Coronavirus delaying shipments from China?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Transider, Jan 31, 2020.

1. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Everything is to you, I'm afraid. Positive or negative, you just don't like it.

Personally, I think the first one they mention was just to draw attention and pump a stock price, but the second lab working on creating one in 90 days sounds more plausible given they did create an Ebola vaccine in 90 days.

2. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

all collectors are kindly reminded to report here if any of their tf toys (made in china) are displaying any cornavirus symptoms.. pls find the previously (hidden text) link to the article about symptom-less infection ass well as considering all already established tell signs of infection.

Stay safe and stay tuned as we are currently working on a draconian method of quarantine that we can all safely establish to our infected bots (you might be required to acquire a flame thrower in the near future) ;) 

Meanwhile; on more related news - Robotoybase has updated their product page with a few hasbro figures (Vietnam?)
    - subsequent conjecture ; while factories reopening are being closed again due to recent, further spread of the virus, apparently Tony is still in bushiness and hopefully.. healthy.

3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My bots are quarantined with me. I give them the virus and vice versa. We have now all built resistance to the virus.

Don't underestimate the power of love.

• Like Like x 2
  4. yiyahow

yiyahow Well-Known Member

Robotoybase is also shipping (or at least my Alpha Trianix came in two weeks.)

I'm more surprised that after I made a split two orders with smartlulup003 on 2/3 to see that one is arriving today (went thru Guangzhou) but the other is still awaiting like everything else.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

My bots will be fine, it's the family bat farm that worries me. I mean what if Gerald, Honky-tonk, Jennifer Big Ears, little Squeaky Joe and all the others got sick? I'd never forgive myself.

6. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Spray them with Windex. Failing that, make an offering and summon the lord of all bats ... Batm.. erhm I meant Dracula.

7. Dodgy Dan

Well, I tried soaking them in brandy for a bit, but when I put the heating on last night they all burst into flame. Beefy Bill, our prize stud bat, actually exploded and took out all our windows. Damn tragedy, really. :( 

8. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Would you then say that we live in batty times?

• Like Like x 1
  9. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    US will test people with flu symptoms for coronavirus

As I said yesterday, if we don't do this, we'll never catch anyone in the US. We don't do proper screenings in airports. I bet you if everyone in New York City gets tested today, you'll see 500 people with the infection easy.

• Like Like x 2
  10. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    The slow roll of screening and detection measures is a fine example of federal incompetence. They are just now talking about considering screening inbound from the countries with high counts of confirmed infected. Still no mention of concern around Indonesia with its laughable zero infections count.

The possible origins of 2019-nCoV coronavirus | Request PDF

11. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey look, another article that skips over the fact it jumped animals.

12. Dodgy Dan

Well, I'm in a bit of a flap, but if i wing it, I usually manage to squeak by.

13. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    The CDC also accidentally released someone with the virus so that he could mingle with other evacuees.

With friends like these, who needs Russians? I mean we are still talking about 15 confirmed cases here + 400 evacuees, and we are already that incompetent. Heck a CDC director already says that this might be widespread in the US later this year. He should know. 2 guys manning a small table in SFO. I call that the hopium strategy.

Indonesia : ZERO
    New York City: ZERO

Equally ridiculous. Ok one is a country, and the other one is a city. Does not matter. 5000 tourists from China every day would go to Indonesia. Quite a bit less now for sure. Similar volume to NYC though, so should be comparable. But nah, ZERO cases in NYC. Sure, we believe that.

Our incompetence is scary.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  14. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    Actually it references the lack of evidence for that very thing. Can you please have your bitchfest directly with divinecomedy since you two seem to be on opposite sites of this issue? I seem to be stuck in the middle and getting shot as the messenger.

15. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My ”bitchfest” is with the article not you. Obviously I would reply to you if you post the article.

16. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Who's having a bitch fest? Why am I suddenly included?

17. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. (Pssst...he's crazy) Moderator

I'm not much for conspiracy theory but I was talking to my wife and said "If anyone thinks we're not going to get a large scale outbreak here in the US of this, they're dreaming" It'll happen, we're just way to lax for it not to happen with how this stuff can spread and not be detected till it's already out there.

Where I live, if they say it's going to snow (which amuses me a lot because I'm from Michigan where it snows a ton) they panic. Bread and Milk (Why? Making a milk sandwich if you're snowed in?) FLIES off the shelf like it's end of days. Wait till we get a good size outbreak in the US. People are going to lose their minds.

• Like Like x 1
  18. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    I guess it seems that way when you snipe every article that's posted and naysay everything.

19. DJofSYN

DJofSYN Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Is Takara Tomy an affiliate of Takara Bio? Takara Bio makes test kits for the coronavirus and has a manufacturing plant in Dalian. Just curious

20. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Another outstanding example of our CDC at work: Coronavirus test kits sent to Hawaii are flawed

First they sent to the wrong state (probably confused Hawaii with Canada or something), and then the kits arrived damaged.

Yes I know Canada is not a state ;)