Could Unicron ever work in a live-action film?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by johnboy3434, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Unicron could work, just that he needs to be downsized to maybe a giant Cybertronian Spacecruiser..

2. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Why? I might be willing to accept that if we had actually gotten a proper, solid, giant world-eating Galactus in FF2. But all we got was a ridiculous amorphous cloud. They totally pussed out on it and I'm tired of hearing the argument about how something on that scale can't be done live action. Bullshit. Somebody needs to do this live action and since Marvel isn't gonna pony up, Bay might as well do it.

/rant.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Huge spaceship that opens out (maybe with a Unicron maw and horns) and engulfs Earth in a Dyson Sphere-type stylee with factories and stuff on the inner surface. Then starts to digest the planet inside by sending drones down to carve it up.

I'm going to keep on about it until it happens. :p 

4. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    If Unicron can't be Unicron then don't include him. No rescaling. No battleship mode. No Uber Tank mode. Leave him out. Even if he can be 100% the Unicron we all know I say leave him out.

5. transtrekkie

Well played sir. I'm intrigued. go on.

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I've always visioned a Bayverse Unicron to be a giant robo-space squid.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Always happy to promote the Dyson Sphere idea. Here's a couple of bits from posts I've made in previous Unicron threads:

Unicron travels through space in a sort of starship form, one that has the horns and maw and maybe ring of his usual planet alt. Then when he arrives at Earth his maw opens and he transforms out to engulf Earth. This would take a little while so that some of the movie is the sky slowly being blotted out by this massive transforming thing over the planet. It would give the exterior shots on Earth an interesting look as the sky gets darker and the inner surface of Unicron creeps across the blue like a mechanical weed. Or a snake swallowing some prey. Once he's surrounded the planet he sends drones down to soften and hack everything up so he can absorb it all.
    It's useful for the story because it means Unicron is constantly doing something threatening but Earth isn't being massively damaged like if Unicron just went ahead and took a nice bite out of the planet. Earth can be ravaged but not damaged so much that everyone would die from it because of the huge permanent effect and devastation a giant bite would cause.

Unicron enveloped the Earth early in the movie as some kind of Dyson Sphere and was slowly contracting around our planet to absorb it while his drones (Cyclonus, Scourge, whatever) battled the Autobots, humans and maybe Decepticons. Perhaps Megatron tries to strike a 'Galvatron' deal with Unicron to avoid being munched before he decides to break the deal and throw in with Optimus and co instead. Just imagine the epic aerial battles with Earth below and this alien mechanical Unicron landscape filling the sky as Decepticon jets joined with human jet fighters to tackle the Unicron Heralds while Optimus searched for a way to destroy the giant menace.

Okay, so Unicron wouldn't have a robot mode, but then this is BayFormers after all and so much used from other TF series gets buggered about with anyway. I think to have a giant robot tooling about over the planet would look a bit silly in live-action and also giving Unicron an actual face might take the massive menace away from his presence. He could still talk, but it would be a huge voice that echoes across his inner surface seemingly without any point of origin. And maybe in the BayVerse Unicron isn't a Transformer like the Autobots and Decepticons are, but something else that's distantly related, still transforming, but not with a robot mode. Or maybe he can transform to a robot, who knows? :) 

8. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Unicron would probably get the Galactus treatment like in the Fantastic Four sequel.

9. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

The only reason they did that to Galactus is because comic book Galactus was a big giant dude in a dumb hat.
    Unicron is a big evil robotic planet. That has a lot more Hollywood appeal.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unicron should be like Lavos from Chrno Trigger IMO.

Bigass monster that eats planet... FROM THE INSIDE OUT

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    This is the best idea I've read in one of these threads. I think it could work really well.

12. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

primus and his autobots will stop unicorn and his decpitcons in final

13. SirZap

SirZap Well-Known Member

what if Unicron is Planet X in 2012?

just asking :popcorn 

14. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

Prime will take Unicron with his left hand and Megs with his right. Piece of cake :D 

15. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Bloody hell, that's a wonderful idea! A totally new take on the Unicron concept, that would make for a visually stunning movie. Kudos sir. Kudos.

16. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

But don't forget the irrepressible force of the US Forces. A few tanks and a rail gun would sort him out in no time :bay 

Seriously though, that's a quality idea! Well played dude :thumbs2: 

17. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Unicron could totally work, it's just...I think he's too large a character. Not in terms of scale but dangerous-ness. Also, why bother going to Earth? The Allspark is gone. Though I suppose they could say the Matrix drew him. Whatevs. I can deal without Unicron.

18. transtrekkie

Why? Everyone has a weakness. Good point about Earth though. It might work better if he shows up at Cybertron and the Bots and Cons have to go back there to fight him.

19. sonofsuns34

sonofsuns34 Active Member

I wonder how a movieverse Unicron would affect the gravity on earth if it was swallowed...

20. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I think he can, but he needs to wait for a fourth movie, once you see the second movie, you'll understand. While the second is good, and the villain really evil, just doesn't feel evil or epic enough, so they need to find the next step on the bridge before getting to the Planet-Eater instead of just jumping into it for jumping's sake.