Create this story with me! [TF: Valkeron Wars] help me make these characters interesting!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Mister Yim, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Mister Yim

Mister Yim Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ABOUT THIS PROJECT

Hi everyone, I'm Michael, a stop-motion film maker. My goal here is to make a Transformers stop motion mini series with an interesting story. One of the biggest things I want to achieve through this project is to craft interesting characters with clashing motivations and backstory.

I am not a transformers expert, and only know bits and pieces of their stories (through comics, reading online etc.), so it would be my honor to have any of you TF fans pitch in ideas.

PLEASE REFER TO "STORY NEEDS" SECTION FOR SPECIFICS.

This will occur in an alternative world, which would allow us more freedom to create characters to our own liking, and to create the story however we imagine.

I have a general gist of how the story will go, and some background setting, but there are a lot of details and new ideas that need to be filled in or modified. I will keep updating this post with new ideas and updates. And don't worry, you will get credit as a co-writer of this story (if you want). The main idea for me to share this is to get all you Transformers vets involved and to interact with each other, throw ideas around etc. Let our imaginations run wild.​

SAMPLES

Here are some of my previous works that can give you an idea what I've made recently. The goal here is to tell a great story (with my limited TF collection), so the animation isn't awesome, but it's good enough for our purposes.

Combat Sample:

Greenscreen effects sample:

GENERAL BACK-STORY
    This story takes place in an alternative dimension, during an intergalactic war between the Autobots & Decepticons. Both factions discover a faraway planet known as Valkeron, which showed signals of extremely high energon levels.

Valkeron is the home of the ancient Valkizons, an advanced race of cyber-genetic beings. Using the high density energon native to Valkeron, known as hyper energon, they developed technology at a rate much faster than Cybertronians.

Looking to gain an upperhand in the war, both the Autobots & Decepticons sent out a party to scout, and hopefully secure the planet for their own use. Once they arrived, they realized that the signals they received were distorted by the planet's magnetic ring, and that these readings were originally from centuries ago.

Valkeron has become a deserted wasteland, with only small patches of land containing Hyper Energon, and Valkinion technology buried deep within the sand. Survival has become a top priority for both parties, instead of conquest. Also, the magnetic ring's interference has made it difficult to contact their respective leaders in Cybertron. At the beginning of this series, they are stranded, and looking for a way to survive.

The first arc will mainly be about Dragstrip's rise through the ranks of the Decepticons on Valkeron. Starting off as just an energon collector (a Runner), manipulating his fellow cons in an effort to rise to the top.

IMPORTANT NOTES
    • I have a general idea of the first story arch, but will not reveal everything here in detail, so that I don't spoil some surprises.
    • My collection of transformers is not huge, so some of the character choices are limited by that

FACTIONS
    [​IMG]
    DECEPTICONS

• They outnumber the Autobots on Valkeron by quite a lot
    • Consists of many smaller teams: Bruisers (Combaticons), Runners (Stunticons), Scouts (Junkions), Constructicons, & Leaders
    • Bruisers are the strongest soldiers, Scouts are in charge of finding Hyper Energon deposits, Runners transport those Hyper Energon crystals back to base.
    • Leaders (Trigger & Quake) were sent in later on to assist and lead in conquest. They contain the most advanced cybertronian technology and weapons, setting them apart from the other decepticons with superior performance.
    • Members consist of Trigger (leader), Quake (2nd in command), Onslaught (bruiser), Blast-off (bruiser), Dragstrip (runner), Deadend (runner), Blackjack (runner), Wreck-gar (Scout), Scrapheap (Scout), Shockwave (Repairs), Rumble, Starscream (deceased), Growler (leader's pet)
    [​IMG]
    AUTOBOTS

• Members consist of Ultra Magnus (leader), Hot Rod, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Wheelie, and 1 other deluxe (that I have not bought yet)
    • Small band of loyal warriors, selfless, works great as a team.
    • Rumor has it that they have access to a broken Space Bridge
    NEUTRAL
    • Consist of the mercenary LOCKDOWN (ex-autobot), & Constructicons (leaves the decepticons in the very first episode to mine Energon and survive on their own), & WIRETAP

MAJOR CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS

[​IMG]
    TRIGGER
    • Sent to Valkeron along with QUAKE to take the lead in conquest
    • Is the current leader of the Decepticons at the beginning of episode 1
    • A by-the-books kind of leader.
    • Whole-heartedly wants to lead the Decepticons off the planet, and to ensure their survival
    • lacks the inter-personal skills and communication ability to be an effective leader
    • Along with QUAKE, are the most advanced Decepticons on Valkeron.
    • After QUAKE's death, mainly avoids confronting the Autobots in order to conserve Energon, and to pursue his first priority, bringing his Decepticons home alive.
    [​IMG]
    QUAKE

• 2nd in command and field commander of the Decepticons in the beginning of episode 1
    • Dies early on, leaving TRIGGER without much support amongst the Decepticons
    • Brash, but powerful & confident. Loyal.
    • Wants to bring back Hyper Energon and Valkirion technology back to Cybertron to turn the tide of the war

STARSCREAM (deceased)

• Dies before episode 1. He was the original leader of the Decepticon party.
    • Killed by TRIGGER & QUAKE when he was unwilling to give up leadership.
    • Although not the best leader, was respected by his underlings.
    [​IMG]
    DRAGSTRIP (Runner)

• Grew up in a poor, violent neighbourhood, destined to be insignificant.
    • Joined the Decepticons, and eventually, this party for a chance to "be somebody"
    • Young, cunning & ambitious. His motivations are shaped by his upbringing.
    • Starts out only wanting power and recognition for himself.
    • Wants to rise through the ranks of this party, and return as a leader, at all costs.
    [​IMG]
    ONSLAUGHT (Bruiser)

• Powerful, bloodthirsty, a good tactician in combat
    • In terms of brute power, is second only to QUAKE (amongst the decepticons)
    • Along with the other Bruisers & Runners, can form Bruticus. In this form, Onslaught has the most control
    • Believes that Trigger's style of leadership is too passive, and that after QUAKE's death, ONSLAUGHT himself should be leader
    • Wants to aggressively destroy the Autobots on Valkeron as his first priority
    [​IMG]

ULTRA MAGNUS (Autobot)
    • Deals with Dragstrip throughout the first arc to help his Autobots gain any advantage
    • Calm, wise leader
    • Steadily leading the Autobots on Energon retrieval missions
    [​IMG]

WIRETAP (Neutral)

• Narrator of the prologue
    • He was a Valkizon that is trapped in a 3rd dimension, after an experiment-gone-wrong
    • Being sent to the 3rd dimension saved him from death (the extinction of the Valkizons) but he is forever trapped in nothingness
    • Watches everything going on in Valkizon, but is powerless to affect it

MINIOR CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS
    (Will be added later)​

STORY NEEDS
    These are some of the loose ends, feel free to make suggestions for these!
    1. What is Wreck-gar planning? He's seen as a low class Decepticon (just a scout on Valkeron), but he rocks a an evil smirk and an awesome mustache, he must be up to no good!
    2. What is TRIGGER's plan to get the Decepticons off the planet?
    3. What is ULTRA MAGNUS's plan to get the Autobots off the planet?
    4. SHOCKWAVE has not spoken a single word since the death of STARSCREAM, what is up with that? When will he speak again?
    5. Does WIRETAP play a bigger role later on? Or is he just the narrator?
    6. I need 1 more Autobot & 1 more Decepticon (Combiner)
    7. We need descriptions, backstory for all the other characters as well.
    8. Other relationships such as secret alliances, back-stabbing, double agents, murders etc. amongst all characters that can enrich the dynamics.
    9. Any additional, interesting subplots! Secrets!
    OTHER NEEDS
    Will be updated later

2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    A few suggestions: Dead End finds a Valkizonian ship. Dragstrip finds out and convinces him not to tell the others, loyalty among runners and envy towards the others being at play.

Maybe Dragstrip makes a deal with Magnus: he sends a technician with them, unarmed and without being aware of the location of the ship to help find out how to make it flightworthy.

Personal fav, but Computron could be your Autobot combiner. Lightspeed could be the technician.

I cant say i'll cowrite. Got my own fanfic and other stuff to take up my time, but this looks intresting and original.

3. Mister Yim

Mister Yim Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks for your reply! I actually had a part in mind where Dragstrip strikes a deal with Magnus too! Your suggestion is cool though. Oooo I like the Valkinion ship thing too, very interesting.

What I meant about the combiner was I needed 1 more limb to complete a mash-up Bruticus haha, so not another combiner. Thanks for your ideas! By co-writer, I mean just sharing ideas and slapping your name on it too, it's your choice really.

My plan for the story early on is actually because QUAKE dies in the prologue, at that point none of the Decepticons back TRIGGER anymore, since him and QUAKE were sort of the new guys who were sent in to take charge. ONSLAUGHT would be next in line if anyone took down TRIGGER (since he's the biggest/strongest amongst these Decepticons), so DRAGSTRIP makes a deal with ULTRA MAGNUS to either injure ONSLAUGHT or somehow convert him into following DRAGSTRIP

• Like Like x 1
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I see i have read the text a little too fast and missed a few things :) 
    I wouldnt take down all your top dogs too early on.
    Trigger seems to be the leader who is favored by Cybertron.
    Maybe they try to kill him in a mutiny but he escapes and manages to make an alliance with the Constructicons and hires Lockdown.

5. Mister Yim

Mister Yim Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's true, should
    That's true, should keep the big guys around first. And hey that's a good way to bring in the neutrals. BTW, where do you usually share your fanfic?

6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    :lol  my fanfic is in very early stages.
    Ok, not as early as this story perhaps but i dont deem it ready to be read by others yet.
    I also never really considered sharing it, also because i felt some things might just be too different for mist people. Just writing for my own pleasure.
    I got a long synopsis of Cybertronian history from beginning to the lauch of the arc, i can post that if you are interested.
    And i got a flashback recounted after A decepticon raider... but wich takes place earlier from the humans POV, i'm at Arthur, Merlin and a battalion of his modernised army preparing to take Vortigerns castle by trickery and a bit of magic. Basically i'm writing my own version of the Arthurian legend, but it'll be the impetus for everything that takes place in my fanfic post the Rebirth.
    I try to have a more serious take on the G1 cartoon while retaining the sillyness and logical flaws.
    Trying to make it more sciency while retaining the magic and the sci-fi nonsense.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  7. Mister Yim

Mister Yim Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Man that sounds super epic. Please do share it somewhere! I will read it! Maybe you can do like an e-book version on youtube too, that would be cool too.

8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Well i'll post the history text somewhere. I'll let you know. But i'll keep it text only.
    It took me two years to get where i am :lol  Taking pictures and stuff would only slow me down more.