Heavy/Scratch: Custom Titanmasters, Vance and Snark

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Cybertronian, Dec 8, 2017.

?

Should I name my driver "Vance" or "Luke"?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2018.
  1. Vance Duke

12 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Luke Duke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

(I wish there was a prefix for "Heavy Repaint"...)
    Howdy, y'all.
    After some time, I've decided to post completed pics of my custom Titanmasters, "Vance" and "Snark". Both are based on custom Headmaster (Jr)s I commissioned from fellow TFW2005 member Bellyboy a few years back.
    DSC08429-s.jpg
    "Vance" is a stunt car driver and good ol' boy who is the Headmaster for (General) Autobahn Lee. (It is my hope to get Cybertron Downshift/Movie 1 Big Daddy converted into a General Lee inspired Autobot. Titan Masters are a perfect fit for where his head goes, provided I had a compatible neck piece.) "G1" Vance is made using reproductions of Fangry's face, Lug (Hosehead)'s torso and Kreb (Horri-bull)'s legs. Titan Master Vance uses Fangry's face and Loudmouth's body.
    DSC08430-s.jpg DSC08434-s.jpg

"Snark" was initially an idea for the reverse parts for Vance, and meant to be a spare Headmaster (Jr.), similar to the 6 spares made for TF: Headmasters in 1987. (A shame spare HMs weren't made for the West, because as you can see (below), I ended up with a lot of (2nd hand) body-less Headmasters as a kid.) Snark was named by Bellyboy (because I had no clue what to call him). Snark is a Nebulan gamer and sometimes annoying know-it-all. "G1" Snark was made using reproductions of Hosehead's face and Brisko/Wilder (Fangry)'s torso and legs. Titan Master Snark uses Fangry's head, torso and legs, and Skytread's face and arms.
    DSC03838.JPG DSC08441-s.jpg

Let me know what y'all think.
    -- Cybertronian.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. King Glurch

King Glurch Guess that makes it “Queen Glurch” now. Hmm.

YouTube:
    That’s really cool. Nice job.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cybertronian

My only pet peeve with the Titanmasters is that they lose a lot of paint upon transformation. Luckily, I know the paint mix formulas to repaint them.

4. Cybertronian

Thank you, King Glurch.

If you were curious about my weapons choices, I decided to pair them with weapons unique to the connected head. Autobahn Lee was supposed to carry an Energon Crossbow (due to a probation) that secretly converted into a "vintage" laser rifle. (A while back, I planned to have the barrel off of a 1985/"small" Optimus Prime rifle glued to the shaft of an Energon Arcee missile, then have that union reproduced specifically into missiles for Movie 1 Elita-One's launcher/crossbow. Without the extras, the launcher section of Energon Arcee/Movie 1 Elita-One's weapon looks like Optimus's rifle.) As for Snark, he doesn't have a specific partner, though I thought of buying a (surplus) Titans Return Twinferno to repaint as a Decepticon politician. Since Titans Return profiles imply that the Headmasters give their partner(s) unique powers upon joining, I'd say that Snark's power is giving his ally flame-projecting weapons (such as Horri-Bull's flamethrower). If I had to pair Snark with a vehicle/drone, I'd like to give him a gray & black repaint of Repugnus's alien/bug.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Great job! Those little guys have a lot of personality.

• Like Like x 1