Heavy/Scratch: Crossfire hands (Shapeways)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by fakebusker83, Dec 1, 2012.

1. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Crossfire hands
    Update December 2, 2012

[​IMG]

Alright, let me start off with a little caveat. I have made it a personal rule that I will not take requests
    for add-ons to third party products. There are many reasons for that, but the main one is that I don't have
    the resources to buy all these third party products to reference when working on these models.

That being said, I do have the amazing FansProject Crossfire set, and I've got a request to make hands that
    look more 'hand-like' for it. Since I agree with that notion that Crossfire needs nicer looking hands,
    I went ahead and started work on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These new hands peg onto the forearms in the exact way as the originals, and they have improved articulation to boot.
    Each finger and thumb has 2 joints, and the thumb attaches to the palm with a ball joint.

They hold Crossfire's weapons the same way as the original too, using the same slanted peg system.

[​IMG]

Mine fit pretty securely out of package, but you might need to do some trimming of your own to get the tolerances right.

Note: These hands are designed specifically for Crossfire's gestalt mode, and will not go anywhere else in
    vehicle or individual bot modes. Sure, you can still store them in Vortex's forearm casings like the originals, but they
    lack the finger barrels and the 5mm handle is rendered inoperable.

These hands measure 36 mm from wrist to fingertip, and 24 mm across the knuckles.

[​IMG]

I like what I did on these hands, as I believe they add a lot to Crossfire's combined mode. I hope you guys feel the same!
    Comments and critique are very much appreciated!

[​IMG]

Get these appendages at
    Crossfire hands on Shapeways.

This model has been tested successfully in White Strong Flexible.

- Ariel

Flickr is here.

Fakebusker's Shapeways Store

Attached Files:

2. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Great job Ariel!!! Will be making a big purchase from you very soon.

3. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Will these work with the Superion Crossfire Set?

4. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is an interesting question. I don't have the Superion kit, but I believe the hands for those are 'male', as in they have a peg extending out of it.

The Crossfire set hands are female, though.
    I can make a male variant of these hands if you so wish. Can I assume the peg on the Superion hand is 5mm in diameter?

5. Rodimeister0088

Rodimeister0088 Prime

i find that the left arm tends to slide the feet off when i flex the joint at the elbow. do you think maybe its possible to add some kind of custom piece under the legs to keep them from sliding out when i move the arm?

6. MetalicGrunt

News Credits:
    Yes it is a 5mm peg and it's length is .75 inches. They Extend into slots built into the feet of the limb planes. I included some pics for reference. I would be more than happy to "test" a Superion version out, ;)  but yes I would love an upgraded set of hands.

Attached Files:

7. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    Will these fit FOC bruticus as well? =O

8. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let me think about it but don't get your hopes up...There's only so much I'm willing to do to 'fix' a third party product. Besides, I don't face that issue on the forearms so it seems like maybe it's a sporadic problem as opposed to a widespread one.

You can try adding a bit of superglue on affected areas to tighten it? Will that work?

Thank you for the pictures. Can I ask if you can also give me the total length of the hand (from base of the palm to fingertip) as well as its width across the knuckles? This is to see if the current Crossfire hand size is suitable for Superion.

Nope! They will not...FOC Bruticus needs a lot more work before new add-ons are possible.
    The size seems correct though...

9. MetalicGrunt

News Credits:
    the hands are .50 inches across the knuckles . Hand length from base. Closed Fist- .50 inches, fully extended out for max length -Trigger finger extends to 15/16 inches

I Looked at the measurements from your store and how much bigger the hands would be and I feel like it improves the figure with bigger hands overall, but you can only do what you can do.

10. sunburst

sunburst Miraculous minicon

Vary nice love all the stuff u have made

11. CreepyManHug

CreepyManHug Well-Known Member

I plan on getting these along with the massive hands you sell as well.

I really like the barrel fingers on bruticus. Something awesome about shooting from your fingertips, but they really lacked the look and articulation of your hands. Now If ya could combine the two!!!! :p 

Great job as always.