Cowboy Bebop Live Action TV in the works?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tekkaman Blade, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's also only like half their rules. He left out some big ones, like "DON’T be afraid to make big changes."

Meanwhile the CB "fans" are freaking out over some shorts and a dog leash, so...

• Like Like x 5
  2. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't mind Man of Steel too much, because we already had versions of live action Superman who were portrayed Superman in a way that I thought he was supposed to be.

Now, if Man of Steel had been the first live action Superman movie, I might have been a bit disappointed. I mean MoS Superman has the potential to go psycho. I'd always thought of Superman as being better than that.
    Still, I actually do want to see Man of Steel 2.

It's similar with Bayverse Optimus. I thought he was cool, but he came across as being a darker version of the original. Basically, a guy who was a great leader and hero, and yet was on the path to becoming Nemesis Prime.(though to be honest, that was minor compared to the other issues I had with the Bayverse).

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TV/Netflix sequel series to the original Karate Kid movies.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    And thus they aren’t true fans.

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It is amaze-balls.

Basically it is a series follow up to Karate Kid 1-3. Shows where the characters are 30+ years later. Daniel owns a few car dealerships and is rich and successful. Johnny is still living in the 80s and works odd jobs till he starts teaching karate to a neighbor kid. He then reopens Cobra Kai. It reignites the rivalry between the two. It keeps the old characters, introduces new ones, and retains the spirit of the original. It is exactly what a follow up series should be.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    How does a YouTube entertainment reviewer not know what Cobra Kai is?

• Like Like x 1
  7. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Because it is now Netflix?

8. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Looked up Alex Hassell (the British actor playing Vicious) and just realized he's the same guy who played the creepy Translucent character on the superhero team The Seven in Amazon's The Boys. Interesting.

He's certainly got the arrogant intensity and menacing glower of a villain although I'm not sure how well of a fit he'll be as Vicious without seeing him in full makeup and costume (kinda dreading seeing him possibly in a ridiculous looking white wig).

That and him being the leader of an Asian crime syndicate. I'm guessing the show runners will try to make the Red Dragons more international (interplanetary?) at this point but who knows? I'm trying to keep an open mind so let's wait and see.

9. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Vicious's hair is more of a greasy grey/silver anyways, so it's not going to look as fake and awful as a pure white wig if they bother going even halfway faithful with his look.

10. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I'm having Targaryen flashbacks from Game of Thrones, lol.

11. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    As much as it’s almost stealing Rocky 3’s ending, I really want the last minute of so of the show to be Daniel and Johnny in a new dojo they’ve opened together, in their Gi’s and doing a perfectly synchronised kata imposed over a sunset with a nice fusion of their respective leitmotifs playing over it.

But back to Cowboy Bepop. It’s been a while since I checked this thread in detail but did they discuss if they were going to use the old pieces like Tank! (I mean you can’t improve perfect) or if they were doing a new Jazz themed score with Yoko Kanno around to occasionally slap them around the head if they start taking too much piss or just a more standardised (dull with maybe one or two memorable pieces) score?

12. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ah, never seen it.

13. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    I didn't realise this had even finished filming.
    Fortunately I'm very rational and level-headed and will give this adaptation a fair chance and judge whether it's any good based on, y'know, the actual show itself rather than letting some outrage merchant hacks on Youtube with an axe to grind make up my mind for me.

Of course, if the first season does do the original justice, then the true test of the show's quality will be if they go on to adapt Mushroom Samba.

• Like Like x 5
  14. pluto

pluto Banned

yeah talking about Faye's pants and not talking about the details of the soundtrack is just blowing so much smoke.

Kanno certainly has the chops to do a whole new score but I'm not opposed to a new voice on the scene. Yr Japanese funk scene has certainly seen better days.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think there's just a small chance they'll adapt any of the anime episodes, seems like they're intent on doing their own stories in a rebooted universe (though adapting a side-story like "Mushroom Samba" wouldn't be out of the question either).

16. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    Ah, I didn't realise it'd be doing more of its own thing, I wasn't expecting a 1:1 adaptation anyway (because what would be the point?), but it'd be nice to see at least some stuff from the anime in there.

• Like Like x 2
  17. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Again, moving on.

There have been enough warnings now. We’ll move into thread bans and infractions if we have to.

• Like Like x 2
  18. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    From what we've heard of the production, it kinda sounds like they're taking ideas from Asteroid Blues (and maybe some of Stray Dog Strut), Jupiter Jazz, and potentially a smattering of all the other Vicious-related episodes to create a story around the Triad crime syndicate and the distribution of the Red Eye drug. Wonder if it'll go all the way through to producing some version of The Real Folk Blues and concluding that story, and thus giving Spike a happier ending if there's any intent to produce more of the series after, or if they're still saving that for a grand finale?

• Like Like x 5
  19. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Live-Action Cowboy Bebop's John Cho is Worried About the Inevitable Anime Comparisons

"This interview is all about me freaking out. But the amount of thought and worry and effort and number of days I've logged thinking about Spike is now equaling the fear I have about the reaction," Cho said.

"The biggest fear that I had was I was too old. I knew people were gonna have issues with my age. And I had to get over it...I was gonna look different than a 25-year-old guy. At some point, the opportunity is “Yes or no — do you wanna do it?” And I did wanna do it. So I wasn't gonna stop myself from doing it."

He also wanted to make sure the series wasn't a scene-by-scene remake, either. "I also thought that that was a recipe for encouraging unflattering comparisons. How could you do it better? You can't. You have to do something a little different," Cho told Vulture.

Let's wait for the trailer.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Yeah he knows the comparisons are always gonna happen. As they say it's inevitable when you do something that has been done before. Hopefully the trailer comes soon.

• Like Like x 1