Minor/Repaint: Custom FOC Grimlok (Wip)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Hijacker, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Hijacker

Hijacker Member

Hi all, new to the boards and just started collecting again after a ten year hiatus. Man the figures out these days have really stepped up their game.
    And the 3P ones, just wow!
    So i thought id star out with a custom work in progress im doing right now...

First , started wtih changing the hands to 1/100 scale gundam articulted hands, thos blocky nubs were not doing it for me. Then i picked up a Artex 3P head and while it is nice, i feel it didnt give an aggressive enough look to grimlock. Found an awesome sculpt to replace it on shapeways.

So for now i got A new head sculpt painted primer gray and new hands for the big guy.

Future plans are to make him about a half inch taller, repaint in a nice dark metallic, and get the zenith forge set for him.

What do you think so far and what paint should i use on the head, im thinking a dark metallic as well but darker than the body. Just not gloss black.

Attached Files:

2. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice hands! Looking forward to the repaint. What are you doing with the Artex head?

3. Hijacker

Hijacker Member

Sell it most likely, i have the blue visor to it as well. forget how much it was but id do 15 shipped

4. er4smiths

er4smiths MP Grimlock v2.0

News Credits:
    Are you going to make the legs blockier and give it screen accuracy?

5. Hijacker

Hijacker Member

Not sure what you mean but i am going to use some gunpla feet to increase his height... i want him to tower over my other voyagers. he is grimlock after all.

oh and btw.. the key to bringing out this figures stance is reversing his shoulders. the rear of the shoulders had way more detail for some odd reason. so pop put the arms at the biceps, plug em into their opposite shoulder, and switch the sides.
    It really brings the arms back and sticks the chest out... GRIMLOK STYLE. see pics

6. er4smiths

er4smiths MP Grimlock v2.0

News Credits:
    I just mean the toy has skinny legs compared to the CGI rendering