Crazy Japanese Crossover? - Disney/Mickey Mouse

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by cheetorBWORG, Sep 22, 2008.

1. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    ohhh man! i think it'd be cool to see though =)

2. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

:lol 
    Ok, well at least you're honest about it. I'll definitely give you credit about that. :D 

...That was seriously AWESOME and incredibly silly at the same time.
    Love it.

3. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Wow.

Overreacting much in this thread, huh? :rolleyes: 

Like I said about SWTF when they were first announced: I like TFs. I like Disney. If the combined product is good, I'll buy it.

After all, I'm looking for both sets of Disney Star Wars characters and also Mickey as Indiana Jones.

Great idea. I'm picturing a Teagan Presley fembot ... what would she transforms into?

Wow. That's great. :lol 

-airfox

4. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Heh. I can just see the multipacks now: a 2-pack of Optimouse Prime vs. Megadon, and a Seeker 3-pack of Megadon's nephews Huescream, Deweycracker and Louwarp.

Come to think of it, that makes a lot more sense than just straight-up meched versions of the gang. Which means the chances of it happening are nil.

5. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:

On the whole as of late, I agree with you about disney and lack of creativity.
    But they were still the pioneers of various ideas back in the day.
    Tron being one that helped forge generations of designs, as well as steamboat willie even being what helped inspire the creation of the japanese animation industry (it's even cited as such by the god father of all anime).

Now if hunchback gets a Disney former, as well as any of the other crap disney, I'll be pissed. But mickey's crew, Tron, Sitch, the black Hole, even not quite human, Darkwing Duck, or Quack Pack are all deserving of these renditions. Mickey's crew would include goofy, pete, daisy, minnie, and donald. Ducktales would rock too, Gizmo duck, scrooge, the ducktales vehicles and money bin. Then there's the infamous two inventor/scientists from duck tales and quack pack that would make sweeeeeeeeeeeet geriatric formers. The Classic era doc (who's in quack pack) would do well as an alpha trion homage.

6. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I have about much chance of buying this as the Nike Convoy, slim and none... LOL

7. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's freaking awesome.

8. Predarican

Predarican Top Gunner G1er

Ebay:
    I was thinking the same thing. Or maybe Huey, Duey, and Luey three pack. Give me my Mickey TargetMaster with Pluto parter!!!!!! ( I'm joking about that last part)

9. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

I'll reserve judgement till I see "real" Pictures, but I HOPE they go with the SWTF aesthetic.
    WHY?!? you ask, simple think about it have said Disney Character transform into a well know vehicle/ structure OF that Character.
    Follow me so far, what Im Talking about here is this;
    Mickey/Steamboat (Willy's)
    Darkwing-Duck/ His Motorcycle
    Scrooge McDuck/ His Money Bin
    Mr Toad/ His Car
    Mike Wazowski/ His Car
    Huey-Dewey-Loey/ (who Cares) COMBINER!!
    See what I'm saying here.

10. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Pete looks a cool and funny Megatron:p 

Goofy as Ultra Magnus then? :p 

11. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After having just got back from Japan, I can tell you one reason why this is happening, Disney stuff is huge in Japan right now. It's all over the place like Pikachu was a decade ago. I saw tons of figures and licensed stuff in shops, 7/11's, grocery stores, book stores, news stands...

Tho it may suprise some of you, the main Disney character featured besides Micky was Stitch.

12. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    That makes sense actually. Great character design, some non-Disney influences used for it. He's an alien. The Kids in the Hall all appeared on the syndicated cartoon (the japanese are all HUUUUGE KiTH fans, "it's a fact"). Plus he just looks cool.

Wasn't Lilo & Stitch the last traditionally animated Disney flick too?

13. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Enh. Disney has been big in Japan before, and there's always been ridiculous amounts of Disney stuff out and around. Not sure why now would suddenly be any different... There hasn't been a major Disney movie release in a while there, has there?

14. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    AHEM.

[​IMG]

15. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Bad combo.

16. Deadend

News Credits:

Disney stuff has always been big in japan.
    Miyazaki is hailed as the walt disney of japan in his own country. (kiki's delivery service, howl's moving castle, spirited away, castle of cagliostro, and more.)
    Disney and Betty Boop inspired the entire anime genre as cited by the first ever anime creator, Osamu Tezuka. So disney will always be popular in Japan, as they tend to pay better respects to their roots than we Americans ever do.
    One would be hard pressed to not even cite the animated Metropolis as taking aesthetic cues from the same sources as well, besides the original Metropolis as an inspiration. It's nigh borderline a Disney take on the Original Metropolis movie.

Stitch is just too badass even for anime, so damn straight he's also popular. He's the 'newage mickey' so to speak, well the bad boy one. With many of his hawaiian influences being heavily favored. (Heck he's outright my favorite, and it has nothing to do with any form of roots reasons or historical connotations he represents.)

If it weren't for Disney, who helped inspire Astroboy, which splintered off enormous amounts of tech/anime genres we may have never even had Transformers or Microman. Just as if it weren't for Blade Runner, Tron, Star Trek, and Star Wars, we may have never had some of the sci fi anime pioneers we've had. When you track the roots of what influenced who, you can clearly see a birth pattern of ideas as to when and how they were executed and influenced. Even the live action TV in japan dates back to similiar influences including the old super hero serials of america, with aesthetics driven from various scifi of the age, and animation. Even influencing Go Nagai one of the forefathers of the giant robo era. A genre that eventually gave birth to a little something called Gundam. Just as Ghost in the shell would not be the same without the influences from Blade Runner among others. Bubblegum crisis as well, something that inspired years to come of robot aesthetics, was also heavily giant Robo and Blade runner influenced. (Kenichi Sonoda someday should be asked to do his take on the cybertronian war, his art is detail perfection.)

10 degrees with Mickey Mouse. >.> He's as bad in japan as Kevin Bacon is in america. xD Though you have to go by inspired, as opposed to star with.

17. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man i love Betty Boop! tobad she's not a transformer! hehe

18. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

[​IMG]Yet...

19. Deadend

News Credits:
    I concur with the yet. I've been hoping someday she gets the props and respect she deserves. Bad enough not even all of her toons have made it to the modern era, let alone VHS. Some are still on classic grade film only, I had to check for an ex once. One of the few good things that came out of my heavy download usage, as I was able to find users who transferred them to at least encodes. Had planned on making her a 'lost era' dvd that fell through cause, well, she's my ex now. xD

If anyone was ever curious who started the entire 'marshmallow' art style, one would have to look no further than Osamu Tezuka and his creations and influences. So yeah, another thing Pat Lee tried to take credit for he didn't create. That style was used decades before Lee was even born, and that history is directly responsible to the Lilo and Stitch usage through hawaiian art connotations.

20. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Just read about this on IO9 as well....they also have the pic of the promo model for Mickey...it looks like he turns into Optimus Mouse.

Lets just say that its proof that it's a Small Fail After All.