crap, i need help.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    okay, so i sold a Spike figure (from fortress maximus) on ebay not to long ago. the guy recieved it and emailed me and he says it doesnt fit into fort max correctly, and that he just thinks its a fake... i dont know what to do. i had a brave max awhile ago, and the spike head fit fine in there, and seemed to be an exact copy of cerebros, just a lot more loose since he was 20 years old... i want to help this guy, but at the same time my auction did state all sales are final and he didnt email me beforehand asking any other specific questions, or even asking for more pictures...

what should i do?

on a side note, has anyone ever even seen a fort max KO? cuz i never have, so i'm confused as to how i would haev a KO part if one has never been made....

2. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I've heard of KO spikes before, but I'm hardly knowlegeable on the subject. They do exist, I suppose it's possible whoever you got your Fort Max from used a Spike KO on it. But I'm not sure what the timeframe was on the KOs/when you bought your Fort Max. If your FM was original, the guy could just be using the fact that there ARE KOs of Spike to try and scam you.

3. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i had a spike KO at one time but it looked nothing like the original. About the only thing you can do to keep from getting negative feedback even though you said all sales final is give him a refund and him send the Spike back.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

Sounds kinda iffy to me... I mean, would anything have changed (mold wise) between Brave Max and the original that would cause him to fit just fine on one but not the other? Sounds like the buyer is either not using the figure properly, or trying to get out of his purchase.

5. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i've never owned a g1 fort max, only had spike, and i think he was part of a big lot i bought when i first started collecting again. ive always had him laying around thinking that someday i would finish him, and recently decided i wasnt ever gonna do that, so i might as well sell spike... below is email i've typed to send to him, havent sent it yet, any suggestions?

note: theres a line in my response about the eyes because he mentioned not seeing any residue from yellow paint on the eyes...though before the auction was over, he never asked to see a picture of the head mode, only robot mode was posted in the auction.

2nd note: ive got a few other headmasters, and the spike head fit into each of them just fine too, and all those heads fit into brave maximus. should i add something to that effect?

6. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Maybe his Brave is the KO here?

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    To my knowledge, all Headmaster heads should be interchangeable. If he owns another Headmaster, ask him if he can try another head on Cerebros. Maybe there is something wrong with the connectors that is stopping the head from going on correctly. If he can get a pic of the slot Spike is meant to go in, then that might show up any problems. It is possible that if he has a vintage Maximus, then the connection point may have been damaged along the way - IIRC there aren't any full-size Fort Max KOs, though there was one of Cerebros.

Otherwise, yeah, offer him a refund and get him to send your Spike back.

8. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a KO of spike which is approx a quarter smaller than the original, the colours are different though and the face isnt painted from memory.

I think he may be having you on, if its the one you sold not long ago that was def a legit spike as I remember your auction

9. Lumpy

News Credits:
    he says it doesnt fit in with scorponok either, and thats the only other headmaster he has...i'm really not sure what to do...he lives in canada, and shipping takes forever, so i guess he could send it back and i could refund him his money, minus shippin costs, but its just a hassle...then i'll have to double check everything and relist it, and make sure its not a different figure either, cuz that'd piss me off royally.

10. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    As much as it may seem to be a hassle - it'll be worth it if you do it. It's better to be 100% sure on your end then wondering about this buyer. Hopefully things work out for ya.

11. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    man i looked at the pic in your auction and it's very blurry, do you have a better pic so we can see what it looks like. That would help us help you

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Better to get the Spike back than have this guy go giving you bad feedback because he probably can't work a simple Headmaster head.
    Then take a few scale pictures and get some people here to verify it as legit or KO one way or the other if need be.

13. Lumpy

News Credits:
    no, thats the only pictures i had at the time, i was using my camera phone, i'm gonna use my wifes digital camera assuming i get this back and everything is legit.

14. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

co-sign. yeah, better to just refund the guy his money rather than getting - feedback for it.

15. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

there was a KO cerebros with spike a while back, and i remember that Ken
    make a repro spike

my AUTHENTIC brave max spike head fits funny inside my cerebros, but fits fine in all my other headmaster bodies. it's just a flaw with the mechinism i havn't fixed yet.

did spikes face on yours have silver paint? even if the eyes are a sticker, spikes face should still be silver painted, otherwise, you may have sold him one of Kens repro parts

BUT, even if you did, it should still fit, as kens parts were always SPOT ON!!!

16. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i dont think there was any silver paint...still odd that it wont fit, i wonder if i ended up with a KO...that would totally suck...

17. Lumpy

News Credits:
    well, he sent me pictures, its definately looking like the one i sold him, and attached is the message he sent me.

if someone helps me figure out how, i can post the pictures here so people can see what he's talking about. i think my only option is to have him ship it back and give him a refund when it arrives, or tell him too bad, and then probably get negative feedback even though i've done nothing wrong...crap...this sucks... so, i guess its time for a refund? what's a repro figure worth then, if that is what i have...

18. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

19. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what's the link of the auction you sold it through?

20. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If you've got no use for the figure, wouldn't a partial discount be to both parties advantage?