Corey Burton uninterested in reprising Shockwave for DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Chopperface, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Lord Shockwave7

Lord Shockwave7 Xbox Live Dictator

Wow... that was for a comedy character and even there I see a huge potensial for the perfect shockwave. minus the rolling his words thing lol

2. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

Disappointing news. Here's to hoping that if Shockwave evers show up in 'Prime', maybe Burton would reprise the role there.

That said, Warner would be a suitable replacement if that's true about him being a contender and it pans out.

3. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    HAH! Ah, I knew this would happen: Burton doesn't normally perform with the guys that do the voices in the movies (Tom Kenny being the exception). Still, 'propensity for casting Screen Personalities over multi-voiced off-camera "cartoon" character voice actors'? Hardly. 'Voice actors who don't do many TV cartoons these days' maybe. After all, when was the last time we heard Jess Harnell regularly in a TV cartoon? Drawn Together? It's all films, DTVs and video games for him these days. Same with Peter Cullen.

So, yeah, the film's voice cast aren't the same kind of people you'd hear in a TV cartoon, so that would perhaps keep Corey out of casting consideration. It's just a theory.

I fully expect Shockwave to return for Prime, and once again they will cast someone other than Corey Burton. And I will drink the sweet, sweet tears of fanboy and fangirl alike when they do.

4. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, that's a good one, I know exactly who it is now. Equate anything with transofrmers and TMNT and I know what you are talking about. I am either remembering it through my own childhood or reliving it with my 5 year old son right now.

5. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    He also was the "face" of the MCP (just intentionally low-polygon)

6. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

David Warner
    David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner David Warner

Please MICHEAL BAY DO THIS

FOR SHOCKWAVE

7. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I kinda hope they get another well-known actor for the title villain - Hugo Weaving as Megatron, Tony Todd as The Fallen...David Warner as Shockwave sounds good. :) 

>_>

<_<

In before "The movie is ruined because Corey Burton isn't gonna be cast as Shockwave" comment.

Shit...

8. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Burton would be cool but I like this too.

End of line.

9. major revolt

major revolt rogue theory

Yes .

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've been hoping for David Warner since the first "Who should voice movie Shockwave?" threads.

If it actually comes to pass, nifty. The next step is hoping the voice isn't processed to the point of unrecognizability. (Meanwhile, Soundwave will remain not-processed-enough, and still sound like Dr. Claw. :)  )

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  12. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    so he's saying that he wouldn't be interested in voicing for the TF movies cuz they're so "big"?

13. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    This should give people an idea of what he sounds like today:

YouTube - Doctor Who: Dreamland - David Warner

I think he could still pull off a great voice, even if it may sound a bit older. I won't complain, Cullen's Prime sounds older and I like the current state of that voice even more because of it. I think it can also work well for Shockwave.

14. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He also played Bob Cratchit in the 1984 TV version of "A Christmas Carol" with George C. Scott.

15. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Please tell me you're joking?

Ugh..this fandom...

Oh, and by the way, in case no one has mentioned this before, he was Spicer Lovejoy, Billy Zane's bodyguard in Titanic.

I would kill for Shockwave to be facing an aircraft carrier and say "You know, I believe this ship may sink!" before blasting it to atoms.

16. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anybody remember the 1979 movie "Time After Time"? David Warner played Jack The Ripper who time traveled into the future to San Francisco.

I think he played the best villain in that movie.

17. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I think they were kinda joking, actually. I think you're misreading Green's comment. Take another go over it. They were mock fan raging over it, leading into mock realization that it might be David Warner, and then fan gushing over it.

18. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I will be VERY VERY happy if David Warner is cast.

Barricade was known as "Brawl" during production, and the tank guy we know as Brawl was called "Devastator".

Corey Burton apparently based Shockwave's voice on David Warner's.

Also, there's more to voicing Transformers than just the vocoder, as seen by the numerous failed attempts (in real Transformers products and in fan voice things) to emulate Frank Welker's Soundwave voice. As I understand, Welker just played it normally (as heard in Revenge of the Fallen), then they gave it the monotone quality in post. However, it seems like most voice actors since have attempted to play the role monotone, leading to this dull, lifeless double-monotone voice for most subsequent versions of Soundwave.

19. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Warner is the man. And luckily Burton seems to pull for him to have the role. He's got my vote. (and I'll forge your vote if you don't like him. so grrrrrr.)

20. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I hope you're right, but I fear your sig may be appropo in the face of this one.