Could Transformers 5 Have this Ending..

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by figsdad, Dec 25, 2016.

1. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bamond

Bamond Robbie Rotten's step brother.

News Credits:
    Yes
    We od know Prime will question his leadership

• Like Like x 1
  3. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm expecting something like this but okay.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sladeprime

sladeprime MS Paint Transformer artist

News Credits:
    oh boy. this is too sad.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    With Bay direct, i doubt.

6. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    I seriously hate that kind of argument... bat didn't write the damn script

• Like Like x 3
  7. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, because this isn't the final Transformers film

8. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Only in our dreams.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    agreed !!!!!!!!!!! 100%

• Like Like x 3
  10. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

True but that didn't have to be the end of Prime. TF for decades has been trapped in a status quo Autobots vs decepticons, the great war. It's where the story always goes and we've never gone beyond it. We rarely explore a post war Cybertron or Earth. We're always skipping out on the real intriguing stuff because we always default back to the status quo, Autobots vs decepticons and if it's not that it's close enough, predacons vs maximal, it's time for a different status quo a different story.

Restore Cybertron, defeat Megatron, disband the decepticons, revive their race, end the war and unite the factions end the status quo so we can go somewhere new. Show us how the cybertronians try to reestablish their society and government show differing political parties struggling one who wants to reestablish the old reign and another who wants a different reign. Tradition vs change. Have them interact with different alien worlds show how the ages of war have effected their reputation as a species. Let the transformers live in peace times so we can see if they can even embrace a life of peace or if war is just their nature be it amongst themselves or other species will they rebuild and find a better future or just revert back to war and savagery?

These are the kind of places we can go but first we have to get out of the status quo only then can we progress but everything always just ends once the war is over we never see beyond it even though what happens after the war will likely be a much more interesting story. The whole you can't revive Cybertron and kill optimus or use Unicron till the last movie is why we're still stuck in this status quo, we believe the story can't continue beyond it yet the story that emerges after all that will be far richer and multi layered.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  11. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While Bay keeps using the Army it be the same film time and time again and again.... Plus i hate Humans killing Robots ...Just watched Dark of the Moon again on UK Tv last night and Shockwave was killed by humans not Prime as he was allready dead by the time Prime got him..

12. Megatronus the Fallen

Megatronus the Fallen The First Decepticon

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    He wasn't killed by humans. Shockwave was still standing and trying to fight back before Optimus killed him. For the fatal blow was struck when Optimus ripped Shockwave's face open and pulled out his eye. THEN his eye stopped glowing, signalling his death.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

We could have any ending except for a bad guy win. With the mega budget films studios tend to run away screaming from the idea of the good guys not winning.

So it's more of a case of how likely will something be. While they are pulling things from all over the Transformers incarnations my gut feeling is that this ending is not very likely. Not exactly sure what the writers have up their sleeves but my guess is that we will have an ending more like the other big films that have come out in recent years.

14. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    I honestly don't think so. Let's not forget two crucial factors when considering predictions concerning Optimus' fate. First of all, Hasbro would never allow Optimus to be killed off permanently thanks to 1986. Only reason they were okay with the Prime writers killing off Optimus at the end of that series is because they already planned to have him revived in the sequel series aka Robots in Disguise 2015. Second of all, they already killed him in RotF. Killing him off again would feel a bit lazy for the writers to do.

• Like Like x 1
  15. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could see that in TV series, and to a degree that's kind of what RID does. There's the suggestion that the ruling authorities on Cybertron are corrupt so it would be good to see that it investigated.

Not sure it would work for the movies, at least not for me. I've never been a huge fan of Cybertronian alt modes or the 'space opera' way that Transformers often goes; what I've always loved is the fact that they acquire alt modes to fit in on earth, or any other planet they go to, but when it's alien robots turning into alien vehicles on an alien planet it just loses something for me. They may still transform, but unless it's an origin story, they may just as well be three-legged martians, or a planet of non-mechanical shape shifters to me, once the robots in disguise element is taken away. And I can imagine that's how it might be for the general/casual movie goer.

I appreciate, though, that there are plenty of fans who enjoy the comics and old series set on Cybertron and get why they'd want to see that brought into the movies.

16. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just hope something like this doesn't happen!

17. Megatronus the Fallen

Megatronus the Fallen The First Decepticon

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's not, for Bumblebee is getting his own spin off.

18. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Very well said. I find its crazy that no tv series or movie of this brand actually shows the more interesting parts of the story by now. I mean, why not give us a series completely based on Cybertron of almost all the events that even led to the great War that screwed their planet. All we ever have is them going to other planets at what's pretty much the end of the war, involving another species in nothing but schemes.

19. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

Well there's a downside to your suggestion anything before or during the war has limits to what it can do, you can't develop certain characters or do certain story arcs and you're required to go to a certain place. You can't resolve many character arcs nor can you have any sense of resolution since you have to eventually lead to the status quo. A war for Cybertron story would be awesome but only for a short period, it's still too limiting. Moving beyond the great war itself is the key to moving forward those are stories we barely see and you have no limits to what you can and can't do anymore, the status quo is gone the war is over, you have no character requirements anymore no required plot points, all you have is a new story with endless possibilities.

There's too many possibilities that we don't go to I know people bring up that this would lose the robots in disguise aspect but that's just another status quo, these characters being able to transform is not what makes them interesting. The Robots in disguise aspect creates the idea of where are they, will they be discovered what will they do? The truth is the world and story can't move forward if we don't lose the in the disguise aspect. A lot of people talk about how they're tired of humanity not trusting the Autobots but I don't think many fans realize that if the Autobots prove themselves and win humanity's trust gaining their place on Earth they have no reason to remain in hiding anymore, either way you have to lose the robots in disguise aspect eventually or the story will never advance.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  20. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Which is totally not confirmed to be a sequel to the current line of movies, btw!