Creepy stories and encounters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sideswipe3, Mar 31, 2020.

1. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

If this is too similar to a thread that already exists let me know.

Anyway, I like to read creepy things I mostly prefer true stories but if you want you can post a fake short creepy story in this thread. But I am more interested in real creepy encounters with strange people, especially real creepy encounters with animals, demons, or aliens. Since I do believe in demons and aliens also think some cryptids are real. Overall post anything creepy or scary that has happened to you like power outages, driving, or bad weather.

I'll share first this one that happened very recently last week. I was out cashing a spectrum check with my friend. While out some old big fat guy was just staring at us after we cashed the check. My friend wasn't going to drive off just let because she had to call her father-in-law. She doesn't want to talk on the phone while driving. Anyway, While talking to her father-in-law on the phone she noticed the guy staring at us she asked him what he wanted. He said he is waiting for her to get in her car so he knows she won't steal his. Overall the guy was just a racist. But he still gave major creepy vibes just the way he stared looked like some pedo or perv.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Drangleic

Drangleic A funerary dirge for humanity

I was in Washington DC walking this girl back to Catholic University and there was a car slowly creeping behind us. I knew it was there and that we were about to get mugged most likely. I told her to just run back.

Another group of people came down on our street just as we were about to. The car speed up and someone yelled out the window "you lucky man..." and drove off

Maybe it was someone who was at the bar we were at just before and he was specifically targeting us. I had a couple hundred cash on me.

I had a friend who was robbed and shot 3 times in the abdomen like a month before this so that was still hot on my mind.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  3. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Here's something that I still remember from my childhood: After school I'd drop by a grocery store to buy snacks before heading home, and some times I meet this creepy guy who was a high-schooler or a guy in his 20s and he'd approach me and try to start a conversation with me and I never was comfortable around him. Not only he tried to be too close to me but he also had a creepy way of speaking, like a snake which didn't make things better.

Lucky for me he didn't show up that often and I think he saw me at least twice, but to this day I cringe when I remember him.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  5. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

When I worked on USS ENTERPRISE, it was always creepy to walk some of the lower decks at night. Besides the fire ghosts (never saw one, but had a buddy in the air wing who swore you could see ghosts who died in the fire walking around at night), I personally heard the craziest tapping and screaming in the lowest parts of the ship. There are tons of stories of civilian and military workers falling asleep somewhere and getting sealed up in a tank or a void and that you can hear tapping and pleading and screaming to be let out as they slowly starved or suffocated. Or maybe that was just my old boss' way of keeping people from falling asleep.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  6. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy There's no power, greater than X.

I made a nightmare fuel thread, but I associate that more with fiction and the dark side of the internet.

But, this threads existence is fine.

• Like Like x 2
  7. galvatran

galvatran Well-Known Member

You had cash. You "picked up" a girl at a bar.

The guy in the car was her pimp, trailing behind.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Drangleic

Drangleic A funerary dirge for humanity

Any particular reason you feel the need to troll everything I say? Got nothing to add I guess.

9. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

Ooh, I like this idea. It almost reminds of a YouTube channel I came across called Lazy Masquerade that y'all might like. I have some stories that I could tell. Nothing supernatural or anything; just times when I've gotten a creepy feeling. Back during the winter, I would walk back from the gym in the dark with nothing more then my MagLite. On occasion, I got the feeling I was being followed. Never saw anything of course, but that doesn't mean there wasn't anything there.

• Like Like x 4
  10. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Thanks for telling me it's fine I was thinking of the nightmare fuel thread but that one seems to be more about things like disturbing images or messed up facts.
    I like Lazy Masquerade haven't checked out his videos in a while but I do enjoy them.
    I felt like I was being followed one time at school. Turns out I was being followed but the good news the person following me wasn't threatening just strange made me feel better once I found out this guy would sometimes just stalk random students but never did anything to them.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Subdurmal

Subdurmal Well-Known Member

Ghost at 1st house i owned. 2008

I lived in the house for over a year at this point and never experienced anything abnormal minus a couple squirrels got into the attic. One night i was shutting off my recording equipment and going to bed i turned all the lights out (knew the house like the back of my hand by then) i walked into the narrow hall (very old house) to access the stairs up to the bedroom. I started doing that side shuffle you do when someone is coming the other way and you turn to allow them room. When i started to lean into it i thought why am i doing this no one is there. I started to look were the person would be by feeling of the motion i was in and could see a faint outline of a womans face (just the silhouette) walking into the room i left when i fully spun around from the shock of it the apparition was gone. I called out hello into the room but nothing else happened.

Things that happened at my second house

Bought from a friend who never experienced anything in 7 years living there. But some of our friends felt a presence or heard sounds like the old wood stairs and floor creaking like someone was walking on them.

These are the things i witnessed while there

1. Late one night i was reading a book in the living room and heard the sound of someone walking down the stairs (sound i knew well) no one was in house but me.

2. In kitchen heard something roll/drag on counter. Looked and seen the salt shaker was almost a foot from where i remember it being

3. Thtee friends and i are in kitchen. Music is playing on record machine. We all jumped hearing a loud crash. Went to living room too see a 3 foot tall speaker on the other side of living room flat on the floor

• Like Like x 5
  12. Sixwing

That's weird. At least you're alright.

Hiking through the woods at night can be a little creepy. Everything sohnds different when the sun goes down.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'll check that out sometime. For my creepy true story Youtube fix, I've subscribed to "Mr. Nightmare".

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sixwing

Thanks for the tip. I might check it out sometime.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

Bored, so I thought I'd share this one with you all:

Years ago we have a dog named Ziggy, technically a Lurcher (working dogs, often crossed with whippets/greyhounds), but really more of a mongrel with a lot of Alsatian in him. Lovely dog, very sensitive, and hyper intelligent (seriously, he was smarter than most Humans I've met). Anyway, I'd not long finished at University, and I was at home on my PC while parents were out. The other dogs had claimed my bed for the afternoon and Ziggy was forced to curl up by the wardrobe near the center of the room, with my bed and desk at the far end away from the door. Now, I'm busy playing Warcraft or something, when out of the corner of my eye I see Ziggy suddenly sit upright, head cocked, ears up, looking towards the open door. "Oh, Mum and Dad are back" I think to myself, but it turns out it isn't that at all. Because Ziggy is watching something. Something that I can't see.

This something seems to enter my room through the doorway, and I watch as Ziggy, completely silent, follows it with his gaze as it slowly crosses the room and comes to a halt right next to my bloody desk. The dog just stares at the empty space next to me for about ten seconds or so, gaze fixed at a point where an adult male's head would be, while all that time I am filled with the most bone-chilling sense of dread I have ever experienced. About ten seconds pass. A very, very long ten seconds pass that see's me frozen to my chair in unaccountable fear, holding the computer mouse in a sodding death grip. But Ziggy does nothing but stare intently at that spot in space, head cocked, utterly silent, before watching whatever it is move slowly back across the room and out the doorway again. Afterwards, he just goes back to sleep like nothing ever happened. The other dogs hadn't even stirred, and I had heard, saw and sensed absolutely nothing (except for being bloody terrified), but I am ****ing positive Ziggy had been watching something other-worldly enter my room that day, and I still go cold even thinking about it.

So there ya go. Sorry to ramble on.

• Like Like x 5
  16. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to piss on your story, but my dog used to do this all the time, especially when she was a puppy...its fairly common

17. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

Nothing creepy has happened at my houses during my life, but when I went to a ghost town in Arizona one day when I was visiting family out there, we went to an old hotel that was supposed to be haunted.

Now, bear in mind that it was over 110 degrees out, with no AC in this hotel. Around and in the room where the owner was said to have died, I got chills down my spine. And not only that, but I was not acting like myself, like something was around us and I wanted out of there.

To this day, I will not go near places that are said to be haunted, precisely because of this experience and for this reason.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

Heh, I agree entirely mate. Had dogs all my life, but this was.... uncanny. Suppose you had to be there.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sixwing

My dog loves staring out the front window at absolutely nothing. It's honestly kind of funny.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Jesus...

• Like Like x 2