Custom nova prime prototype

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DJCHARTERS, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

WOW! $500 huh I guess having posable thumbs makes it worth it.

2. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Given the mold being a full figure, with trailer armor, and a damn fine custom, I'd be willing to pay up to the $250-$300 range if I had the cash. They could even top it with $10-$20 shipping. But I'd prefer some die-cast on their in certain places for strength & novelty, and the rest being colored plastic. Never was willing to pay more for hand-painted so much.

3. Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That looks really cool! I can't wait to see the final product! :drool: 

4. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    LOL 500$ never, we all know that once they milk this cow they'll announce a production run molded in color with touch up paint for sub 250$ to bring in alot more money

5. in.cog.nito

in.cog.nito Till all are none

looks awesome but not worth 500$

6. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    Seriously I will say this is probably what it is worth because the nobody (general public) knows who Nova Prime is and it doesn't worth to be mass produced. Even if someone is kind enough to make another 100 of it at a lower price I still think it won't sell at all because it is just another minor character with a big name.

7. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

more power to everyone who can aford it. i hope none of the radicons have any idea to kitbash these works of art.

8. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

^ This.

Not to knock any of the top notch customizers out there but how many $10-$40 Hasbro figures have gone for $200-$500 just because some guy or gal threw some paint and decals on there. Now, I'll admit that it's quite the craft to paint like the likes of F_R, Sabby, Spurt and others... but this quite different in comparison.

Resin is expensive. Silicon is expensive. PLUS, they're painted and assembled (I presume). $500 is high but not for what is involved. There are a ton of small parts that they have to deal with. Don't get me wrong, I ain't buying one but I can definitely see the $500 garage kit price tag.

9. jnguyen

jnguyen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm on the same boat as you lol. I just sent the payment for it also. I hope I don't go regretting it also.

Look at the bright side. We didn't purchase the original one made that they had listed on ebay for about 800 bucks lol.

Now to play the waiting game for this figure to ship.

I'm a newb collector so I have no idea what resin mold is.

10. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope to finish my Wheeljack upgrade review next week, but honestly, after owning two resin products from this company I do not look forward to the quality of this this. Not that they can't produce good quality, but I have not seen great quality, especially in contrast to the prices they ask. On that note, it seems like much of their stuff is recast of other people's products. The Nova Prime looks good in the pics, but of course even it is not their own design. Then again, I though the wheeljack kit looked good in pictures, but after seeing it in person, it needed a bit more work than the impression given by their blog.

11. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $500 isn't bad considering how much other customs have been selling for and this is in a different league.

Was it just me or does the wording in the announcement suggest this is just the first batch of 10 and there will be further runs? Not that I mind, There seems no end of the Frenzy Rumble Devvy and the great classic Liokaiser nobody seems annoyed when another one is made. I do just wonder if they could have made a larger initial run to bring down the price.

12. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand your point. It does take a lot of work to come up with something like this. $500 for this type of work is acceptable if that is truly all they are going to produce. However, I, and I’m sure many others think that they are yanking chains and just saying they will not produce any more so that some people will be more incline to justify paying $500 for it. But I’m betting this thing will be mass produced later for a much cheaper price (at least half the price I’m guessing). Resin is not cheap but the quality is not on par with injection plastic (along the line of what Fansprojects, Igear, BTS uses). Injection plastic is available if they have the funds to get it done that way. The resin kits they are making now are probably done in house. If they choose to have a manufacturer do say 500 kits or so then might as well pay for injection plastic as it’s only slightly more costly then having the manufacturer do 500 resin casts.

13. SCPrime

News Credits:
    I own some resin kits (including the wheeljack upgrade kit you mentioned) as well and they are definitely not as good as injection plastic (even compared to the cheaper injection plastic like what the KOs use). The best resin plastic I've owned is probably the Roadbuster upgrade kit by Natobot but even that don't compare to injection plastic.

14. SCPrime

News Credits:
    If they are casting these 10 resin kits by themselves then casting more by themselves won't bring the cost down cuz the labor involved in casting the parts is too much to bring the cost down. If they can outsource the casting then they can probably bring the price down. But outsourcing means they would have to place an order of at least a couple hundred. They are probably trying to raise funds by selling these 10 kits so that they can eventually have money to outsource the manufacturing

15. jnguyen

jnguyen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I notice the same thing. I just hope they don't go producing more. The only reason I purchase this was because it looks amazing and it said limited run. I will probably regret it if they do mass produce but I don't want to take the chance of not being able to get my hands on it if they don't

16. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    It looks cool... just not $500.00 cool.

17. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'll get it if his lottery ticket in my wallet works out in my favor.

18. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    This will remain in my dreams.

19. Beastbot X

Beastbot X It's a hobby. Remember to have some perspective.

News Credits:
    This is what I'm hoping. I really really REALLY want this figure to the point that about half of this price would be the upper limit of what I'd pay for it. But quite frankly, it being made of resin makes me want it LESS. Make it plastic and then I'll pay through the butt for it.

I've never actually handled it myself, but I think it's rather fragile. Be super careful with it when you get it.

20. KAGE

KAGE cgibsonREX

News Credits:
    :lol 

But yeah $500.00 :[
    And only 10 being made, won't even dream about getting one cause it will never happen :cry 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.