Cult of Chucky (2017)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by SHINOBI03, Jan 5, 2017.

1. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Slated for 2017, written and directed by Don Mancini who wrote and directed Seed of Chucky and Curse of Chucky, and produced by David Kirschner once again along with Ogden Gavanski.

Curse of Chucky was an excellent entry in my opinion following the sillier previous movies, but I don't know how this will go knowing how Curse of Chucky ended with the perfect ending for this franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  2. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Uh, I think he's slightly lost his shock appeal over the years, like Freddy Krueger.

But still it will be interesting to see how he manages in 2017.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really?

Wow....he just won't stay dead. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  4. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    The Chucky films are up there with Nightmare on Elm Street as my favorite horror movie franchises. Yeah they get bad but they are enjoyably bad.

I'm probably going to go see this, wonder when it comes out though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. grimlock_king25

grimlock_king25 Hail to the king, baby

Twitter:
    "You can't keep a good guy down."

I can't wait for this. Chucky is my favorite horror franchise. I even like Seed of Chucky.
    I was glad to see Curse of Chucky bring the franchise back to it's horror roots and it's going to be great to see it continue in that direction.

6. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, I actually binge-watched the series on Halloween. This being seventh in the series it's tied with Saw.

7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Curse of Chucky was surprisingly good, but I don't know how to feel about this. I think Curse was more of a fluke.

8. SHINOBI03

Jennifer Tilly Talks Return of Tiffany in 'Cult of Chucky' - Bloody Disgusting!

“Confined to an asylum for the criminally insane for the past four years, Nica Pierce (Fiona Dourif) is erroneously convinced that she, not Chucky, murdered her entire family. But when her psychiatrist introduces a new therapeutic “tool” to facilitate his patients’ group sessions — an all-too-familiar “Good Guy” doll with an innocently smiling face — a string of grisly deaths begins to plague the asylum, and Nica starts to wonder if maybe she isn’t crazy after all. Andy Barclay (Alex Vincent), Chucky’s now-grown-up nemesis from the original Child’s Play, races to Nica’s aid. But to save her he’ll have to get past Tiffany (Oscar-nominee Jennifer Tilly), Chucky’s long-ago bride, who will do anything, no matter how deadly or depraved, to help her beloved devil doll.”

The movie will release on September 5th, 2017 with unrated Blu-Ray, DVD and Digital HD shortly after.

9. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    OMG new Chucky movie!!!! XD

10. SHINOBI03

11. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    While the doll is iconic, I think it would be interesting if Chucky finally possessed something else. Then we wouldn't know for part of the movie what was doing the killings. The main thing you need is the voice. The object he possesses could be something or someone else.

12. SHINOBI03

Good idea in concept, but I don't think it'll work in execution. The Good Guy doll has become Charles' face and as iconic as Jason's hockey mask or Michael Myer's William Shattner mask. If you took that from the film you'll have complaints how the doll was not used in it.

Plus Jason Goes to Hell did a similar idea with Jason possessing other people and it failed miserably.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    No the point is the doll would still be the suspect, but it wouldn't actually be the doll. He'd kill someone, and leave the doll near by or pose it so it would be what everyone would think was doing it, but the twist is he's possessing something or someone else. Then at the end of the movie when they think they have killed him he transfers to something or someone else, and it ends with him still killing. Go back to the horror and Mystery of the first movie. Jason goes to Hell didn't work because it was never in his original concept. Chucky starts by possessing the doll in the very first movie and spends almost every movie trying to possess someone else. He wants to be human again. So in this case it works with the story they established all the way back in the first movie.

14. SHINOBI03

Can Charles possess someone else after transferring his soul to the one he reveals his secret to? We know he practiced voodoo and so far he has shown one trick. Can he transfers his soul at well to anything without the need to die? It would be interesting if he possess multiple characters and kills with each one of them and put the blame on them thus keeping his secret safe.

15. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    The rules based on the first movie are he has to possess the first person who realizes he's not an inanimate object each time he comes back to life while he's inanimate. Not sure about the rules if he's human. In the first 3 movies it was always a kid, though in movie 2 I believe it was the same kid. But having gone through that several times now, he might play it more safe this time and try to have it be a grown up. It also has shown he can transfer other souls himself into inanimate objects as he did with Tiffany. Tiffany's soul was transferred back to a human last movie. So they have already established it can work.

16. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    well Chucky cant really possess other things as his soul is bound to the doll...

17. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    So, basically, Jason Goes To Hell! ;) 

18. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Nah unlike Jason, he would be able to taunt and talk to his victims in Brad Dourif's voice. I never said that he'd keep transferring, just that he'd finally done it right after several movies of trying to and the viewer wouldn't know who he transferred to. I was only thinking one movie ahead. After that when the inevitably kill or injure the new host, he could transfer to something besides the chucky doll at the end of the movie. """Evil teddy bear?""" Then the next movie start will the killings still happening and no one knowing why, and Charles Lee Ray trying to find a host to transfer to again.

Then you could do one about a dying old man trying to use Chucky to transfer his soul to stay alive. But Charles won't do it without certain things done for him.

Or for fun you could have a character who is the child or relative of John from the first movie and have them out to use voodoo to fix the relative's mistake.

19. SHINOBI03

20. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not a fan of this series, but I am impressed that it's ran this long without rebooting.

KUDOS!!