Creative Artists Agency Signs 'Transformers 5' Star

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Aug 18, 2016.

1. pie125

pie125 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    CAA Signs 'Transformers 5' Star (Exclusive)

Isabela Moner is a Nickelodeon star poised to be the next young lead in Michael Bay's blockbuster franchise.

CAA has signed Transformers: The Last Knight's Isabela Moner, The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned.

The actress, 15, is being billed as the young female lead of the blockbuster Paramount franchise's fifth installment. She is playing Izabella, described as a street-smart foster kid with a Transformer as her only friend until she meets robot-builder Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg, reprising his starring role from the fourth film in the series directed by Michael Bay).

Moner was one of the three series regulars this past season on Nickelodeon's freshman comedy 100 Things to Do Before High School; THR critic Amy Amatangelo called her "a charismatic presence" and predicted she could be the network's next breakout star, in the vein of Victoria Justice and Miranda Cosgrove. As a singer, Moner debuted on Broadway at age 10 in the 2012 revival of Evita and released the solo album Stopping Time via Broadway Records last fall.

Coming up, the young Peruvian-American actress will appear in CBS Films' Middle School before returning to Nickelodeon in November to headline Legends of the Hidden Temple: The Movie.

Moner continues to be repped by manager Jen Merlino of Untitled and attorney Michael Mahan of Peikoff Mahan.

CAA Signs 'Transformers 5' Star (Exclusive) | Hollywood Reporter

2. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 F.T.C

News Credits:
    With that being said, thank you pie125 for always sharing what you find. Much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2016
  3. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Well, wasn't her character bio just a rumor before? This article basically confirms it, yeah?

4. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, her character name was confirmed a while ago. She even confirmed it herself on her Instagram account as well.

5. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Some of you guys are missing the point here. I think it's because Pie used the acronym for Creative Artists Agency instead of the full title.

Getting listed on CAA is a pretty big deal. It's the agency/organization which represents big names such as Leonardo DiCaprio, Will Ferrell etc.

Isabela at this young age getting listed is all thanks to Transformers 5, I guess.

You guys thought she got into TF5. Nope; the article is about getting into CAA. Easy mistake. Even I had to read the article fully to get the meaning.

This is exactly why I refrain from using acronyms on news posts. I avoid as much as I can. Unless the person knows exactly what the acronym stands for, you'll never know what the hell it means.

CAA - Creative Artists Agency
    CAA - Clean Air Act
    CAA - Civil Aviation Authority

:) 

6. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    Thank you!

7. Sixshot93

Sixshot93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you, O, SilverOptimus.