Could Galvatron become Megatron again if season 4 continue?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Jan 13, 2017.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hi ,I have a question ,do you think Galvatron could become Megatron again if the G1 season 4 continue after the Rebirth?
    If Goldbug can become Bumble gain in Marvel comics issue 56 US edition Back From The Dead,could this happen to Galvatron as well if they follow the Transformers toy line which Megatron become a Action Master?

Could this happen when Galvatron and Optimus Prime have a rematch fight like in the movies 1986 which Galvatron body was badly damage and Cyclonus or Scorponok used Nucleon to revived him ?

What do you think?

Thanks.

2. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the Japanese lore, he eventually did return to being Megatron, albeit being revived by an entity known as Dark Nova and being newely dubbed "Super Megatron" in the Battlestars story, which takes place 15 years after the end of The Headmasters.

In US lore, he eventually returned to being Megatron sometime after the Pax Cybertrona peace treaty was signed.

3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    If US lore means Sunbow then no, he never reverted back to being Megatron cause that continuity ended with The Rebirth.
    Offcourse in the Headmasters cartoon they killed Optimus after just having brought him back, so i guess idiocy is not out of the question.

4. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Beast Wars says otherwise.

5. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Actually, I think the specific continuity BW is in was never specified apart from "300 years in the future of G1". Which G1 is never specified - it could be Marvel or Sunbow, or BW could have an unknown G1 as its past.

Personally I think it's the Ladybird books. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    The writers said they used stuff from both the show and comics.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Where does it say that ?
    The Beast Wars cartoon has an undefined version of G1 completely original to its continuity.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it ever happened, it wouldn't have been in season four. Galvatron's toy was still on the shelves. It might have happened when the Action Masters came about, but Hasbro was also planning an Action Master Galvatron (that would transform into Megatron), so who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Only if the cartoon continued until Action Masters. There's no point before then. "To sell toys" sometimes causes the fiction to jump through ridiculous hoops that wouldn't have happened without the "to sell toys" factor.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well if Galvatron revise back into Megatron maybe at could be Season 6 back when everyone become a Action Master, as for the Beast Wars timeline if you cornet G1 Sunbow continuity to the Wings Universe continuity to the Beast Wars continuity you might got a some what completely timeline of G1.

11. Altered Prime

I do agree with you in your conclusion however while it's true that the beast wars backstory doesn't fit either Sunbow or marvel whole heartedly

Originally the official word was not as vague with Hasbro saying on a few occasions it was connected to the G1 cartoon as well as there being an even stronger connection when beast machines was released

12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I was actually more adamant in my conclusion than i am.
    I have always held that to be the truth because i always forget the thing where the Vok are an evolution of the Swarm is not official. So my question was sincere. But we have had a thread about this some time ago and i dont believe anyone could give a conclusive answer to the question wether BW fits into any earlier continuity.
    Offcourse this is not an exact science, anyone can take it as they wish.
    I've been aching to watch the show again for a while now but i'm just finishing the amazing BWU and have to get back to the Marvel comics after that so i wont be able to answer the question for myself for a while.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  13. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    To the OP...sure, Megatron could always come back from Galvatron. He's the same guy in the Sunbow Universe.

14. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    Goldbug and Bumblebee were only different in their outer body. Personality was completely the same.
    This was very different with Galvatron, as his sanity had been effected by Unicron & the plasma bath.

Had he been cured on Turkulon, he could have well re-become Megatron and even Transformed into Galva-gun mode, which was never in the cartoon.

As others mentioned, I don't thin khe would have re-Megatroned in S4, but definitely when the Action master came out. As a Galvatron fan, I admit it woulda bin cool to see him re-Megatron in the series finale, if the cartoon made it to S7.

Given the hodge-podge of continuities and errors in BW, I think you are right! :) 

15. joshtheninja

joshtheninja Well-Known Member

Megatron wasn't changed into Galvatron because they couldn't sell toy guns like that anymore?

16. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I don't see why not. It's fiction. All you need is a good writer. Just look at how many times Captain America and Superman have died and changed.

Some of us consider Beast Wars/Machines to be bad storytelling, and completely ignore its existence. At best, it's alt-verse of some kind. BW made an interesting universe far less interesting. So "Beast Wars/Machines said so" is never an acceptable reason for anything.

That also means the idea of "spark" is rejected, being a Beast-era idea. The fact that Bayformers also focuses on it so much makes it doubly rejected.

We want cool robots, not kibbly transformation (Bay) or animals. Those things make Gobots look better!

17. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Fixed that for you.

18. Altered Prime

And many of us enjoy it
    nope sorry

You can see it that way for your personal head canon if you like

But beast wars is an official product as well as being an official continuation to G1 so saying "Beast Wars/Machines said so" is Indeed an acceptable reason for anything.

Sorry but the "IDEA" for Sparks is not from the beast era

He "IDEA" is actually from the early original G1 movie script

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  19. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

The Ladybird books were better written than the G1 cartoon.

Plus they gave us Quickswitch and the Double Targetmasters and Scorponok got a better voice than bloody Rebirth

20. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Was this a Japanese comic book or something?