Creative Assembly's Total War Series

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by badlander86, Jan 23, 2018.

1. badlander86

badlander86 Expendable Tactician

Hey guys, was just wondering if any of you played any of the games from CA's Total War series.

I fell in love with it in my youth when I played Shogun Total War and then Medieval Total War was such and improvement. The series has gone in so many directions these days with new historical eras constantly being looked into for inspiration.

While I was never a fan, Rome Total War and Empire Total War (which is more or less the Napoleonic Wars era Europe) also had its following. I've never looked into Attila Total War(Which like Napoleon Total War was based off their existing games) but might do so when the prices go down on Steam.

Because of the high expectations and the somewhat rabid and polarizing following the games have, I think reviews tend to skew between great and outright unplayable.

Right now, Warhammer Total War is CA's first non-historical entry into the franchise and I totally love it and am now on WHTW 2 (Clan Angrund for LIFE) and with previews of 3 Kingdoms Total War being the next historical title(which for the longest time seemed only to be made by Japanese Game developers Koei Tecmo in their Dynasty Warriors and Romance of the 3 Kingdoms series), the series seems to have something for everyone who is a fan of overarching Empire Building and RTS. Its one of those games where you tell yourself "one more turn and I'm heading to bed" and then you look at your watch and see that is 2am in the morning. The solution? Don't wear a watch. ;)  Any Total War experiences to share? Tomb Kings DLC for WHTW2 just dropped today.