Minor/Repaint: Custom character: Roadburn

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Rexidus, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Accessing Decepticon Justice Division secure files. Opening THE LIST.

Entry #24,257: Roadburn
    Roadburn is a loyal Decepticon. He is devoutly religious to the Guided faith; the faith that believe in the Guiding Hand. He has had several heated debates with Decatrists; those who believe in the 13 original Primes. Roadburn has holy patterns etched into his chassis as a sign of his faith. Besides his unwavering faith, Roadburn is a skilled assassin. He possesses the ability to become invisible for periods of time. His twin swords are wielded with lethal efficiency and his semi-auto shotgun can eliminate a foe before they fully grasp that they are under attack. Since Roadburn lacks long range weapons, he uses his invisibility to infiltrate and close in on targets.

Traitorous Threat Level: Minor

Logging off Decepticon Justice Division server.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the next of my custom characters from Fall of Cybertron, Roadburn. I put a lot of effort into him and am over all pleased. The only thing pissing me off is the numerous paint scratches and issues he seems to be having. *Grumble grumble*

I am rather pleased how his head turned out. I think I did a good job modifying Sideswipes head and the red face helps differentiate the two I think. I painted his forehead silver in an attempt to make his expression seem angrier. It didn't work all that well. His eyes are yellow if you can't see. That head does a good job of hiding the eyes.

I've also included a pic of his in game self. I wish I could have gotten closer to it, but this mold has an economy of space that is very tight.

Other customs seen in these pics include:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/718868-custom-character-sunder.html
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/662025-breach.html
    (Standing in until his FoC version is done)- http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/554756-burnout-v4.html#post7337677
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/737353-custom-character-nosedive.html

So as always, comments and criticisms are welcome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Nice i love it! its allways nice to see those custom characters make it into the customs...
    instead of the same guys over and over!
    i want to see more of this.

3. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Excellent work!!

Really like what you did with the Sideswipe head, just to offer a suggestion for his head, paint the bridge of his nose silver so it breaks up the red of his face, might make the red look thinner. Really like the purple panel lining. Definitely giving me some ideas for tweaks on mine. Great stuff man! :popcorn  :thumbs2: 

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Thanks man. :)  To me the most fun part of an IP is creating my own characters to live in that world. I agree that it's a bit boring seeing the same characters repainted again and again and again. I would love for more custom characters to be made. In the first post I included links to all the other custom characters I made and appear in the pictures. If you want to see more of my work, check them out. I especially love Sunder, personally.
    The head is one of the things I'm most pleased with on Roadburn. I think I did a rather good job making it not look like Sideswipes. Only when you look for it does it really make itself obvious. I'm fine with the red face though. I don't really think he needs a silver nose personally.

This mold was made for panel lining. It was a bit of a hassle but yeah, those shots in vehicle mode totally make it worth it. It just looks sooo good.

Are you having the rubbing issues on your repaint that I'm having? I couldn't even get the arms to tab into the back for vehicle mode (yeah I should have trimmed them down).

5. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

I love how your character came out!
    his head is awesome!

6. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, in a couple of spots, next mold of this I do a full repaint of, I'm going to do things a little differently. A lot of tension after painting of the pegs where the doors attach and moving them afterwards. The tabs seem to be ok on mine, but it is rather snug when I do go thru transformation.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Thanks man. I like the head as well. :) 

8. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

Looking at this just makes me crave some Decepticon redeco/retools in later FoC waves. Especially Jazz, there's no reason they couldn't fudge a Stunticon out of the mold with a new head.

It's only fair! After all they're making Wreckers out of the Bruticus figures..

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I really like this character and this custom :thumb 

10. seanb47

seanb47 FB: SBee's Custom Creations/ IG @Sbee_75

Ebay:
    Cool!Live and learn on paint rubbing.I have for this mold.

11. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I like your creations. Nice job.

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree. I'd say between FoC Optimus, Jazz, Sidewipe, and MAYBE Swindle, one could make the Stunticons. Granted they wouldn't be a combiner so that might be why they don't; people would expect them to combine since the Combaticons do.
    Thanks guys. It's always nice to hear people like the quirky stuff I do. :) 

13. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

Pretty nice! Though you are a autobot insignia and a pair of white wings away from a FOC Tracks

14. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Cool story and I like the head and colors on this figure. The other customs you have pictured look nice too!

15. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    But... but Roadburn is teal not blue... :( 

:)  I'm glad you like him though.

Thanks Unicron9. Coming from you, that is high praise indeed.

16. Rodimeister0088

Rodimeister0088 Prime

excellent use for sideswipe's head and jazz' body. my only suggestion would be to add a lighter purple in small portions between the dark purple to give the illusion its lighting up :)