Core class disappearing? + Earthspark Replacement

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    As far as we are aware, nothing will be replacing Core class. Hasbro has seemingly written the size class off as a failed experiment despite performing well in the past under “Cyberverse” and “Legends” class, and also despite the continuing popularity of 3rd Party Legends.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Confused Millennial

Confused Millennial Well-Known Member

[F]

Rescue Bots looks all the more impressive with its run. Didn’t even make it to the curse of the fourth season that killed off G1 and arguably Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know that they have a reason for the slow releasing of certain characters like the cassettes, and that is to keep dragging people along. From a business perspective, it makes complete sense. But that doesn't stop me from being irritated by how they've released the cassettes. We've been through the battlemaster/micromaster price point, and now core class, and they just now completed Buzzsaw. And now they have to put them out as more than likely difficult to get store exclusives. I'm under no delusion that they are going to do, say Slugfest, Overkill, and the combiner cassettes, at this point I'm just hoping they knock out the repaints like Stripes and Howlback and some of those other goofballs. (Heck, don't get me started on minibots like Outback and Swerve.)

Sorry, don't really know the point of everything I just said, just needed to rant. I'll go back to being my usual positive self now. We've gotten a lot of cool stuff over the past few years, and I am appreciative. But allow me to be selfish, I would just like to see the cassettes and minibots completed within my lifetime ha ha

• Like Like x 5
  4. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So.... Any potential this series might reignite your passion or does it not sound interesting to you?

• Like Like x 1
  5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Okay. That probably also explains why the trilogy got 50-52 episodes each.

That seems like a loaded question. As his tastes may or may not align with mine or yours.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Prime died because of its own existing flaws and mismanagement, not because of the “fourth season” curse.

• Like Like x 2
  7. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Rescue Bots lasted as long as it did because it was the Paw Patrol of Transformers. Minimal continuity and a small focused cast. Made it very accessible to its target audience of younger kids.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Robomaster726

Robomaster726 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been a bit quiet on this discontinuation of the Core Class.

After some pondering, I've really come to be rather upset with the decision by Hasbro. And what it means. More smaller figures being packed in with larger to justify price points, thus increasing the stupid requirement of possibly having to get another copy of a figure you already have albeit possibly altered in color tone at best (looking at you PR Metalhawk). While Steeljaw definitely has his... flaws, putting him in the Core Class was perfect as it's the right size and as an individual, it allowed for a bit more love put into him vs as a pack in that Ramhorn is gonna be. This also eliminates the possibility of a Frumble style Reject (yes I hybridize the the humanoid Cassette bots). I would have loved a solid figure of both Reject figures in the Frumble Core Class style. And given they don't have to worry about the piledrivers, they could have possibly have elbows. And for small characters like Wheelie, and even Exosuit Spike, it's a perfect size.

In the end, it's genuinely a huge blow and a sad thing to have happen.

• Like Like x 8
  9. veltapax

veltapax Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    And it was popular with adults too! Maybe we should have a more episodic Transformers series a la Teen Titans Go or Spongebob. A small cast going on misadventures with the occasional guest character.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Riddler87

Riddler87 semi-retired transformers collector

Earthspark:
    I have watched episodes of the show and while watching "Aftermath" it hit me why I do not like this show. The main Transformers feel like secondary characters in their own show. I would almost prefer a Beast Wars approach where the whole cast is new characters because then I wouldn't be wondering what characters like Optimus are doing when we're focused on the Maltos.

Core Class discontinued:
    This does legit disappoint me. I really liked the core class it was fun to pick up little mini versions of some characters all in the same scale class and it turned into its own wacky little mini collection. They're really easy to just toss in the cart while doing the grocery shopping. I'm still getting Energon Galvatron, Steeljaw, and the rumored Dino-King pack that is hopefully still happening. Honestly though like with everything else I'm running out of space for my core class figures. So maybe this is a good thing in the long run.
    IMG_2366.jpeg
    IMG_2370.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  11. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    My body is still ready for Pretender Core Robots at the $15 pricepoint with core/shell combos at higher points. Scrapping the current Core Class offerings clears the way for Pretender style cores of Bumblebee, Starscream, Jazz, Grimlock, Optimus Prime and Megatron, if they don't already find their way into the hypothetical higher price points.

I was never a huge Pretenders fan as a kid. But I'm ready to see that part of G1 done correctly, even if it means a $5 increase across all assortment levels.

12. Rtron1

Rtron1 Member

They had this with Botbots, but completely wasted it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    That was S1 of Cyberverse. When it caught on they expanded it to be more serial.

I would assume that's still happening since it's been in the plan so long and has it's basis in existing molds.

• Like Like x 4
  14. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Pretty certain it's set as an exclusive this year (SDCC or Pulsecon, I can't remember). Like JT said, core will still exist for a bit in multipacks.

15. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    upload_2024-6-20_13-58-29.png

Unless something has changed, it was Pulsecon. I can't remember if we knew what SDCC had in store.

• Like Like x 3
  16. timorvitae

timorvitae Well-Known Member

EarthSpark toy Line was mediocre. Hasbro should have included some toys for adults. I'm worried that the Toyline from Transformers One is going to make the same mistake

17. stormbringer251

stormbringer251 Well-Known Member

Yeah...there needs to be figures for collectors in the Transformers One line. So far the only figure that I've seen that looks remotely interesting to me is the Quintesson.

18. John Titor

John Titor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't understand this comment. How are they assholes for making toys?

lol, adults can't save the franchise, there arent even enough to stop the G1 gen toys from shelfwarming at times.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kaleb Hart

Kaleb Hart Walking, talking, rearranging furniture

I presume they're upset because SS86 Frumble had really weird distribution and supplies ran out extremely fast, and instead of a package refresh we got the same character but a different version only compatible with a specific version of Soundwave.

• Like Like x 7
  20. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Yes and no. I think most of them are terrible from a quality and design standpoint. But then Walmart wouldn't stock them. But then that was _all_ Targets here would stock aside from dusty Earthspark wave one. Just more ineptitude from every level of the process as usual. In other news, water is wet.

• Like Like x 7