Custom_Robots Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 24, 2015.

1. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not siding with anyone, but I also questioned the use of outdated revoltech joints in the past. Anyone who continues to follow the Kaiyodo line knows that there's now double jointed ratchets, wrist swivels for fireball poses, toe articulation, and several other improvements. But as has already been mentioned here, it's about keeping the spirit of consistent aesthetics across this line. I get that so it is what it is.

However, on the flip side, I don't think it would be overly complicated to replace the old single jointed revoltech ratchets for new ones. Shouldn't cost too much to replicate and release a bunch of spare joints with upcoming figures. Even with these new ones, you can see new hand gestures, so there's more than just a fist, pointy finger, okey dokey, and boob grabbing clench.

2. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Custom Robots Products - Toy Dojo

I commend them for their work but I really can't justify $50 for these things - even the official line. I thought they were cool for $20-25 when they first came out. But once they crept up to $45-55 for the movie TFs and other lines (SciFi, Disney, Star Wars, etc), they just aren't worth it for me. Sadly, these guys fall into the same even though they're "competitively" priced. =(

3. iamgnahk

iamgnahk Well-Known Member

I want the two seekers, SW and TT. CGA had them for pre-order I guess, but it's all gone now.

4. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, I remember when they were in the $20-25 price range or less when there was a sale. But I stopped collecting them once the price started to rise and they were doing characters I had no interest in. I think my last one was #075. I don't know if Custom Robots is still a one-man shop, but he could definitely pump out these figures faster if he had some assistance.

5. stprime

stprime THE Prime that the Matrix refused.

News Credits:
    i WILL have that thrust!!!

6. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Well at least the Seekers should be the same size as the original TF Revoltechs! Are Ratchet and Ironhide going to be the new scale or more sized with the original TF Revoltechs?

7. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

All of the CR offerings have been the same size as the original TF revos. I don't see them going to anything "new scale" unless it's a figure that should be substantially larger than the regular characters.

8. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    If I may add to whats being said;

1) There is a difference in quality between the original revoltechs and the CR ones. Revoltechs, tend to be stiffer, and more resistant etc.

2) CR production in terms of resistance quality have improved, and components tend to break less but they still break, i received blue streak last week and had a wind snap on assembly.... nonetheless when I had similar problems with the coneheads I was provided replacements free of charge (from CA).

3) as some1 already said, CR has added and increased a forgotten line, thats good, and if you don't appreciate that, well... good for u can spend your $ on something u like.

9. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    CR did blue streak?

10. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    tracks sorry .. i got so dis enamored after it snapped within the first 30 sec of opening that,...

11. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I thought they upsized the Sunstreaker and Wheeljack figures? It's been a while since I checked, but I know my Sunstreaker was a tad bit taller than my Optimus Prime...

12. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

It's ever-so-slight if you count his big shoulder pylons, but the difference is microscopic. At one point, CR indicated that they had plans for a larger OP and Megs, but I don't know if that ever got beyond the discussion phase.

Regardless, the current CRs use the same size joints as the official TF revos, and none of them approach the 5+" new scale. If they produce the Magnus they've teased, maybe it'll be closer to those bigger figures.

13. johaneggink

johaneggink Netherlands

News Credits:
    I would be in for a bigger Prime and Megs.
    Or a bigger chest part to replace the original so that they are a bit taller and bulkier.

14. lerath666

lerath666 Autocon Vs Deceptibot

Ebay:
    thread necromancy!

Where is the best online shop to pick these up?

15. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think they are out yet.

16. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Well Toydojo has a few, and I think Agesthree&up has at least one as well. I don't think Ironhide is out yet.

17. donxavier

donxavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got Ironhide and Ratchet a couple of weeks ago. Been meaning to post pics but life has been so crazy lately. They both seem like really good figures. Definitely great additions to the line.

18. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Where did you pick them up? We haven't even seen finished sample pics or preorders from any retailers. It's odd that they'd already be secretly released. CR has been so quiet lately, I was beginning to wonder if they'd closed shop. Any new info would be a welcome surprise.

19. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like to know this as well the one site that was the "go to" for these figures seems to be MIA.

I missed Skywarp & Thundercracker if I miss any more I'm dumping the line.

20. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    You can order these on Taobao.com