Minor/Repaint: CUSTOM G2 MEGATRON

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by electronicosmosis, Mar 30, 2023.

1. electronicosmosis

electronicosmosis E L E C T R O N I C O S M O S I S

Quick upload for now -- I'll come back for a more detailed description of what I did.

OK - so. First things first - since this was just another recolor, I had to paint the midsection silver. Then I took apart the codpiece and sprayed that a gunmetal black... now we're doing a better job of matching the original G2 version.

The Toyhax label set was applied. Then, I added the 3D parts. This was another job where one set didn't have everything, so there was the gap fillers for the arms and for the legs, which I sprayed purple. I tried paint matching the shoulder gun set that came with the chest upgrade set, but I found it to be just... too huge. The guns and other accessories that came with it, though? Terrific.

So I went back to Larkin's Lair for his G2 Megatron shoulder cannon kit. Not quite as factory-polished, but far more visually appealing. So I sanded that down just a bit and paint-matched it. However, his cannon barrel just didn't quite have the 'look' of the one that came with the toy. So, similar to what I did with my regular G1-style Earthrise Megatron, I removed the barrel from the 'sword,' to which I added chrome paint. I may go back and reverse-engineer this into what I did with the regular Earthrise Megs, but I inserted a post into the end of the tank barrel and drilled a hole into the sword where it was previously attached. Again, the goal was simply to make partsforming more practical and less lazy.

So I used the original barrel and the 'radar' (whatever that thing is?) from the chest upgrade kit, and the rest was just paint apps and panel lining, some of which I still have yet to finish. I settled on the light purple for the face based on what I perceived to be the best color between the toy and the G2 comic run - it was wildly inconsistent at times. Oh, and I also had to sand/trim down the Decepticon insignia on the chest so I could add a G2 version in it's place.

And here we are! Now I've got some extra parts I need to throw up on eBay... anybody interested?? LOL

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 32
  2. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Beeaauutiful!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    Nice! I still need tht 3dp chest for mine.

• Like Like x 2
  4. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    That is amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  5. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Well it definitely looks the part! Well done

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member