Customs: Creating Shattered Glass Reflector.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ToastBear, Dec 4, 2019.

1. ToastBear

ToastBear Member

SO the title is accurate, I am working on a repaint of Spy Shot 6 to turn him into a version of the Shattered Glass Reflector. Attached you can see the camera mode and my mock-up of the color scheme. I have already decided to skip doing the inner frame as the teal green will look fine with the yellow, despite the comic images showing it as black. Toyhax has a G1 style rub label that will fit in the spot where I have the Decepticon logo and I will need to make a new decal for the "Reflector" name which I moved to be similar to the G1 style. When transformed this will run down his right arm.

I am deconstructing a spare figure (Photon T34, was basically parts when I bought it) and need advice on SAFELY removing the screw caps. I expected (and succeeded in) destroying one to get it loose. They are about 2mm (1/16 inch) deep and there is less than a sheet of paper width to squeeze anything in to pry it out. They appear to be glued in as well, so I am not sure how to proceed. This would not be an issue except on this figure the interiors of the arms and legs have details too. If I airbrush the body without disassembly these will not get covered properly.

On the image of the leg, you can see the remnants of the one I destroyed with an Exacto blade...
    20191012_194500.jpg 20191012_194500(color).jpg 20191204_214630.jpg 20191128_212508.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. ToastBear

ToastBear Member

Not a single response on how to proceed? I am literally stuck at this step with no way to advance until I figure this out, ANYTHING would be good...

3. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    For the screw caps I don’t think there really any other way unless you can somehow lubricate it and then pry it out maybe

4. ToastBear

ToastBear Member

So you suggest that I just destroy and replace them with some kind of poly-fill / styrene cover?

Not the answer I hoped, but if no one has any other suggestions... I may have to deal with it. Is there anywhere/one else that I could search for that could provide answers? I ended up here because I had little to no luck elsewhere either.