm drill bit...bam.

:lol 

4. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    I don't really like drilling it by myself and I don't have the best hand in the world :p 

5. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Yeah I don't get the complaints either but maybe because I'm enjoying the looks of this guy too much. Oh well at least I get to experience this mold twice, once as Optimus and once as Octane.

Please Hasbro get Octane's name back before his release!

6. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    Move to the NT and you'll see plenty.

7. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Quick thoughts are I was a little disappointed at how quickly he dismissed Peter Cullen's birthday.

But at the same time, watching him direct, I respect his skill at his craft. I just only wish he understood how important Transformers are to an entire generation that grew up on them and exactly all the things about them that made them so popular in the first place.

But as an action film maker, I think he is good at what he does. I just don't think he *gets* Transformers.

I'm still waiting for a complete reboot and we get something more like what Disney gave Star Wars fans.

8. BladeStorm

BladeStorm All Prime, All the time!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I know you guys are all wanting to talk about the toy reveals but I thought I'd share a few things from my time at the event.

Peter Cullen was awesome. He was presented with a birthday cake after his Saturday panel. The crowd sung happy birthday in English and Mandarin and he was very humbled by the whole experience.

I saw both his panels on Saturday and Sunday. I was also there for the live feed with Michael Bay which was really disorganised as Bay's screen was sideways for 1/2 of the time and the feed kept cutting in and out. I saw the Combiner Wars Machmania panel and the RID art design panel where they revealed Starscream's evolution from an initially TFP looking version to his final RID design (based heavily on G1 intentionally) as well as the development of Soundwave from TFP to RID because "he's too intelligent not to be able to escape".

The toy designers were ridiculously popular with people queued up to see them the WHOLE time. The artists were also quite popular. Peter Cullen was insanely popular too. One local fan even told me "I don't even know what Chinese Optimus sounds like - I only like the English voice. Peter is my Optimus". :) 
    There were fans stalking out the lobby of the hotel he was staying in which was kind of funny and he had a LOT of security around him the whole time.

I personally had a GREAT time. There was so many truly passionate fans there and despite the language barrier we all had something in common. I took countless photos and loads of video which I will eventually get around to posting if people are interested.

9. nstanosheck

nstanosheck Combiner Limb

News Credits:
    Thank you for sharing and please do post videos.

10. Raiju

Raiju Oh, thank heaven for 7-11! Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Sounds like a blast! :thumb 

11. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    Can someone please link to wherever the Titan Trypticon stuff is, I'm not seeing it in this thread, or in google when searching.

12. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Thanks for sharing - and please post whatever you can (regarding the photos and videos)!

Couple questions:

1. Was this event free? Or was there some sort of registration?

2. We're there any toy exclusives offered?

and most importantly....

3. Did you slide down the slide on Fort Max?

13. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    This.

Glad to see someone noticing/pointing this out other than me.

I was onto this point when having a discussion with the local TFs collectors in my group.

This upcoming Optimus is gonna be repurposed as Armored Convoy in my collection (Simply because of that plane mode) while that RTS Optimus with Maketoys Battle Tanker add-on kit will be my G2 Optimus Prime/Convoy. :) 

Attached Files:

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    The Trypticon pics are a couple of close ups of the prototype, and there are a few posted in this very thread. Go to THAT post you quoted and head back one page.

15. BladeStorm

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    1. The event was not free. Entry was 100 RMB (around US$15, AU$20) per day although if you were local to China you could pre-book tickets per day for 70 RMB (around US$10.50, AU$14). As a "foreigner" it was VERY difficult for me to pre-book tickets. You could only pick up your pre-booked tickets on the day of the event which was also quite frustrating.
    Peter Cullen tickets cost 600 RMB (around US$90, AU$120) - 1 autograph, 1 photo - VERY STRICT on this. No pre-booking. Tickets had to be brought first in - first served on the Saturday morning so there was a mad crush and rush to get the tickets.
    Artists and toy designers were free but the wait for toy designers could be an hour or so even though they were pumping through the autographs and photos like a production line. We never lined up for the toy designers.
    Artists had things on offer for sale at varying prices but an autograph/photo was free.
    Panels were free and "first in, first seated" policy applied (no VIP seats). When people like Peter were on stage the area around the seats were so full of people that any aisle or area around the seats became packed with standing audience as well.

2. SDCC Fort Max, SDCC 3 Pack, Xaimi Soundwave (at a rediculously cheap 168 RMB (approx US$22, AU$29) - I regret not buying him as he was twice that price at HK ACG today), pin sets, t-shirts, caps, stickers and posters but no event only figure unfortunately.

3. The Fort Max was awesome and I did video a walk around of it. Despite the 'tease' photos prior to the event it was NOT for people to touch or play on so alas we didn't get to slide on it. My daughter was really disappointed. It was pretty much a giant awesome display - nothing more. We were there Saturday and Sunday and at no time was anyone allowed on it and it was well guarded by security.

I did post a limited amount of photos (slow internet because I had to VPN made posting real time challenging) on instagram but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share my link publicly on here...

16. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Instagram:
    Bladestorm, did you hear anything at the show about new masterpiece figures? There is some confusion due to second hand translations. Thanks in advance.

17. BladeStorm

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I didn't hear anything about Masterpiece figures - only Titans Return but I only caught bits of the 2017 figure reveals so I didn't see Trypticon for example. Also there were some panels that were exclusively in Mandarin which I don't understand (especially the Takara Tomy ones) so I didn't watch them. What was fascinating about the Takara panel I did see a few minutes of was the Japanese designers understood the questions asked in Mandarin but replied in Japanese (which was then translated for the audience into Mandarin).

18. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Instagram:
    Thanks for sharing!

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Thank you CybertronCon for delivering the goods.

Definitely getting Sixshot, Kickback and Hot Rod for sure.

20. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Headmaster Optimus Prime...and a crap-tastic looking Sixshot. Hasbro has gone off the rails. Thank Primus I just ordered Terminus Hexatron.