Could the first movie Optimus possibly defeat the fallen?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Minh'T, Oct 24, 2013.

?

Can the first movie prime stop the fallen?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    I think everybody have seen how weak Optimus was in TF1. You saw how Imposssible it was for him to go on an one-on-one with Megatron. But as time past, in ROTF Optimus have proven to have evolve a knowledge of martial art by easily beating megatron when the forest fight started, he could even won a three against one fight with the three decepticons even after have been heavily damaged by Megatron's fussion cannon. I know people might think that Optimus wasn't able to defeat megatron because Megatron was too powerful back then and he have got weakenned in ROTF due to his lack of Energon (notice that Megatron got rusted in the second and third movie). But after seeing the battle of Optimus and Sentinel, i have conclude that Prime's skill must have improved over the years because we have to admit that Sentinel is way more powerful than Megatron even Megatron from TF1 and Optimus and still lay some kick on him. So, after seeing how weak Prime was in the first movie, do you think that Prime in the first movie is still able to stop the fallen? I personally think No

2. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Ask Bonecrusher.

3. black mamba

black mamba Seal Team 6

News Credits:
    It depends on the script..........

4. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last time I checked TF1, ROTF, and DOTM OP were all the same character so I would say "yes".

5. Blazere

Blazere :)

News Credits:
    I think it was the power-up that allowed Optimus to defeat the Fallen, so no.

6. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    ^ this.

7. abc55abc55

abc55abc55 Banned

Well the Fallen himself said that only a Prime could defeat him. I think Optimus would figure out a way to defeat him, even without the power-up.

8. Buk Lau

Buk Lau Ignorance is Bliss

News Credits:
    Optimus got it handed to him by all three villains. Owned by Megatron in TF1, Megatron again in TF2, The Fallen before Optimus became OP'd, and Sentinel in TF3.

9. Blazere

Blazere :)

News Credits:

Sadly, it looked like Optimus could hardly get up after the Fallen stole the Matrix from him.

And just analyzing,

Jetfire's parts instantly gave Prime the strength, the jet engines gave him a boost onto the mountain, the jet boosters shot Megs just enough so he could be distracted, and alas, the Fallen got his face ripped off.

IMO, wasn't legit.

10. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

I think the Matrix must have energised him in ROTF.

11. Deadends Meds

Deadends Meds Yup

Clearly Keanu Reeves and OP had a conversation between the time the AllSpark killed Megs and ROTF.

- Optimus Prime (who oddly enough sounds like Peter Cullen) to Keanu Reeves "I've reviewed your movies, on the world wide web, I now know Kung Fu."

12. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

On the one hand, I say no because he got his ass handed to him by Megatron in the first one but on the other, Optimus didn't want to kill Megatron and was kinda holding back, going so far as preferring Sam to push the Cube into his own chest instead of Meg's. He'd have no such compulsion with The Fallen, not to mention, only a Prime can kill the Fallen.

13. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

It took powered-up Optimus to even put serious hurt on Megatron. So no, Optimus in Movie 1 wouldn't be able to harm The Fallen, much less kill him.

It's like Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader. Luke wouldn't be able to get within arm's reach of Vader until he familiarized himself with the Force.

14. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Remember though that the only time The Fallen actually "fought" Optimus before he got Jetfire's parts was literally seconds after he had come back to life.

Optimus definitely gets a pass for that one, since the only thing the Fallen did to Optimus was step on him and take the Matrix, it wasn't even a fight.

15. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    lol, my friend said similar thing when we was watching the movie at the cinema in 2009

I totally agree about the holding back thing. Optimus never seem want to finish Megatron in the forest battle he got many chances to strike the fatal blow but all he did was "messing around" with Meg, like in this scene, he could have stroke to the Nape and finish Meg in one blow instead of the shoulder
    [​IMG]

The fallen could have finished off Optimus in that scene, he made the mistake like all the other villain did :" I could easily kill you but i want you to watch as i deystroy/conquer this world"