Could Paramount movies flopping affect the Transformers franchise?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dmhead, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gemini Man is a flop and now Terminator Dark Fate is gonne bomb HUGE! Some outlets reporting the studio can lose 180 million.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    If Paramount goes belly up, bankruptcy isnt going to help fund movies.

• Like Like x 5
  3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Assuming they dont file into bankruptcy, its possible that Paramount may want to fast track another TF movie in hopes that this one may bring more profit given the good reception Bumblebee had and Bee didnt lost them money unlike a certain film that came before it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Prime Red

Prime Red Banned

Some other studio will pick it up and make a movie. Regardless of TLK's performance Transformers is still a huge grossing series.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

It's not out of the realm of possibility that they'd rush a half-assed Transformers movie, in the hopes of making a quick buck if they start sinking and panicking. I'm kind of surprised it's not already happening.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After 10 years of Bay, and 5 minutes of Travis, knowing Lorenzo still has a seat at the table, I am ambivalent.
    That said I have nothing against the employees, and I hope their jobs are safe. Just zero investment in the franchise that Bay has stained forever it seems.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

I don't know why they spent so much on Terminator. Terminator is a perfect $60 million dollar action franchise. That opening chase scene should be the ENDING of a Terminator movie there was no need for 2 giant CGI Cargo planes to crash into each other and force them to parachute down in a Humvee to a hydro-power plant and it's all CGI. If they had made it for a reasonable amount of money they might not have wound up with sequels but they almost surely wouldn't have lost anything

• Like Like x 5
  8. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I'm surprised they're not planning an animated TF movie after how well Spiderverse did...

• Like Like x 3
  9. xDOTMShockwave

xDOTMShockwave Banned

Think they’re going to become a lot more wary of doing big budget movies now. Fans act like a Bumblebee 2 will be a good idea but don’t think whether it’ll be a financial success. there was barely any hype even after the BB release (these are just facts no point giving reasons behind it). It BARELY made them a profit too. Why do people think there will be another one? Just because it had good ratings?

Omfg it’s soo funny how people criticised TLK bombing O N L Y because it was bad but never take inevitable franchise fatigue into account. This Terminator has good reviews on rotten tomatoes, James Cameron is back, promoted as a new start yet it’s STILL BOMBING. IMAGINE if this was Bay instead of Cameron

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Oh, please, franchise fatigue was brought up years before TLK even existed. In fact, I'd be hard pressed to say anybody who was super critical of TLK didn't bring up franchise fatigue.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah, I do remember the numerous threads where franchise fatigue was brought up. Of course, if people weren't around for all of that, they wouldn't even know. Then again, I don't expect everyone to dig through years and years of discussion, debate, and arguments just to know. Hell, I don't even do that :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  12. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's not impossible.

13. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes, Hasbro could realize that Paramount is not doing a great profit.

14. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

The planned Netflix animated TF series may be delayed. . .If so, that may be a very strategically smart move-and I'd be OK with that; Even though BB was a good move, there's still alot of mess to clean up left behind by the previous cinematic iteration. . .

• Like Like x 2
  15. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

Is Paramount involved with that Netflix series somehow?

16. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

The worst case scenario is Hasbro rolling with another movie studio... But the movies being made is publicity for the franchise as a whole. So, no movies - less publicity.

It's mostly Paramount problem, not Hasbro's. But I bet that Hasbro prefers a successful movie franchise based on their IP.

• Like Like x 2
  17. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After Bumblebee was a success, I was quite surprised that Paramount didn't immediately announce a follow up to the film. Even without a director attached I bet Paramount could've kept the hype up for the movie if they announced a sequel or spin off.

I would actually like to see an animated TF movie. I think if they were to make something separate from the Live Action films or any show, I think I could become a lot more invested in an animated film.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I hope hasbro strikes a deal of moving their TF rights over to Universal Studios soon. I've always wanted to see a Cybertron opening with their logos.

BBB's good and all but paramount's got such a serious catalog of making terrible cinemas and just ignoring critics that it's already too late to try regaining the audiences attention. It's only a matter of time before they share Foxs fate.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    I can't say I'd bring myself to really care. If Hasbro never makes a live action movie again, that would be great! It had 1 good movie and 2 decent movies amid piles of shit and I'm not just talking about their TF movies.

I understand it was a new thing for them and you have growing pains as you learn, but your supposed to eventually get better, not progressively worse.

I'm not looking forward to the upcoming Joe movie after I heard the premise.

They're better off sticking to their strengths and just making the occasional animated film.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  20. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Not a very good choice if that's the only reason you think Hasbro should move to them.

• Like Like x 1