Could the Decepticons have their own 'Grimlock'?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by scorpio-prime, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Once again if I read the GI article correctlly in this fiction the insecticons are an indiginous lifeform that lived underground on Cybertron but have been forced to the surface by the planet shutting down. Having said that I see no continuity conflict with having Shockwave alter 3 Decepticons (Shrapnel, Bombshell, & Kickback) to have insectoid alt forms. This could be what paved the way for Shockwave's Dinobot experiments or vise versa which would make more sense. He would want practice on some Autobots before subjecting any Decepticons to his new science.

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That works for me, though one might wonder why Shockwave would go from Dinosaurs to Insects for inspiration.

I sort of hope they are something of their own doing, the product of evolution. It's not that I don't like the idea of Shockwave building them (well, maybe a little), but rather his importance to the story so far. Shockwave, not Megatron, looks to be the brains behind the Decepticons.

3. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, but there is a big differance between research & development of military products and being a military commander. That is why US Presidents and most leaders of nations have so many advisors.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I see your point, but Megatron isn't the type to consult anyone for this or that. When has he not been shown to be the brains of, well, anything? My memory may be a bit fuzzy, but I recall him calling the shots every single time.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Maybe they might have a possible clone that might be a homage to either Overkill or Crullock.

6. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Overlord, the walking Decepticon genocide generator. Or Sixshot, annihilation personified. Or Thunderwing (though I doubt the game makers would make him the Stormbringer self)
    Or Lugnut, Megatron's most loyal tropper

7. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right ,but Megatron can call the shots all day long, that doesn't make him a science guy capable of dark experiments. Megatron is also supposed to very intelligent, tactical, & ruthless so imo he would use anything and anyone at his disposal. And that would include a mad scientist. Think of it this way Megatron is Hitler and Shockwave is Joseph Mendela. I probibly spelled that last name wrong but you get what I'm saying.

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess that all depends on how you envision Megatron. I guess I saw too many Transformers cartoons when I was a kid. Megatron wasn’t a gladiatorial combatant, but a military commander with sense of genius. Yeah, I know his plans never really worked—he suffered from 80's villain syndrome like any other villain of the age—but he did come up with some pretty powerful weapons on his own, and it was he who built Menasor.

I like the fact that the comics made Shockwave do something (never really cared much for him in the cartoons), but I have to wonder how this new take on Megatron could ever consider Starscream a threat while he lets mad scientist Shockwave do as he wishes on Cybertron unsupervised, free of interruption and Megatron’s watch.

9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Maybe Terrorcons

10. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I'd probably say Overkill, with his more recent release of the Special Edition, it wouldn't surprise me if he did show up, especially considering how well the High Moon team are up on current events.