Could waspinator be...?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by supernova222, Feb 11, 2019.

1. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...the progenitor of the junkions? I just kinda put together that he had millions of years and a lot of space to cover to get back to his present cybertron outside of time travel, which I assume was a factor at some point. anyway, a race of bots who can survive and reassemble themselves after being blasted or reduced to pieces of all things, and with odd vocal tendencies. also, of all the planets in the galaxy, they happen to have a society based on the culture of earth, a fairly astronomical coincidence unless they encountered someone who happened to know where earth was. something also not out of the realm of reality if you remember his brief spotlight when he recognized the beast wars were on earth just by recognizing earths moon, hinting at a greater intelligence. im just saying that there seems to be a lot of hints there and it would be a cool filler for the large gab in his history as of now.

just a fun theory and wanted to see others thoughts :) 

• Like Like x 12
  2. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I'm on board.

• Like Like x 4
  3. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    That actually sounds pretty intriguing.

• Like Like x 4
  4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I want to say no just because I've never been a big fan of Waspinator while Wreck-Gar is one of my favorite characters...

However with that personal bias out of the way your theory does actually make a lot of sense... and to add to it Waspinator himself is rebuilt into a motorcycle which is the same vehicle all the Junk ions transform into... And now I wish the Generations Junkion mold had been used for Waspinator instead of Taratulus.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I always thought it was the other way around. Waspinator was a descendant of the junkions. But maybe he did originate them as well, leading to a temporal loop where waspinator created his own species, thus directly responsible for his own existence.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

This theory is logical.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now I'm down for a CW Waspinator from CW Afterburner.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Markdelg

Markdelg Spin Road fan

News Credits:
    I think it’s just a happy coincidence.

9. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

Maybe Waspinator is the Progenitor of the Predacons? Their symbol looks like a wasp face to me...

• Like Like x 4
  10. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just had an odd thought,,,

• Like Like x 1
  11. Markdelg

Markdelg Spin Road fan

News Credits:
    Nope. Buzzsaw is. :) 

12. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

As much as Soundwave is the progenitor of the Decepticons and Prowl of the Autobots.....

13. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

I love this idea

But 1 thing to note....

Actually there’s a far simpler explanation .

The planet of junk was picking up television transmissions from earth
    Not all....

upload_2019-2-18_14-15-17.jpeg

upload_2019-2-18_14-15-51.jpeg

upload_2019-2-18_14-16-22.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Yes all because we're talking about the G1 continuity family. The first guy you pictured is a toy only character, the second is Wreck-Gar from Animated who technically was never even called a Junkion in that series. And the last set is another group of toy only characters. Or maybe just one character and some drones, I was never really sure out those Power Core combiners.

Anyway only that Hound repaint is actually a G1 character but I still wouldn't include him because he never appears in any of the fictions. All the Junkions we see who could have possibly had any contact with Waspinator were in fact motorcycles.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Primeultra

Nope....

.....which thes guys are part of

upload_2019-2-18_17-52-4.jpeg

upload_2019-2-18_17-52-45.jpeg

Detritus (G1) - Transformers Wiki
    Should be....

But as usual.....
    Wrong
    Detritus (G1) - Transformers Wiki

see above

Btw, the power core group also got a pack in comic but I normally don’t think much of those

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

IDW isn't exactly G1... it's kind of it's own thing since Starscream has his Armada and WFC bodies at various points. There's also the fact that Rhinox and Tankor seem to exist at the same time as two completely different characters.

Tankor shouldn't even exist at all yet since Beast Megatron created him from Rhinox. Plus it seems unlikely that any Beast Wars characters except maybe Waspinator would exist in that time period already having taken their Beast Modes.

Plus the writers wouldn't have even thought to include a jeep who wasn't released till 4 years after Beast Machines ended.

17. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    obviously that is the case, but my point was that showing that of the many populated planets the g1 series had, earth of all places was the one they had contact with, and pointed out thwaspinator did know where earth was. the coincidence is quite plausible

• Like Like x 1
  18. Primeultra

That’s your opinion s
    Offically it is
    Also, Tfwiki has it listed as part of the one of the G1 continuities

As to the rest....

Starscreams body types.....Doesn’t disqualify IDW from being a G1 continuity, after all, it would be [A]G1 continuity of many different G1 continuities, events do not have to mirror the previous G1 continuities, even the original 4?G1 continuities don’t always have matching events

Tankor And/Or Beast Wars characters existing ....Doesn’t disqualify IDW from being a G1 continuity, after all, it would be [A]G1 continuity of many different G1 continuities, events do not have to mirror the previous G1 continuities, even the original 4?G1 continuities don’t always have matching events
    disqualify it from being a G1 continuity continuity, after all its [A] G1 continuity of many different continuties , events don’t have to mirror any of the previous G1 continuities

Tankor existing doesn’t disqualify it from being a at all yet since Beast Megatron created him from Rhinox. Plus it seems unlikely that any Beast Wars characters except maybe Waspinator would exist in that time period already having taken their Beast Modes.
    Don’t even know what your talking about here

Most of the IDW (if not all] take play in contemporary times, meaning taking place in or near out time frame, so what does beast machines has to do with this?

BW it’s a different G1 continuity

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Just let Waspinator be Waspinator.

20. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

You just said BW/M is a different continuity at the end of your post which is exactly my point since that's the continuity we're talking about.

Also I was referring to the fact that Beast Machines ended four years before that repaint of Hound existed. Look at your own links. Detris was released in 2004. The Power Core combiners also came out more recently as well. So unless the writers had a time machine there's no way they could of known about those figures when designing BM Thrust.

In my original post I was theorizing the possibility of a connection between Waspinator/Thrust and the Junkions who are all Motorcycles. At the time the series was made that would have been true since the other Junkions you mention don't exist yet.