CyberFactory CF01 Star Storm (Bumblebee- Starscream)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Easterburn

Easterburn Your friendly neighborhood Digibasher

My bet is this is that expensive because he comes with a stand, 2 weapons, and 2 alternate head. Those 2 led head kinda hike up the price.

2. williammmw

williammmw MuderPrimus

News Credits:
    TC02 alone is cost about 620 Yuan RRP with 2 heads, 1 blaster, 2 blades and without LED. Guess 3P MPM / 3A scales movie figures are priced around that

3. EPiiCxPrime

EPiiCxPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah I think it’s a case of mass shifting. If I’m not mistaken the Cybertron scenes for the Bumblebee Movie were a late addition and went through various changes (it’s why you see Blitzwing in Starscream’s place on Cybertron in the trailer shot) so I wouldn’t be shocked if the seekers Cybertron designs in the movie were just altered remains from Blitzwing’s Earth mode. I’ve noticed that the figures of Starscream also have him quite a bit skinnier compared to his CGI Model. I have his studio series figure and while it’s actually a really nice figure and fun/easy to transform you do notice how much thinner he is the more you look at his CGI model. Still though the new pictures that just released COULD possibly still be prototypes and they may change the final paint job like Zeta did when they altered the final release of their Blitzwing figure after they got feedback from earlier reviewers

• Like Like x 1
  4. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I always have the high ground

Starscream is a fucking mess. It looks like the CGI model colors don't match with the appearance in the movie, and the concept art and the art in the SS box are also inconsistent
    Personally I feel like the cockpit chest should be bigger, or fatter, but idk if it's something just from Blitzwing or from Starscream too. Bcs the Blitzwing figures definitely had a bigger cockpit. Also, the forearms look weird

IMG_20210531_085341.jpg
    ixslpl7x77821.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. EPiiCxPrime

Ebay:
    Yeah like my previous comment just stated I’m fairly certain it’s because Starscream and the other Cybertron seekers are just reskins of Blitzwing so it’s probably them trying as hard as they can to get the figure to work in both vehicle and robot mode while retaining the look and an easy enough transformation

• Like Like x 1
  6. GrimlockPrime19

Really? I always thought the SS totally hit in proportions

Actually every Cybertron bot is a reskin. They made them to fit the body types of Optimus, Bumblebee and Blitzwing, and Shatter in the case of Arcee, bcs that scene was made rushed. This being said, don't expect to see the designs of the Bumblebee movie again, bcs they were rushed and not so well worked. I believe they'll get a bit better and more worked

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. EPiiCxPrime

Ebay:
    Can’t lie though I still nut extremely hard when I look at the figure 860C6E53-82D4-4282-A737-571367122CB4.jpeg And I’m fairly confident they will address the cockpit section. I wouldn’t be surprised if this pictures were done as an update to help calm the nerves of people who were worried about it releasing since the info coming out about it was quite scarce. But even with the slightly inaccurate cockpit paint job I still think it’s an amazing figure. I currently have Blitzwing from BMB and am looking forward to their BB Movie Soundwave as well as Monocrat Megatank (BB Movie Megatron) and then finally Toyworld’s BB Movie Shatter. In other words 63EB3F9F-6CB1-440B-BB1F-C8A2143A49B1.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. EPiiCxPrime

Ebay:
    Oh do shatter and Arcee share the same body type in Bumblebee? I actually never noticed so that’s quite a nice catch if you spotted that! And yeah for the Studio Series it’s pretty much like a 95% accuracy on the proportions and he genuinely still looks great it’s just in his CGI model, like you said he has quite a big chest due to the cockpit section and he’s quite wide whereas his figure is quite a big slimmer in the shoulders. Honestly you barely notice it until you stare at his CGI Model because he’s actually just a great figure in general (one of Studio Series’ best IMO) like if BMB ever did an oversized Studio Series Starscream I will also consider getting that because that would be a GREAT figure with all the updates and changes BMB make

• Like Like x 1
  9. GrimlockPrime19

Tbf I didn't, it was someone else who told me it. The person said their legs were very similar, but honestly I don't know. Shatter is way bulkier than Arcee

I hope they do it. My only issue with SS is the bad painture. But idk, BMB hasn't made many oversized Hasbro figures for a while. Also, I hope they oversize the Cybertronian Bumblebee, that's my fav version of him so far

Unfortunately I guess he'll be scale accurate, so Starscream will be smaller than Blitzwing and Soundwave
    bumblebeeccons.png

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  10. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Showz has it at $168 and TFSource $230. Hard pass for a new company.

11. screamomo

screamomo Member

it bothers me slightly that the tips on the wing edges point downwards in the CyberFactory figure but they point upwards in the movie/CGI render :/

12. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    where's the Thrust version of THIS one?!

13. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Wow this looks awesome! But i think i will wait for the eventual official Masterpiece release.

After the rat race of Prime Wars and WFC, I'm looking forward to taking my time.

14. Easterburn

Yeah, make me wonder how are they going to make the coneheads.
    Maybe additional engineering so that the nose cone can be adjusted on the back of the head? and the wings can be rotated
    [​IMG]

15. thunderingstatic

thunderingstatic Tarantulas Fanatic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Honestly, I don’t mind what the other opinions are on this design. I like it! This is MP scaled, right? I’m hoping to have him next to my UT Dragoon.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I don't think the new movie universe will intentionally stick to the scale that rigidly and will probably make a decision based on what works for the scene. I'm sure Starscream and a Blitzwing (not THE Blitzwing) will/should be the same size.

17. Easterburn

It's more DLX scale because he's more or less the same scale with threezero Blitzwing

18. firmpulse

firmpulse milliradian practitioner

I cannot STAND the unfinished look of the jet's nose design. Nor do I care for all the kibble collected underneath the jet. I'm aware that it's shown to look like that in Bumblebee. That does not make me like it anymore. Tetrajets are supposed to be sleek. This looks like it's been cobbled together with leftover crap.

19. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

at the end of the day i think the "extra" red looks better TBH. there are a lot of things here that are a little "off model" depending on what reference they were using, but i still think everything here looks very good overall. about the only thing i wish was different is the off white colored bits next to his cockpit. that color only exists there and the instep of this foot. I think it just introduces another color that would have looked better in body color. That being said i think on blitzwing those are "landing gears" (not really but sort of) so it makes sense they'd be different color than the body. with a tetrajet though i think it makes little to no sense other than knowing that in the real world thing that the seekers were likely just slightly tweaked 3d models based on blitzwing anyway and the studio didn't spend the money for another complete new model. i do like this looks smaller than both the MA and ZT blitzwing though...those toys are too big. i'm not a fan of the dlx scale (my toyworld freedom leader....i wish he were smaller for instance and he's gonna be a standalone for me). that bein gsaid since seekers are "smaller than blitzwing" in universe this will come out to an ok size for me (ie, its gonna be roughly 10.25 inches tall vs. 11.5 or so). i would like my seekers bigger than say mpm-12 will be as i think that looks right even though prime is always bigger than the seekers in every fiction...i can get down with big menacing seekers...they're jets/space planes afterall which are bigger than say...trucks. haha. overall this thing looks to me...amazingly awesome. bring it. please don't be a pile of junk that just looks pretty. please be a decent toy. also i speculate that cyberfactory and transcraft at least swim in the same circles....the willingness to somewhat add very visible transformation hinges etc to alt mode does remind me of transcraft bee. also the photographer seems to be the same guy. while visible hinges killed that alt vw mode for me, the bumblebee movie tetrajet still looks ok like this...it was never a smoothed over thing like a vw beetle...sure some concept art looks smooth but i imagine thats before they modeled in details that made it into the 3d models. in the movie we never get a good enough look at the alt mode to see how accurate this is anyway.

*edit*
    one last comment - seems this is yet another seeker/jetformer design without a waist swivel. in some poses it almost looks like he has one but its really the posability of the hips plus a very short torso that give the illusion.

also anyone notice the first 2 updated photos...the angle and legs pose reminds you of the mp-3 box art pose?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    The figure looks quite good. That's an attractive facesculpt right there too—better than the SS face. Though, I have to say the robot mode is closer to the CGI model than the alt mode is.

The CGI model they showed in Bumblebee Vision thing wasn't the most up-to-date model. You can see they later removed his visor, added Decepticon emblems on his wings (which this figure seems to be missing), and added additional red paint applications to his crotch area.