Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DroidsBane, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  2. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
  3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know who would want this. From what I gather decrypting code written by some one else can take as long as doing it from scratch and frankly you'll end up with as many if not more problems, None of the code could be used for any product given all the copyrighted material in it. Maybe who ever has the code can find some bitchy comments from coders about other peoples work but is that worth 1mill?

Maybe modders could use it but at the price they want it's not worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Probably somebody from China or another developing market that has some financial backing and wants to look at a finished AAA engine to get a leg up on writing their own.

Or maybe there is somebody out there that spent a million on it for the LOLZ, stranger things have happened.

5. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

In which case they did pick the worst target available for this. :D 

Not sure I'd call this game anything close to finished. Makes Fallout 76 look polished in comparison.

6. RabidYak

They got Witcher 3 as well, so they got a stable version of the engine and even looking at the current CP2077 version is going to get them way ahead of starting from scratch for the things that are new in it.

I'd expect that it's probably a more solid base to start from then the Frankenstein's monster that Creation Engine probably is at this point.

7. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Who knows, maybe there will be improved KO of the CP2077 version? XD

8. RabidYak

They could make a game where advanced technology is used by the government to closely monitor everybody in the city to make sure they do their bidding.

They could also make one set in the future instead.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    It amazes me that people still defend this game by saying it’s just “unfinished.” It was advertised as the biggest and most detailed open world game of all time(which was always bullshit hype anyways) but the amount of certain details that just aren’t there, it’s not something that can be fixed with patches. It was all just straight up lies. The game was never going to compare to certain titles, and they knew it. It was unfinished to a massive degree, sure, but even if it was delayed another two years it would have never come out the perfect masterpiece seem to think was hiding beneath the surface.

I love this video.

• Like Like x 2
  10. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    It was definitely hyped up but controversial option. I like it more than RDR2. RDR2 is a beautiful game and is definitely the more detailed but the story was predictable and boring. Cyberpunk is way more fun. Yes it might be buggy and less detailed but it’s fun. Rockstar make a great open world but held your hand during every mission because you have to do it their way. Cyberpunk might not have given you as much freedom as promised but it still has more freedom compared to RDR2. Plus CDPR is like 1/4 the size of Rockstar. So of course the Rockstar game will be more pretty and polished.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I'm only going to point it out that if a game is unfinished in the aspects as basic as walk/climb animation cycles that's not really fun when your own gameplay is painful to look at.
    Mayyyybee a modern game should not be outperformed by something as ancient as TES Oblivion? ;>

That's a pretty good summary of the game:

Even after being finished it will be just average. It needs to be remembered that about as average Bethesda games are saved by their modding capabilities. An advantage Cyberpunk will not have.

Plus, the game was announced as an open world crpg but delivered as open world action with crpg elements.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

I hadn't see that one yet. "Immerse yourself". LOL

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    It’s still pretty damn buggy on Series X. A lot of NPCs just suddenly deciding to go hostile in the middle of the street. NCPD takedown jobs just cancelling in the middle of wiping out the enemies. I’ve also been enjoying massive chunks of the map just arbitrarily being marked hostile, like V’s apartment complex?

14. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
  15. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not shocked by the delay but it's just going to hurt more when 1.2 comes out and it's just going to be another disappointment.

I don't think I've really touched it since 1.1.

Maybe if some mods come out that add some fun stuff I'll give it a go. I'll fess up to using a save editor to skip all my crafting skills grinding. I had unlocked lvl20 but I just got fed up crafting and selling guns I'll never use over and over.

16. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  17. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a long ass list. I better make a pot of coffee.

18. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I believe that the patch is something like 25 gigs on steam.

19. RabidYak

Personal highlights -
    • Adjusted dirt quality on Medium and Low settings
    • Fixed an issue where the urinary stream could still be visible after NPC stopped peeing and moved away from the spot.
    • Fixed multiple issues during sex scenes
    Looking forward to playing this in IRL 2077.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the patch solved 1 of my stuck missions. I went back to the Bug Bear mission and the phone call started over and when I arrived the game quickly ticked off a bunch of objectives and let me inject her and throw her in the car.

still have 2 missions stuck tho. One being a Cyber psycho and I really want to finish it before doing the final mission. The other is one of those safe house/crime scene things. I looted the box and the objective didn't trigger so I figure I can just wait till the save editor catches up and the mission triggers have been identified and I'll tick it off manually.

I was actually getting really awful graphics issues after 1.1 that 1.2 didn't solve. Even after validating files I ended up doing a clean install. typically after 20 or so mins or I guess whatever distance I travel the textures would just fail to load and/or flicker. Other games are fine everything was up to date etc. Whatever "optimisations" they did were not mixing well with my 3080. Ended up reinstalling it and so far it's been fine not that I've been playing it long.

• Like Like x 1