CyberFactory CF01 Star Storm (Bumblebee- Starscream)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    You’re right. But @Gryph’s point is all the more valid then. Since the Constructicons are mostly voyagers anyway, and they have two more left. But I hope after he’s done we can get more BB movie figures, such as Blitzwing.

2. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    Minicons...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Vistiges from their Quintesson slave days

• Like Like x 2
  4. Exbein

Exbein Destron General

Once I see more of it, I'll decide on if I'm preordering or not. It looks real good so far though.

5. BB03

BB03 Singularity

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This looks like it'll have interchangeable wings, just as Freedom Leader has interchangeable wheels and smoke stacks

6. Gokai Tahu

Gokai Tahu Emotionally compromised

Is this the first 3p bumblebee movie fig that isn't made to scale with threezero's offerings? Or am I just way behind the curve

7. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Where’d you get that from? The wings look pretty affixed.

8. Exbein

Exbein Destron General

I'd believe it came from the images posted on that sample show different wings from the model renders on page 1.

9. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    That’s not this figure. That’s from one of those Chinese robot statue companies or whoever they are.

10. Exbein

Exbein Destron General

Definitely can understand the confusion, then. It was posted in here as if it was from this figure/company and related to this thread's toy.

11. BB03

BB03 Singularity

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ahh, whoops, haha. Thought they already had some sort of physical representation already

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    They probably would have loved it because it's an incredibly faithful design. I love movie Starscream's design now, but he barely looks like previous versions of the character. Especially by 2007 standards, when there were far fewer design updates.

13. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    I liked both, because both different designs look really good. But that's too much of a challenging position for "true fans". And of course they'd have complained, because it doesn't look like the old toy or whatever ;) 

Anyway, more relevant - this looks very promising. If there's a BB Blitzwing coming out of this (which surely there must be), definitely interested.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Honestly I'd argue there was more variety in designs in 2007. After the movies we had Animated, which was super G1 looking, Prime, an admittedly different and great design, RiD15, which is just G1, and Cyberverse, again just G1. Movie Screamer was no more different than Cybertron personally

15. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

I really like this design.  Too bad Hasbro is too scared to make toys that are radically different from the G1 renditions.

16. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    They have an entire line dedicated to designs very obtusely not G1, and this is one of the most G1 designs in that movie.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sarcasm does not become you. I hated most of the 2007 designs because they were shit. Starscream had a bird face, a really wide body, and stupid looking stubby legs. Most of the Decepticons looked like movie monsters when, in the mythology, they should've been the same race as the Autobots - just cybertronians who happened to choose the Decepticon side rather than the autobot. Optimus and Ironhide had pretty good designs (though I didn't care for the red and blue flames) but all of them had awful looking faces due to the designers' insistence on using a whole mess of moving parts rather than giving them soft faces - sure it made more sense logically but it made them look like a completely unexpressive mess.

I much preferred G1. Yes, because I'm a geewunner but also because they just looked better. They looked like people. Robot people, sure, but people. The Autobots and Decepticons actually looked like they could be members of the same race rather than looking completely different like the bayformers. And they had personalities - they were characters while the bayformers, other than Optimus and Bumblebee, were plot points with no personality at all, especially the Decepticons. The Bayformer Decepticons' motivation seemed to end at "let's just be as scary and kill happy as possible."

So yeah, these more G1 influenced bots and cons from the Bumblebee movie are a breath of fresh air. Not only do they resemble the characters I remember but they also look like their own characters. You're not going to end up with a scene like the fight in the woods in RoTF where you can't even tell which grey Decepticon Optimus is punching. And, if the writers have any brains at all, we'll see each character have at least some sort of personality. Rumble, the dumb thug. Thundercracker, the guy who doesn't care for either side's cause - he just picked the Decepticons because he thinks they'll be the winning side. Arcee the caring motherly type. Brawn the short but tough guy with little man syndrome. Ratchet the party happy doctor. Cliffjumper the... oh wait, they killed him for no reason already. Or they could give them new personalities like how in TFP Arcee is the elite warrior running from a painful past. Wheeljack is the devil-may-care swordsman out for revenge on the Decepticons who killed all his comrades. Just give them fucking personalities! Make me care about them before you kill them and make their deaths mean something.

Sorry, I got a bit of rant stuck in my throat there. My point is that those of us who prefer G1 aren't just after something we remember from childhood. We want something good. Yeah, the cartoons were silly, badly written, and badly drawn, but they had personality (despite being commercials for toys). The Bay movies had no soul at all.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    All’s good.

19. Reygn

Reygn Banned

AKA, give us Transformers Prime in live action, but using updated G1 designs.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hell yeah! Though I'd be fine with them doing that with TFP designs too. So far in my humble-but-not-as-humble-as-it-should-be opinion, Prime is the only worthy successor to G1 among all the continuities they've done.

[Edit] Also, I'm not sure I trust any live action studio to get it right. Too much padding with the human characters to save on FX budget. Just give me more Transformers Prime :D 

• Like Like x 1