Non-TF: Custom Transformers Display Shelf

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by originaljk, Aug 27, 2011.

1. originaljk

originaljk Technobot

So this is a display shelf I made for some of my MISP Transformers. I was very easy to make and the parts were off the shelves at Lowes. The shelving unit is a $15 shelving unit about 60" tall, 12" deep and 36" wide. There are lights added underneath each shellf to give the lower levels light. They are a 6 pack of plug in zenon lights bought for about $30 at Lowes. To attach them just use double sided tape cut to fit in the small squares on the underside of each shelf. Each one has an individual plug that plugs into an extension cord which in turn plugs into a strip that is on th back of the unit that plugs into the wall. Small holes were drillled into the support legs to feed the cord down to the floor under the bottom shelf so they are mostly hidden. A small round touch button is adheared on the Bumblebee picture and that is fed down the legs to the plug strip. The lights have 3 settings so you can have them dim or bright.

As for the the pictures on the sides and back, they are an unused DOTM toy display for department stores. There are two Optimus Prime pics attached to the sides and a large Bumblebee one on the back. They pictures are holographic and have sound boxes that feature the G1 transformation sound and Peter Cullen saying "I am Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots." These will not be easy to find unless you were able to get one from a department store after they threw it away. Hope you guys like it and I will answer any build questions anyone has. Thanks guys.

Attached Files:

2. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Cool. I like it.

3. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    me likey! :D 

4. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I love it!
    I was lucky enough to snag both of the 'talking' Prime & Bumblebee endcap pieces from work (Target), which are currently out in the garage with an old cardboard ROTF DVD shipper of Optimus Prime... I have plans to put them on either side of my small display shelf once I've got the room to 'properly' set up my shelving...

I see you've cut and moved the buttons around as well... Was that to make them accessible on the shelves?

All-In-All, great job! I can't wait to do something similar with my set up!

5. originaljk

originaljk Technobot

Another target team member...who knew? Lol! I was lucky to get this from the store still in the original shipping box. It was never used! Yay for me. The Bumblebee endcap would not fit on the unit with the sound box attached. The shelf unit support legs were in the way so I pulled it off and cut the hole in the Bumblebee topper and mounted it there in the corner. I just couldn't throw it away (that sound is too cool). Send me some pics when you get it all done, I'd love to see what you do with yours.