Cyber Commander Optimus Prime and Bumblebee available as Amazon "exclusives"

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077YYP739
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077Y6GNX6

These figures are several years old. Bumblebee was originally released in Brazil in 2015 (!), while Optimus Prime is a redeco of the 2015 figure that was first found at retail in Taiwan last year. They are mostly avaiable in some international markets (Latin America, Asia and apparently South Africa?), and unlike the Cyber Battalion figures, at least some of which have made their way to US shores first through the Universal Studios store, and then later via Walgreens, the larger Cyber Commander figures have never seen an official US release until now.

Apparently they're now Amazon exclusives.

Funny... Entertainment Earth is also listing them:
    Transformers Generations Cyber Commander Series Bumblebee Figure - Entertainment Earth
    Transformers Generations Cyber Commander Series Optimus Prime Figure - Entertainment Earth

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got these in from Entertainment Earth. The date stamp on Bumblebee is 81411 and 81501 for Optimus Prime.

So, if I'm reading the date stamps correctly, Bumblebee was made on the 141st day of 2018, and Prime on the 150th day of 2018, right?

MIKE
    engledogg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These have been on Amazon for a week or two now. Is this still news?

• Like Like x 1
  4. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, that is correct

• Like Like x 2
  5. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Kinda want Prime. Does he have knees?

• Like Like x 1
  6. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

These are not news at all. Not just Prime but Bumblebee have been there for weeks. Not just Amazon but entertainment earth too.

We talk about this in several threads.

• Like Like x 1
  7. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

BB is lookin real solemn and grim in that box art

• Like Like x 2
  9. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

I wonder if the paint application is any better for these guys?

They look alright. Maybe not $20 decent, but I’m paying $30 or $40 for 3P Legends so maybe I oughta STFU... :D 

That’s a really good question. Looks unlikely, and at best they may have a knee swivel maybe... or you’d break it finding out it doesn’t! *o*

Seekers flying high
    You know how I feel
    Luna 1 in the sky
    You know how I feel
    Sharkticons driftin' on by
    You know how I feel​

Also, with some reverse image searchin’, I confirmed that you’d donned a Fire Emblem character for ya avatar, since I noticed last night that Studio Khara had been involved with Shadows of Valentia, after doing research on just what Gainax’s spun out talent has been up to.

So, it’s both anime, and not anime! Oh, the liminality! :lol 

TF: Animated, which included work from Studio 4C, and Victory are my favorite shows, so let’s have a little Deathsaurus in here~

89DDE953-5121-44D5-A454-D3780301C65F.jpeg

A pervasive crossover in a relevant media—a mecha and toku cartoon—seems like a good enough reason.

• Like Like x 1
  10. magnusprime2012

magnusprime2012 Well-Known Member

Prime doesn\'t look to bad actually...wonder what articulation he has?...

11. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    No he does not........which aside from guys like Prowl is sort of par for the course with these guys. If it's not need for transformation it's not added.

Legs can only go up and down, no knee articulation. Arms have elbows at least so you can at least make him upper cut people.
    Except his avy is from a Japanese RPG..............sooo yeah.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    does anyone remember how everyone was mad about these toys and hasbro decided not to sell these in the us
    then when prowl and jetfire showed up out of nowhere everyone was mad that hasbro didnt sell them in the us

13. TheSupernova

TheSupernova Out there. Thataway.

News Credits:
    If anyone in Canada is looking for them, Canadian Tire is stocking them in their seasonal toys section.

$30 plus tax feels pretty steep, though.

[​IMG]

14. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

Wow. They both look pretty good. Prime especially, since his chest isn’t a cheat

15. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    You know this just further pushes the fan conception that Sonic is an jerk, because what type of jerk judges somebody solely by their avatar?

What type of person tells another person that their opinion is invalid because they like something they don’t, and have chosen to be ignorant of it, and formed a biased hatred towards something they don’t even understand and refuse to understand.

Thats like not liking a country music song, and refusing to listen to anymore of it and saying all people who like country music are inbred rednecks with a low IQ(which is wholly untrue.) It’s on the same level as that.

EDIT:
    Yep. The G1 cartoon was done by Sunbow, which was a Japanese company, and they were under directions to make it look more like an american cartoon, but it’s still noticable.
    Yeah like movie tie-in Shampoo bottles, seriously.
    Thats a shame, but I still might get him. I like the colors on this version.
    You think that makes a difference? To them it’s all anime, and to them all anime is the same. It’s all shit to them, from Evangelion to Ghibli’s films.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  16. Fallout

Fallout you finally met your nemesis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    it was a joke, bro. sonic didn't actually say that and i don't actually believe that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Primus1998

Primus1998 Professional lunatic

let's agree to disagree and get back on topic, so in my opinion this toys are utter cheap shite

18. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    There are people that use that image and that arguement unironically though. I’ve had people tear into when I state my opinion on something using that as an arguement before. It’s never pretty, and it’s usually five to ten members ganging up on another and trying to put them down as person as much as possible, and they believe their justified in every way. So I’m not hesitant with it anymore.

If you didn’t mean it though, then I’m sorry. But just remember that there are other people out there that do mean it seriously.

Anyways though, Might as well get this Optimus. I have Shockwave and I want Prowl and Megatron,

19. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Thats awesome i never knew thats how the dates work. And i been adult collecting since 1996 when i graduated high school. Righteous broh, thanks for explaining that..

Heres a playlist of short reviews of all of the Cyber Battalion figures sans Commander Bumblebee (who i never wanted). Commander Prime & all the Cyber Battalion figures are here. Please excuse the camera quality for the 1st wave that dates back to 2015 before i bought a Galaxy.

Transformers Cyber Battalion - YouTube

• Like Like x 3
  20. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Doesn't exactly work like that. Anime is by intended audience demographic because of the high amounts of animation duties that were outsourced over long stretches of periods. Many areas animated Transformers. Toei Dagda for example and other companies. (Referring to G1.)

Sunbow was an American company based in New York. And those "directions" you speak of were non-existent. Outsourced animation works from production designs and other material to adhere to. Outsourced animation is still produced and designed and scripted by the main production side normally, and more involved in that, but I really don't feel like doing the entire explanation of the animation industry and what outsourcing animation means other than hiring a company to animate everything between key frames or animatics etc.

Animation is animation though(a medium to tell a story). But more directly, only select areas of Transformers fall under anime. Not all of it as a whole in G1. Same as technically GI Joe Sigma 6 isn't an anime(out sourced animation, never intended for Asian region audiences), and The Last Airbender/Korra aren't, but Oban Star Racers is(co-production aired in both markets intended for both markets simultaneously). The term "anime" is used to denote intended audience originally as an import. The word's origins stem from the concept of using imported material's original language word to denote origin. Same for comics where we use "manga" for imported comics of certain regions, and graphic novel for others.

It's since been butchered to mean more than that because it became the "it" word thanks to the various booms. So there's been a lot of pollution of the words because they are "hip" and "eye-catching" buzzwords for hype. Same as "cartoon" has been mis-used a lot since all it all means is "satirical comic or animation". So many Anime titles fall under that header too because of how wide the genres are between forms of animation.

More accurately, Transformers falls under "animated series" or can be considered a cartoon because of its internal satirical commentary on the nature of various topics ingrained in it (same as original GI Joe ARAH).

But technically, S1-4 of G1 aren't anime. JG1 is. Season 3 is debatable(though not really), TFTM isn't anime either, but Scramble City is. It's an American produced product with animation duties outsourced is all(which is very common for animation in general). Granted based on an imported Japanese toy line and figures renamed. It wasn't imported to Japan until later.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1