'Creed 2' Director for New Transformers Film

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by 96megatron, Nov 16, 2020.

1. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Well at least it isn't "We got this covered" this time...

That said, the guy doesn't exactly have much of a rapsheet to go off of. That's not to say this means he can't do a good job, but he's kind of a nobody. The Land was... alright, I guess. I'm genuinely curious how someone like him ends up with this kind of project when he's done nothing similar before.

• Like Like x 6
  3. SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47 X-Wing: Mercy Kill

News Credits:
    Whew. A reliable news site!

• Like Like x 10
  4. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    i'd be more interested if i thought it might ever be safe to set foot in a theater again.

• Like Like x 23
  5. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

so the article confirms its for the next film in the bumblebee universe, so i guess this kinda confirms that the upcoming movie isn't beastwars. i haven't watched creed 2 so is this choice promising or concerning?

• Like Like x 4
  6. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    Glad to get (somewhat) confirmation that the next film will take place in the Bumblebee Universe. While Caple doesn't have a huge list of credentials, I'm glad that Paramount is thinking outside the box rather than a big name director (not that many would want to touch this franchise). I enjoyed Creed II and am excited to see what comes from this.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Is this good news?

• Like Like x 10
  8. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Something about this post got me in the funny regions, because it basically sums up how most of my TF oriented friends felt when I told them the news. :lolol  :lolol 

What does this mean? I guess it means.. a movie's been confirmed, someone with two noteworthy films has been slated to be the director. Maybe it'll be good? Maybe not? It's really hard to say at this point.

I guess if you want another TF movie this is good news.

• Like Like x 6
  9. pie125

pie125 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ‘Transformers’: ‘Creed 2’ Director Steven Caple Jr. Tapped To Direct Next Installment In Paramount And Hasbro Franchise
    By Justin Kroll
    November 16, 2020 6:09pm

EXCLUSIVE: Following a lengthy search, Paramount Pictures and Hasbro Studios have set Steven Caple Jr. to direct the new Transformers pic in the reinvented universe. Insiders add while negotiations have yet to begin, he is the top choice among studio execs and producers and a deal should close in the coming weeks. After meeting with several top execs including Paramount Motion Picture President Emma Watts, the studio saw Caple as the best fit for the franchise that the studio chose to revamp at the top of the year.

In January, the studio made the decision to give the entire franchise a revamp by having two simultaneous scripts that are in active development: one by James Vanderbilt and one by Joby Harold. Harold’s film eventually would be chosen as the next installment in the franchise, and once he had given his final touches on the script at the end of the summer, the studio began taking director pitches on the next film.

Transformers has been one of Paramount’s biggest draws since the franchise was launched in 2007, grossing more than $4 billion worldwide over five films. Following the release of 2017’s Transformers: The Last Knight, director Michael Bay parted ways with the series to focus on new original material. After that, the studio decided to do a full revamp of the property, starting with a writers room that would develop multiple ways to pursue a new film, leading to 2018’s Bumblebee.

Caple is best known for directing the sequel to Creed 2 starring Michael B. Jordan. He is repped by WME and Untitled Entertainment.

Animated ‘Transformers’ Prequel Activated; ‘Toy Story 4’s Josh Cooley To Direct For Hasbro/eOne & Paramount

• Like Like x 3
  10. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    Ditto. I'm waiting to read the plot summary on tfwiki then I'll buy the blu-ray... maybe.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Cant wait

• Like Like x 1
  12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Creed II was nothing to scoff at. It's not Coogler but it's a fresh face at the helm.

Knight was a similar newcomer and did a fine job with Bee so I'll remain optimistic here.

• Like Like x 13
  13. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Assuming these movies are actually released on time, it's gonna be interesting seeing where the films go from here. I'd like to think they may have learned from past mistakes, but it's impossible to say for sure.

14. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I expected yet another "We Got this Covered" article, but this is actually from a legit source! I can't say I know much about this guy, but I'm happy the project seems to be progressing quickly. I'm also happy they chose the Bumblebee sequel/spinoff script to do first. I'm sure Beast Wars would have been neat (and will be when they finally end up making it), but I think the brand needs a safer bet right now. They still have a ways to go in winning back the public after TLK's underperformance. It's smart to ride the momentum and warm reception of Bumblebee before jumping into the weirder stuff. Like it or not, the concept of robots transforming into animals has the potential to alienate a lot of causal audience members. You have to remind your audience that this series is still worth watching before jumping into something like that.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

Not many directors have done something like this before, at least in the US. You've got Bay, Knight, DelToro, and DeKnight. The effects work is often handled around the director not by the director, or the director tells them what he wants and they find a way to do it. With Creed 2 he showed he can handle a sequel in an established franchise. I'm guessing he kept the books balanced and the production on schedule and didn't make war with the stars. That gets you friends in Hollywood. Be curious if he was approached or if he (or his agent) pitched him for the project.

Been to 4 movies in the last 2 months. The theaters have been almost empty around here (downstate NY), so I feel fine with it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. MacFormer97

MacFormer97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Front page says this will be "Bumblebee 2," but that's a bit misleading. This will be in the universe Bumblebee set up, but it won't strictly be a sequel to that film.

• Like Like x 7
  17. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

as long as he can heart to the movie, the better. curious as to what it will be about.

• Like Like x 1
  18. James Sutterlin

James Sutterlin Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Yeah don't use Travis Knight even though Bumblebee was Awesome. Jackasses.

• Like Like x 16
  19. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Cool! Looking forward to more news and hoping we stick with a G1 aesthetic the Bumblebee movie started

• Like Like x 5
  20. prime241

prime241 Westbeasty

Twitter:
    Very promising, Creed 2 is an amazing film and I cannot wait to see what this dude brings to the table

• Like Like x 3